Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX - 3/14/2008 10:48:21 AM   
ravinhood

Check this out guys. Paradox now practically forces you to buy the Collectors edition if you want to be part of the PATCHING process.

quote:

This Collectors Edition of EU: Rome will not be sold in retail.

Besides the game of course, the Collectors Edition will include:

* A specially designed "EU:Rome bust", height 15 cm. See images in the webshop.
* A unique forum avatar (think gold!)
* Access to the "EU: Rome Collectors Edition forum" designed to give the hard core fans EU: Rome something extra. You will see a more intense developer presence, and will also be the first to receive any extra material ongoing. In addition you will also be in the fast lane to participate in regular beta testing of upcoming builds and content upgrades. This is also where polls of what to include in upcoming patches and products happen.

Now how bad is that, not only are you going to get a crappy buggy and flawed game to begin with out of the box, but, if you want to be part of the PATCH FEEDBACK process you have to SPEND MORE MONEY hahahah. Used to be you just had to buy the game, now you must buy the COLLECTORS edition which is probably in the $70 range or near it.
And who wall doesn't want a UNIQUIE FORUM AVATAR over there? hahahaha It amazes me the gimmicks some companies will use to prey on young innocent minds to spend another $20 bucks for a game. Now you put a Jersey in that box and I might think about spending that extra $$. A plastic bust of Caesar or whatever isn't going to impress me none as Shania Twain would sing. ;)

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 3/14/2008 11:22:48 AM >

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Post #: 1
RE: PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX - 3/14/2008 11:09:50 AM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Check this out guys. Paradox now practically forces you to by the Collectors edition if you want to be part of the PATCHING process.

quote:

This Collectors Edition of EU: Rome will not be sold in retail.

Besides the game of course, the Collectors Edition will include:

* A specially designed "EU:Rome bust", height 15 cm. See images in the webshop.
* A unique forum avatar (think gold!)
* Access to the "EU: Rome Collectors Edition forum" designed to give the hard core fans EU: Rome something extra. You will see a more intense developer presence, and will also be the first to receive any extra material ongoing. In addition you will also be in the fast lane to participate in regular beta testing of upcoming builds and content upgrades. This is also where polls of what to include in upcoming patches and products happen.

Now how bad is that, not only are you going to get a crappy buggy and flawed game to begin with out of the box, but, if you want to be part of the PATCH FEEDBACK process you have to SPEND MORE MONEY hahahah. Used to be you just had to buy the game, now you must buy the COLLECTORS edition which is probably in the $70 range or near it.
And who wall doesn't want a UNIQUIE FORUM AVATAR over there? hahahaha It amazes me the gimmicks some companies will use to prey on young innocent minds to spend another $20 bucks for a game. Now you put a Jersey in that box and I might think about spending that extra $$. A plastic bust of Caesar or whatever isn't going to impress me none as Shania Twain would sing. ;)

Ravinhood, are you growing Pejotle in your garden? Just asking...

Look I already had some discussion on Usenet about Paradox, then Stardock, copy protection etc... don't want to bring this here but just a one thing...

Some games of Paradox were very easy to crack, some didn't had ANY copy protection at all, not even CD KEY (so better than anything out there including Stardock har har). So they were encouraging people to use avatars. I bought that Galactic Assault game from gamersgate and one guy said to me that I should register the game and then you get some badge beside your name... that is nice it doesn't take too much time and people see that you bought the game....

in other case you have pirates coming all over and ASKING SUPPORT for the game that they DIDN'T PAID.

You are too easy to jump on conclusions and of course to ATTACK some company. This time with no reason I think. Piracy is not so small problem as you may think.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 2
RE: PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX - 3/14/2008 11:21:14 AM   
ravinhood

This has nothing to do with Piracy Monkey read the damn article. It's about PAYING to give FEEDBACK for the PATCH PROCESS you ninny. You obviously need to go back to bed, wake up after 8 hours sleep and reread it. lol This is part of a COLLECTORS edition package not the REGULAR one most people will buy. Pay $20 more bucks and you can be part of the patch process, that's the BS of the matter.

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Monkeys Brain)
Post #: 3
RE: PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX - 3/14/2008 11:27:55 AM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

This has nothing to do with Piracy Monkey read the damn article. It's about PAYING to give FEEDBACK for the PATCH PROCESS you ninny. You obviously need to go back to bed, wake up after 8 hours sleep and reread it. lol This is part of a COLLECTORS edition package not the REGULAR one most people will buy. Pay $20 more bucks and you can be part of the patch process, that's the BS of the matter.

And I don't see too much problems with that...

You see, they have seen that they have large enough fan base that they could do that and they did.

I also don't like when I see Billy Idol charging 500$ to sign you autograph and that you take a picture with him but you have fools who obviously pay that money to do that.

Then you have in USA people who pay extra seats in NBA league, or your football and you KNOW the prices!

So why would computer games be any different??? And now is grass good or they have tricked you?

(just joking)

Mario

< Message edited by Monkeys Brain -- 3/14/2008 11:29:47 AM >

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 4
RE: PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX - 3/14/2008 11:39:50 AM   
Terminus

RH, you're an idiot. Who the hell is insipid enough to write "lol" as a reaction to his own lack of a sense of humour? For the love of God, leave us alone and find another forum to infest!!!

< Message edited by Terminus -- 3/14/2008 12:42:46 PM >

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Monkeys Brain)
Post #: 5
RE: PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX - 3/14/2008 1:23:11 PM   
Zakhal

I allready picked the EU3 CE cheap and Im planning to d/l the napoleonic addon so I guess I could take this one as well.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 6
RE: PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX - 3/14/2008 3:27:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

This is not the place for this, considering the starting attitude of the thread, please discuss this over at Paradox's forums where they can respond.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> PAY to give PATCH FEEDBACK @ PARADOX Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI