Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue) - 3/21/2008 5:47:51 AM   
Windfire

Greetings,

I am coming back after a hiatus of a few years and I am looking to see if anyone else is running a radeon 9700 with windows XP (home edition with service pack 2). They system worked a couple of years ago when I played it last, but now it does not. Based on review of the tech help, I suspect it is the drivers, which have been updated many times. When I start mech.exe, the program locks up on a black screen and needs to be killed by ending the application. I have tried a half dozen or so of the various earlier drivers that I have found online with no success. If anyone is running with a radeon 9700, can you tell me what version of the drivers you are using and what if any you have the compatibility settings set at for the program (i.e. xxx colors, windows xxx, etc).

Other specs
Intel 2.651MHz chip

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul
Post #: 1
RE: Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue) - 3/21/2008 8:45:40 AM   
Zap

I have a radeon 9800 pro. with windows XP service pack 2.

The game runs fine. So yes, upgrade your drivers. The most recent driver should work.
The only problem I have is after some time playing; the game will use all memory on the computer. The game wil crash to desk top. So be sure to save your game(best after each turn).

If it does'nt work. Some suggest shuting down Virus programs while playing.
Also look in the tech section above I believe there is more discussion of the problem of the black screen.

< Message edited by Zap -- 3/21/2008 8:49:58 AM >

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 2
RE: Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue) - 3/21/2008 2:41:43 PM   
Alby

sometimes upgrading drivers causes problems
I remember having to roll back a video driver once to get rid of black screen problem.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 3
RE: Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue) - 3/22/2008 4:23:22 AM   
Windfire

Zap,

What do you have the properties and display setting set at for your version? Are you running it compatible with windows 98/95, etc?

Thanks,

Paul

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 4
RE: Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue) - 3/23/2008 1:49:17 AM   
Windfire

Guys,

Thanks for the inputs. I finally have it working again. It looks like it was tied to what I thought was a separate issue that I was having with my sound card not working. When I resolved that by deleting the card and reloading the sound card drivers it started working.

Paul

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Query for Startup Help (Possible Driver Issue) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI