Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WiR 3.2 and old PBEM-games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> WiR 3.2 and old PBEM-games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WiR 3.2 and old PBEM-games - 3/15/2002 1:16:06 PM   
MagnusOlsson

Hi.
Am I correct in believing that it is not possible to upgrade to 3.2 when engaged in PBEM-games started in 3.1?

/Magnus
Post #: 1
Re: WiR 3.2 and old PBEM-games - 3/15/2002 11:14:01 PM   
RickyB

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MagnusOlsson
[B]Hi.
Am I correct in believing that it is not possible to upgrade to 3.2 when engaged in PBEM-games started in 3.1?

/Magnus [/B][/QUOTE]
Magnus,

You can, but I believe it will mess up the casualty totals. At least Tamas and I upgraded our game and that is the only problem we had, and I have not seen any others in other testing I did.

Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi

(in reply to MagnusOlsson)
Post #: 2
- 3/15/2002 11:50:59 PM   
moonfog

I think the OP points at the HQs will also be reduced drastically. However, I don't know how long this problem lasts (at least one turn after upgrading to version 3.2).

Ray

Post #: 3
- 3/17/2002 1:38:37 AM   
MagnusOlsson

I now have another problem... I upgraded to 3.2, but that srewed up my pbems, so I installed 3.1 again. For some reason, I now have the old problem with HQ without attached corps going to 0% replacement level AND the map is fubar.
Can someone tell me what this is all about? Is there a ftp site somewhere with all versions of WiR so that I can check if I really have the right zipfiles?

/Magnus

Post #: 4
- 3/17/2002 4:12:21 PM   
czerpak

Magnus,
I think I have all zip's starting from ver. 3.0. So just drop me email if you need any of them.
Maciej

Post #: 5
- 3/17/2002 5:09:58 PM   
moonfog

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MagnusOlsson
[B]I now have another problem... I upgraded to 3.2, but that srewed up my pbems, so I installed 3.1 again. For some reason, I now have the old problem with HQ without attached corps going to 0% replacement level AND the map is fubar.
Can someone tell me what this is all about? Is there a ftp site somewhere with all versions of WiR so that I can check if I really have the right zipfiles?

/Magnus [/B][/QUOTE]

Magnus,

Version 3.1 had the 0% replacement bug as "standard". This was fixed in version 3.101 which was released some days later. Could it be you installed the bugged version?

There are a lot of different maps (sf.map-files) with all the WiR versions and adaptions. AFAIK a game has to be played with the map it was started with to prevent strange supply level calculations etc (I could be wrong on this).

At the moment I have installed four different WiR versions on my desktop and to prevent mixing up all the obwir and map files I created a separate folder for each version. Until now that works not bad.

Regards
Ray

Post #: 6
- 3/17/2002 5:40:38 PM   
czerpak

[QUOTE]Originally posted by moonfog
[B]

Magnus,

Version 3.1 had the 0% replacement bug as "standard". This was fixed in version 3.101 which was released some days later.
Regards
Ray [/B][/QUOTE]

unfortunatelly wasnt - I also have few folders with different versions and 3.101 still has the bug.

Post #: 7
- 3/17/2002 6:19:16 PM   
MagnusOlsson

I had only 3.1, not 3.101 preserved. But one of my opponents mailed me the 3.101 so now I'm back in business.
Thank's everyone.

On another note I'd like to give my unrestricted praise to Possum for his version of WiR. I just started a PBEM with PossumWir and it is interesting to note how much of ones strategies are connected with the standard map. The Possum one is very cool!

/Magnus

Post #: 8
- 3/17/2002 6:27:48 PM   
moonfog

[QUOTE]Originally posted by czerpak
[B]

unfortunatelly wasnt - I also have few folders with different versions and 3.101 still has the bug. [/B][/QUOTE]

As far as I remember, the problem with v3.1 was that the bug occured in [B]every game[/B]. I think v3.101 fixed that specific problem. However, it is quite possible that the replacement bug occured occasionally in v3.101 as it was the case in v3.0.

I had this problem in a v3.0 PBEM but I can't remember whether it was still present after we upgraded our game to v3.101. In my games I started with 3.101 the bug didn't occur (yet).

Ray

Post #: 9
- 3/18/2002 4:08:26 AM   
Chairman

I made the misstake and upgraded my game and the HQ´s lost alot of OP´s and all units that were attacked in the Soviet phase were down to about 10% in supply and nothing to get them up to around 40-45%

:(

Post #: 10
- 3/26/2002 12:42:50 AM   
Chairman

One more thing poped up after one turn of stalement.

The Germans massproduces railcarts and engines to draw these.

Rail point total 65000-70000:p :confused:

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> WiR 3.2 and old PBEM-games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI