Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Tiller Games at HPS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Tiller Games at HPS Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/13/2008 4:18:07 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm
I have to say that Erik Rutins does a great job here, handling both positive and negative feedback.
He is actually the role model of what I wrote, case in point I think you guys call it ;). Every game
company needs someone like him.

True - they couldn't *pay* me to act so cool and professional at every occasion where a short "RTFM, you bloody m*r*n" is the most obvious response

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 91
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/13/2008 4:53:29 PM   
BAL

quote:

Well I guess you guys have so many customers you don't need to sell or market.
Good luck.

But I would advice getting some kind of PR/Sales rep, this sort of behaviour isn't winning any awards.

Matrixgames/Paradox are great at that so you guys can learn something from them.

I don't who the "you guys" are that you are referring to but I am not associated with HPS, Matrix, Paradox, Battlefront or any other game developer/publisher. But, these companies seem to have getting along just fine without any advice from you.

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 92
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/13/2008 7:59:40 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

I'm waiting for Tigers on the Prowl 3....hopefully sometime this year or the next!

I still have my old notes for ToP - great game - horrid graphics-

Rick

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 93
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/14/2008 6:04:46 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

I'm waiting for Tigers on the Prowl 3....hopefully sometime this year or the next!

I still have my old notes for ToP - great game - horrid graphics-

Rick

I still play TOP2 from time to time...yes great game, horrible graphics hopefully TOP3 using POA2 will be better. Though I have to say POA2 interface isn't that friendly...I will get it the first day it comes out :) I was even thinking buying POA2 (while I wait for TOP3) and modifying the weapons database to see if I could have a quick WW2 scenario...not enough spare time!

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 94
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/14/2008 6:20:44 PM   
Grell

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

I have to say that Erik Rutins does a great job here, handling both positive and negative feedback.
He is actually the role model of what I wrote, case in point I think you guys call it ;). Every game
company needs someone like him.

True - they couldn't *pay* me to act so cool and professional at every occasion where a short "RTFM, you bloody m*r*n" is the most obvious response

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Ain't that the truth.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 95
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/15/2008 2:43:43 AM   
Brigz

I got my copy of Gallic Wars yesterday and I am pleased. But Ravinhood, you will be dissapointed. The entire Alesia battle is not included. Only the historical assault portion is portrayed. Maybe about one fourth of the Roman siege works is depicted. But it still looks good and still simulates the actual battle.

Also got Campaign Antietam. Not only does it have Antietam but also includes South Mountain, Cedar Mountain, 1st Bull Run and 2nd Bull Run, plus other small engagements. About 200 scenarios total. They have also included among the scenarios "AI Challenges" of the various battles where the scenario is programed to be played specifically from one side against the AI.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 96
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/15/2008 4:51:13 AM   
ravinhood

Thanks Dave, I was kind of afraid of that Alesia battle not being like the board game. <cry> lol I may still get it later on if NWS puts it on sale. It's still an Ancients game and those are few and far between as it is.

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 97
RE: New Tiller Games at HPS - 3/15/2008 6:10:27 AM   
cdbeck

Well, you know what they say about moderators (no matter where they are), they are only polite as the people they are dealing with...

I've had nothing but good experiences with moderators from ALL of the above mentioned websites. I have been personally helped (when I encountered some problems with either shipping or program anamolies) by people from Paradox, Matrix, Wargamer, etc. (even the some of the highest up at these places, not just lowly peons). I find you often get the treatment you merit.

Thanks for the info Dave, care to comment on how Caesar plays? Maybe give a very short AAR or some sort of run-down about the pros and cons of the graphics, controls, accuracy of content, fun-factor. I am thinking about cashing in on the Lost Empires: Immortals "sale" for original LE owners, but Caesar might just be more fun.

SoM

P.S. RH, it is "et al" not "et all" the "al" does not stand for "all, everyone" (which would be et omnia) but instead "alii" which means "the others".

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 98
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Tiller Games at HPS Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI