Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Matrix release Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix release - 2/25/2008 2:23:11 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Bought the game when Matrix released it. The doesn't seem very real or historical with some of its out comes.

Such as one complete TG(16.1) (11 or 12 ships ) all sunk! Kind of out there, don't you guys think.

Oh well, not putting the game down, just my thoughts on the combat results.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix release - 2/25/2008 4:43:16 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Bought the game when Matrix released it. The doesn't seem very real or historical with some of its out comes.

Such as one complete TG(16.1) (11 or 12 ships ) all sunk! Kind of out there, don't you guys think.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Carriers at War models the possible rather than the actual, otherwise every scenario would just be a replay of historical events.

Given the lethality of aircraft vs ship combat, then sinking all the ships in a TG was a possibility, even if it didn't actually happen in the limited number of historical engagements.

You will find that most of the time, some ships in a TG will get away, it just can't be guaranteed.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix release - 2/26/2008 12:31:43 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Ok, that I can understand. I don't need the same histoical losses. Just want them in the ball park. But your answer makes sence. Thanks for your response.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

I'm not sure what the problem is. Carriers at War models the possible rather than the actual, otherwise every scenario would just be a replay of historical events.

Given the lethality of aircraft vs ship combat, then sinking all the ships in a TG was a possibility, even if it didn't actually happen in the limited number of historical engagements.

You will find that most of the time, some ships in a TG will get away, it just can't be guaranteed.

Gregor

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Matrix release Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI