Rising Sun or Sunset? - Jumper vs Joseph - NO JOE HERE, PLEASE!!!

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

jumper

Rising Sun or Sunset? - Jumper vs Joseph - NO JOE HERE, PLEASE!!!

Post by jumper »

Hi all,
I have noticed Panzejaeger Hortlund started an AAR and so I have decided I might star my own AAR too.

This AAR is closed for Panzerjaeger Hortlund

This game started about 1,5 year ago against Blackdog and now it reached mid 43´. Unfortunately about week ago my former oponent decided, that this game brought him so much horror and despair, that he lost the will to continue. He said something like "Everytime I see the turn from you in my mailbox, I have to take some pills.. [:)]" [:D]
I have accepted his decision with heavy heart and considered it as game over. I tried to post challenge in "oponents wanted" thread but didn´t expect much from it as the allied situation doesn´t look nice. To my surprise I got responce from Panzerjaeger Hortlund, who, after checking the situation, agreed to continue in this game despite the bad strategic situation. Kudos to him. He will try to change the tides of war and I´m really curious if and how he will succeed.
In a next posts I will post the summary of this game from its beginning and also current situation. I will try to make and post some pics too. I like them in others AAR and would like to entertain you in similar way..

Edit:
It seems I forgot to mention: I´m the ruler of mighy Japanese Empire [;)]
Capt. Harlock

RE: Rising Sun or Sunset? - Jumper vs Panzerjaeger Hortlund

Post by Capt. Harlock »

One helpful bit of information might be to say who is playing which side . . . [;)]
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
jumper

Post by jumper »

So, here is the summary:[/align]The opening move was pretty standard and within the limits of "historical start" (PI, Kota Bharu and Wake). There were none warp move landings deep inside enemy territory. I have planned my moves and goals long ahead and even before the war begun I new what units will be used in Australia and India, what and how many ships and from where, how many planes etc.. I really like planning so my plans were detailed.. The conquest of Malaya, PI and SRA went smoothly and quickly mainly because of lack of any defensive effort. My oponent made a mistake and simply didn´t send there any additional man, plane or ship except those that were there already at the beginning. Manila (last stronghold) fell by the end of February 42 together with Singapore. At this date I had already everything in SRA except Surabaja. My advance was metodical and at every moment I have used overwhelming forces covered by swarms of planes what probably forced my oponent to believe that "resistence is senceless". [/align]By the beginning of march 42 I have launched an offensive against northern coast of Australia. KB cleared the sky and forced allied air force to retreat, while 1 brigade took Wyndham. With the secured landing zone several divisions and many other units were unloaded and in a few weeks finished the conquest of Northern Australia and therefore secured the south flank of my empire. Since that time nearly nothing happened there. I tried to capture Perth and advanced towards Charters Towers, but was repulsed, he tried to advance towards Darwin and got repulsed too. As soon as Wyndham was secured and LBA could be placed there, KB sailed towards Singapore. India campaign was just about to begin.[/align]There were already waiting transports with units assigned for my India adventure. The whole Imperial navy sortied towards Diamond Harbour with 4 divisions and 2 brigades aboard. Originaly there were supposed to be 8 divisions, but the conquest of Burma caused me more troubles than I have expected and instead of using 15th Army and its 2 divisons during the invasion, I had to reinforce them with another 2 divisions. Burma was the first place, where my oponent put a really good fight. Fortunately it was on the wrong place.. [/align]By the end of march 42 my fleet was spotted 2 days from Diamond Harbour. I was surprised to find Diamond Harbour defended by only 1 brigade so it wasn´t problem to take it. So far the invasion went smoothly with heavy losses for RAF as my oponent was throwing a everything against KB. And finaly, when I was safely on the ground, transports were empty and RAF exhausted, the Royal Navy appeared. Really bad timing. I couldn´t believe it and have expected "boring" massacre of defenceless British ships. Surprisingly huge battles raged for 4-5 days and it was maybe the most interesting part of the game. Because of the bad weather i couldn´t use KB and when the weather was cleared all my planes were launched to sink british CVs. And so I have to take care of british BBs and CAs with my own heavy units. We were experiencing naval combats in the fashion of WWI (it comes to my mind that we were using even the same ships: Fuso, Ise against Revenge and Ramilles etc..). It was really fun. But at he end the whole Royal Navy was sunk while I hadn´t lost a single ship. A few of them were damaged but that´s it.. Land campaign continued smoothly as my oponent decided (after the fall of Calcutta) to retreat everything to Karachi and Malir and defend only these two bases. It worked and despite my forces were reinforced by 4 divisions and other units to the total of 8 divisions, 2 brigades and some tank rgts, I was unable to conquer Malir. So i have to fall back to Ahmadabad keeping Malir and Karachi AF closed from air and by naval bombardments. In the Karachi harbour I have sunk more than 100 ships. This ended a few months ago, when RAF was able to regain the control of the air space and Japan is now on the strict defensive. Allies tried two times to break through the Ahmadabad with many many units including some chinese div and corps, but I have there 8 divs and it was enough to hold them so they have retreated back to Malir.[/align] [/align]In pacific I have taken all I have planned during the first few months of the the war and since that time I´m fortifying my defensive perimeter. Nearly the whole 42´nothing happened there. I have what I wanted and my oponent didn´t feel himself strong enough to attack me anywhere (that was his biggest mistake IMO). Till the end of 42´ I have seen his CV exactly 3 times:[/align]1. in the first week near Tarawa when he sunk a few ships while he was passing towards Auckland[/align]2. in the June 42 when he raided Wake, send SBD to attack empty AF, lost about 20 of them to AA and fled towards PH.[/align]3. in the Novemeber 42 near Baker, when he tried to catch me and got cought himself (An excellent plan on his side with perfect execution annihalated by pure luck on my side.. I really felt sorry for him in those days) he lost 6 CVs in the battle with KB while I lost none. None of my ships was damaged either.. For several months the only allied ship able to carry planes was CVE Long Island..! No invasions were possible under these circumstances and pacific is calm place with no activity at all. He is only using his 4E to attack some of my bases every now and than, but that´s it..[/align] [/align]China - I have conquered China using only China command units. It was long and not very exciting campaign. Chunking was seiged about 6 months. It fell by the beginning of 43.[/align] [/align]USSR - this is something special in the game. I had no intention to attack it. I don´t think it is defendable if japanese player uses adequate forces (and using inadequate forces is agains my nature) so I felt and still feel it is not "fair". But it was clear that after the lost CV battle, India army blocked in Karachi and with northern Australia in my hands, the game would be very boring for both of us. So we have agreed that I will start the war with USSR to cover those boring months until the allies will be strong enough to threaten me again. It was an interesting intermezzo. I have never fought against russians and their AF and so I have enjoyed this new experience. Kwantung Army and China Army attacked Russia by the end of april or march 43 and after a bloody land and air battles conquered nearly everything except Ulan Ude and Irkutsk. My oponent showed that he has learned something and didn´t allow me to encircle him in southern Russia, but fought his way towards Irkutsk as the only base generating supplies to make a last stand there.[/align] [/align] [/align]
jumper

Post by jumper »

Strategic map (9th June 43):

jumper

Post by jumper »

I will go through my forces in detail theater by theater (when I get home..[;)]), but it will take some time so for now just a short summary:

Navy:
My losses were more than acceptable so far. I have lost only 3 CL and a handful of DDs (mostly old units) and full might of IJN is ready to defend the emperor.
KB is in excellent shape: 11 CVs (including Taiho and 2 Unryus), 4 CVL and 5 (6) CVE just finished all upgrades and refit in Japan and are 100% combat ready with average pilot xp of about 85.
I have 3 BBs with contingent of CA/CL/DD in Rabaul, 1 BB with contingent of CA/CL/DD at Kwajalein, 1 BB with contingent of CA/CL/DD at Bombay. All other heavy units are with KB in Japan and are waiting for orders.

Army:
Well, I could definitively use more troops and base forces as only my 1st line is well garrisoned. I have large contingent in India (15th and 20th Army with 8-10 divs), Burma (23rd Army with 4 divs - taking some rest and rally in Rangoon), Australia (14th and 16th Army with about 8 divs), 25th Army with 1-2 divs on Java, 1 division in PM, Gili-Gili and Gilberts. Kuriles "chain" is defended with 4 Ind. brigades. All other border bases are well garrisoned by combination of SNLFs/Nav Guards/Base forces. And last, but not least, I have HUGE army in USSR near Ulan Ude. Joined Kwantung and China HQ units are advancing towards the last Russian Fortress - Irkutsk. I might have 20-30 divs there with total AV of about 15k. Enemy can have about 5-6k AV. Lvl 9 forts, but flat terrain. The base autogenerates 2500 suplies/day so they will never run out. I´m really not sure if I can take it.. Russin artillery is absolutely deadly. During the battle for Chita, they caused me 3-5k losses PER DAY. 6 HQ units were totaly disabled (till the last squad) in less then 1 week. I had 15 divisions on the same hex, but only 2 of them were affected by enemy artillery and I don´t understand why. In a few days both were decimated and had to be pulled out of the fight with status 10/90 (both were 100/100 before entering Chita)!!!
My rear is totaly empty with just a few base forces. I have no real combat unit at Iwo Jima, Saipan/Tinian, Palaus, PI or SRA and that is something I have to change asap. Soon a lot of reinforcement units will be formed and will go directly to these areas.

Air Force:
Despite the bloody battles in USSR, my air force is in excellent shape. Most of my units have excess pilots and so can absorb expected heavy losses for a while. Well, at least I hope.. They are distributed all around the Empire to cover as much as possible. Very soon I will be able to release more daitas/sentais from USSR and then I will start big reorganisation.
jumper

Post by jumper »

Japanese airforce in India:

3rd Air division (HQ in Ahmadabad):
216x Ki-61 Tony (6 sentai)
144x Ki-44 Tojo (4 sentai)

22nd Air flotila (HQ in Bombay)
90x J2M Jack (3 daitai + 1 chutai)
27x A6M3 Zero (1 daitai)

Average xp of these fighter units is 80-85.

Besides this, there are 6 army bomber sentais (Ki-21/Ki-49) and 2 navy daitais (G3M/G4M) stationed in Culcutta and Colombo. They will be thrown into the fray in case of enemy ground offensive.

jumper

Post by jumper »

Ground warfare in India:

As you may see on the picture, I have significant forces in this theater, divided into the three main groups:
15th Army (3) is in Ahmadabad behind Lvl 9 forts responsible for its defence.
20th Army (2) is outside the base and its task will depend on the style of allied offensive. This army will either guard and clear the retreat and supply path from Ahmadabad or will reinforce 15th Army.
Panzer Group India "PGI" (1) is also outside the base and its tasks is clear. Flanking maneuver around the Ahmadabad to cut anemy supply lines OR attack into the flank of allied troops trying to cut my own supply path.

Enemy has several possibilities:

1: Direct assault on Ahmadabad with all availible forces
2: Bypass and surround Ahmadabad from the north
3: Bypass and surround Ahmadabad from the south
4: Use the "back doors" in Lahore

Neither of this can be succesfull on its own and the most dangerous is combination of all these 4 possibilities. I don´t think allies are strong enough to be able to execute all 4, otherwise I would have abandoned India long time ago.
Also i think I can scratch nr.4 because of lack of any supply path which would allow operations of some bigger army. What remains as the most probable variant is an advance towards Ahmadabad with army large enough to pin down my 15th Army while 2 other groups will try to surround the base from north and south. This would leave only two possibilities: Run away or face my private Stalingrad.
Terrain W and SW of Ahmadabad is swamp and so is good for defence. With a few units I could stop there much stronger enemy units. I don´t expect PH to put main effort into this area and so I expect this flanking maneuver (3) will be just fake and the main thrust will come from the north (2). In such case, the 20th army will stop advancing enemy, while PGI will advance to the west to cut these forces.. This should cause him some headache if it works..
That is my battle plan. The first thing dying in the battle.. ;-)

If I have misscalculated and the main flanking maneuver will come from the south, I´m in trouble, but still can retreat all forces towards Asansol and Calcutta. This is my next planned defensive line as nothing between Ahmadabad and Asansol is defendable IMO.

Any comments, ideas and suggestions will be mostly welcomed and appreciate! [&o]
jumper

Post by jumper »

OK, step aside from summaries. The dogs of war are released again:

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/08/43

PH is trying to get some ships from Karachi. He is probably afraid of naval bombardments and doesn´t consider Karachi harbor as a safe place. It is good for me. If there are no ships, I don´t have to be afraid of same risky landing in my rear. My sub tried to interfere, but wasn´t succesful and paid the highest price. First blood..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 10,2

Japanese Ships
SS I-165, hits 10,  on fire,  heavy damage

Allied Ships
AK Empire Fortune
AK Empire MacCallum
AK Empire Severn
AK Empire Seaman
DD Rocket
DD Redoubt
DD Racehorse
DD Jupiter
DD Decoy
DD Tenedos
DD Stronghold

