I have been monitoring this game for awhile and really thinking about purchasing since I'm interested in something smaller, more squad base. Few questions first:
1) Probably a dumb question, but are the only two sides available Russian and German? I'm interested in other countries too like United States.
2) I know the graphics are a bit dated, but is it still pretty easy to see the battlefield, see your troops, and generally know what is going on?
3) When you start a pre-built scenario, do you have to select your own troops? Or does the scenario already identify what troops you must use?
4) Although it seems like Vista works with this game, if it doesn't, is the game returnable for that reason? I normally wouldn't ask, but without a demo hard to confirm it.
5) I saw a modern version of this game came up. Any opinions which is better? I personally prefer WWII, but didn't know if the newer one had a lot of advantages like graphics, AI, gameplay, etc.
Thanks for your thoughts.
I think this is a great game.
To answer your questions:
1\ Yes two sides only but I did see a mod that had the USA versus the Germans.
2\ The graphics are fine, it's very easy to see your troops.
3\ You select your own troops.
4\ I don't have Vista so I can't answer that one.
5\I haven't played the modern version of this game.
Hope that helps.