In USSR contingent of USAAF attacked our base Ulan Bator:

Day Air attack on Ulan Bator , at 54,11

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 9

Allied aircraft
P-38G Lightning x 47
B-24D Liberator x 89

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 3 destroyed, 3 damaged
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-38G Lightning: 1 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
7 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 23

jumper

Post by jumper »

Well, this turn goes to me:

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/09/43

After long time of allied inactivity, RAF and USAAF tried to attack our airfield in Lahore. 2 sentais of Ki-61 (50% CAP) fought well and shot down good number of enemies:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Lahore , at 28,6

Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 25

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 29
Liberator VI x 48
B-24D Liberator x 33

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 1 destroyed, 8 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 10 destroyed, 9 damaged
Liberator VI: 4 destroyed, 10 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 3 destroyed, 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
11 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 6

Last day my recon planes spotted a TF of enemy DDs aproaching Ndini (south of Lunga) and I hoped my Bettys will do their job today. They did:
Day Air attack on TF, near Ndini at 72,101

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 27
G3M Nell x 9
G4M1 Betty x 93

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 7 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Worden, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage - sunk
DD Fanning, Torpedo hits 5, on fire, heavy damage - sunk
DD Smith, Torpedo hits 7, on fire, heavy damage - sunk
DD Hull, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Farragut, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage - sunk

And last but not least, Ulan-Ude in USSR was captured. The base was abandoned and only 9 damaged bombers were found on the runway:

Ground combat at Ulan-Ude

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 37745 troops, 536 guns, 156 vehicles, Assault Value = 5102

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 7

Japanese max assault: 618 - adjusted assault: 682

Allied max defense: 0 - adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 682 to 1 (fort level 7)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Ulan-Ude base !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
SB-2: 5 destroyed

Only Irkutsk now remains..
jumper

Post by jumper »

Btw Panzerjaeger asked for at least 2 months of "safe sailing" in pacific as he has to redistribute his forces. He will get them. Only subs will interdict his shipping lines. My surface ships and CVs will attack only his forward bases during this period.
jumper

Post by jumper »

Situation in Northern Australia:

Not much to say about that. Looong time nothing happened here. Both railways are well covered with equivalent forces (14th and 16th Army). I keep NLFs as forward guards to warn me in advance in case PH will decide to try his luck in this theater. I´m not sure he will try. With no air support it is pretty hard for allies to regain northern australia. On the other side this is the only place on the map, where he can use US Army.. We shall see.. I´m ready!
At this moment there is nearly no air force (except 2 bomber sentais flying ASW), but I can move there hundreds of Ki-21/Ki-49 in a few days. And the best thing is, that I don´t need fighters there at all.. Bombers will keep advancing allied units disrupted what should affect their combat effectivness significantly and help my armies to repulse the attack.
jumper

Post by jumper »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/10/43

Huge bomber raid against Ulan-Ude. I forgot to take any AV support with my main forces, so I can not base there any planes yet. About 1 week, till 2nd AV rgt will arrive from Chita.. [:@]

Losses are really heavy. I can´t remember if I have ever seen such losses from single raid. I have 12000 support squads there, but still.. [X(]

Except that nothing happened. PH is reconing every single base in range to get better intel. Today Delphi was reconed and only 21 Ki-61 was spotted flying CAP. I have only 1 sentai (xp 85) there, so maybe we can expect another bomber raid with 4E from Karachi..
jumper

Post by jumper »

Situation in USSR:

In USSR only Irkutsk remains in allied hands. About 70% of Russian army managed to get there and this force is boosted with unknown number of chinese units. I expect AV 5-6000 behind Lvl 9 forts with neverending stream of supplies. A tough nut to crack..
PH has also very strong airforce there. Russian fighters are short-legged, but for local CAP are good. He has about 200-300 of them on CAP. There is also 100-150 P-38G to escort hundreds of B-24D, SB2, Pe-2, Il-2..

My own forces are formidable too:
27 divisions, 16 artillery rgt (including super heavy art. brigade with 240mm howitzers) and 4 tank rgts in 8 armies. And the most important part: 11 engineer rgts. Total AV is about 11500. With enough time and air superiority I think I could take it. And that is the problem. I have only one airfield, from where I can send Jacks, Tojos and Tonys to Irkutsk. The only planes that can win the neccessary air superiority. Ulan-Ude is Lvl3 now with 54% finished to Lvl4. The base itself is in constant danger of being nuked by hundreds of russian bombers and american 4Es, so I will have to keep at least 100 figters on CAP all the time. And I need another 200 fighters to sweep the Irkutsk skies and escort bombers to nuke HIS airfield. Not possible to operate so many planes from Lvl3 AF. (btw another problem is, that I left the AV support behind and it will take about 4-5 days until it arrives in Ulan-Ude). I´m allowed to have only 150 planes there (lv3). This is satisfying number only for defence so all of them will be fighters. I won´t be able to launch any offensive mission until the airfield will reach Lvl 6 at least (it can be build till lvl8). Hopefully PH will meanwhile bleed his airforce against my 150 fighters..

The army will enter Irkutsk to see what I´m really facing, but I will wait with first attack until my samurais win the control of the skies and bombers will make sure that destroyed forts will not be build again.. I expect really heavy losses from Russian artillery. Let´s see if 240mm howitzers can provide some good counter battery fire..
Now everything depend on my Imperial Eagles..

I have prepared 144 Ki-44-II Tojo (3 sentais + 3 chutais), 36 Ki-61 Tony (1 sentai) and 81 J2M Jack (3 daitai). There is also 36 Ki-43-II and 27 A6M3, but their combat value is not satisfying and they will be used only to escort bombers from secondary airfield in Ulan Bator.
jumper

Post by jumper »

Situation in Solomons and NG:

Forward bases in Solomons and NG are well secured IMO. The problem is, that all other bases are held only by base forces rarely reinforced by NavGuard or SNLF unit. Lae is my main air base in NG. It used to be Port Moresby, but before PH take the control of the game I have to abandon it because it is in range of few hundreds 4E based in Australia. At the costs of about 200 planes they closed the airfield for more than one month. It is repaired already but I don´t know if I should go back. Lae is in range too, but only from one base and that is something we can opose much easier. And LRCAP Port Moresby from time to time..
Kiriwina, Goodenough and Woodlark Is. are defended by 1 NLF and 1 const battalion each. Lunga is well fortified itself and can be supported from many nearby back up airfields (Munda, Torokina are Lvl 4, Shortlands and Green Is Lvl3 (soon lvl4)). All these bases are fortified and mined. They lack only real combat units. I have released 2 divisions from China and both will be transported to this area. I will keep them together in Rabaul as strategic reserve, because (except 4 NavGuards in Truk) I have none.
I´m also planning to send more planes here once they will finish their training in China. Current numbers are satisfying, but it is the same situation as with ground forces - I have nearly no reserves!

Navy is represented by 8th fleet with HQ in Rabaul, but all ships are somewhere else:
- CA Mogami and Mikuma, CL Yubari+6DD are in Lunga. There is also another TF of 5 old DDs (Tomozuru and Wakatabe class) and all 6 PTs I have.
- Battle line with BBs Mutsu, Yamashiro and Hyuga, CA Myoko, Ashigara and CL Nagara+4DD is anchored in Munda
- CA Tone is in Truk

I´m planning to attach more DDs to 8th fleet, especialy modern units of Kagero, Asashio, Yamagumo and Akitsuki class. There is none of them now..

BTW 1 A6M2 daitai from Lunga has been moved to Torokina. G4M groups were long time under their max TOE, but once they will be filled again to their max, I would have too many planes there. Lunga is Lvl 5, so only 250 planes is allowed.
Zond

Post by Zond »

This game is total lunacy! [:D]

Great style and just love the graphics! [&o]

Keep up the good work [:)]
jumper

Post by jumper »

Hi Zond,
I´m glad you like it. It is good to know someones is reading.. [;)]. I will do my best to keep this AAR "alive" and interesting [:)]. 

jumper

Post by jumper »

Another "calm" day. PH is shifting his forces all around the map, so we can not expect much action in few following weeks. Except the usual training raids, only USSR is active. Today our tank rgts, supported by 104th division, advancing towards Irkutsk, were bombed by hordes of USSR/USA bombers. Poor 104th division was hit hard..

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/11/43

Day Air attack on 104th Division, at 60,9

Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 63
SB-2 x 128
Pe-2 x 60

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
519 casualties reported
Guns lost 13

I can´t oppose such raids, as Ulan-ude is still inactive. Good news is that it reached Lvl4 and is 15% towards Lvl5 (60% in one day!!!). And AV support is only 4 days away. 2 navy daitais (F1 and F2 Yamada) armed with A6M3 finished their training in China (xp 75 and 84), were moved to Vladivostock and rearmed to J2M Jack. I will need A LOT of fighters soon and these units are mostly welcomed boost..

jumper

Post by jumper »

Only 3 training runs today. PH is reconing Thursday Is which is empty. I think it might be the weak spot, so I will fly Maizuru SNLF to Thursday Is and Merauke. BF or construction teams will follow as soon as I will have some availible.. Some USSR units are on the march from Irkutsk and also some subs were spotted in Solomons

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/12/43

There is only one unit south of Irkutsk so I supposes PH just wants to know what forces I have. But I´m not advancing towards Irkutsk with full force yet so tommorrows shock attack will not tell him anything.. Ki-21 will fly from Chita to support my ground forces. Only 1 sentai, because he could LRCAP his unit and I don´t want to suffer much losses in such case..
jumper

Post by jumper »

Good day. Russian tank battalion was pushed away with 3 of our tank rgts behind the tail.. The second unit (off the road) will be blocked by Arrshan garrison unit. I don´t know what is PH planning with this unit, bu I suppose it would cut my supply path once the great armada enter Irkutsk. And with my units in Irkutsk and no way to retreat, it would take forever to open the road again.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/13/43

Day Air attack on 69th Tank Brigade, at 60,8

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 24

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 10000 feet
Ground combat at 60,8

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 30195 troops, 248 guns, 437 vehicles, Assault Value = 739

Defending force 3059 troops, 9 guns, 134 vehicles, Assault Value = 81

Japanese max assault: 1014 - adjusted assault: 313

Allied max defense: 84 - adjusted defense: 11

Japanese assault odds: 28 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
502 casualties reported
Guns lost 11
Vehicles lost 4

Allied ground losses:
572 casualties reported
Guns lost 5
Vehicles lost 19

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ulan Ude is now Lvl5 AF and 13% towards Lvl6. 2nd AV rgt is 2 days away. And already 9000AV is mustered in Ulan-Ude..

In Solomons US sub S-33 was hit two times by Ki-49 near Munda. I think this sub is going to be in trouble.. Now only S-32 near Lunga remains..
jumper

Post by jumper »

More subs are spotted every day. Huge pack of about 10 subs in one tf is passing between Jaluit and Makin to the west, followed by one or two more subs. Ki-21 sentai was moved to Majuro. Maybe we can achieve hit or two..

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/14/43
Sub attack near Lunga  at 67,97

Japanese Ships
DD Suzukaze
DD Mutsuki
DD Umikaze
DD Yudachi
DD Shigure
DD Shiratsuyu

Allied Ships
SS S-32, hits 6

S-32 was spottes and attacked several times already, but is still sitting in the same hex.. And now even managed to fire a salvo at DD Suzukaze. Fortunately torps failed to detonate.. S-33 was reported sunk today, so one Ki-49 sentai was moved to Lunga to fly naval search from there. And sink this b*ggar too..

ASW attack at 10,2

Japanese Ships
SS I-159, hits 2

Allied Ships
DD Rocket
DD Redoubt
DD Racehorse
DD Tenedos

ASW attack at 10,2

Japanese Ships
SS I-159, hits 6

Allied Ships
DD Rocket
DD Redoubt

Near Karachi..

Ground combat at 59,7

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 6861 troops, 5 guns, 434 vehicles, Assault Value = 710

Defending force 4751 troops, 10 guns, 216 vehicles, Assault Value = 112

Japanese max assault: 223 - adjusted assault: 99

Allied max defense: 106 - adjusted defense: 10

Japanese assault odds: 9 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
58 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 3

Allied ground losses:
332 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Vehicles lost 25

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

And Russian tank bde was pushed back to Irkutsk. We have tanks at its doorstep, but we will wait for the main army..
Ulan-Ude is active as 2nd AV regiment arrive sooner then we expected. 144 Ki-44 and 81 J2M has been immedietly moved there to fly local CAP. More will follow. Last Ki-27 Nate sentai was formed in Tokyo, rearmed to Ki-43-II Oscar and send to Choybalsan. Poor planes with 50xp pilots will be used as a cannon fodder..

Return to “After Action Reports”