Loading Units ?

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Capt Badger

Loading Units ?

Post by Capt Badger »

Asking for help, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

I recently downloaded SP:WaW and everything seems fine, except I can't load units onto transports (such as infantry onto trucks or infantry onto tanks etc).

I'm doing what it says in the manual, left click on the unit to be loaded, then left click the 'load' tab on the menu, then left click on the transport unit... but it just tells me that the transport unit is "too far away" despite the fact it is in the hex right next to the unit to be loaded.

PLEASE HELP ??? Is it my mistake or do I need a patch ???
Capt Badger
dutchiexx

RE: Loading Units ?

Post by dutchiexx »

They should be in the same hex. Shift + select a unit and put it in the same hex as the unit it should be loaded onto.
chief

Post by chief »

Capt Badger

Dutchiexx is correct, with one exception:  You can load a barge/boat from adjacent hex IF you have a pier or even a damaged bridge.
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
gekkoguy35

Post by gekkoguy35 »

can artillery pieces be towed by trucks or half-tracks? or mortar teams be placed in half-tracks...if that even happened in ww2, i don't know (the mortars)..i think it did, but i could be wrong.
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: gekkoguy82

can artillery pieces be towed by trucks or half-tracks? or mortar teams be placed in half-tracks...if that even happened in ww2, i don't know (the mortars)..i think it did, but i could be wrong.
yes Artillery peices are considered "towed" while mortars are loaded....check the "carry Capacity" of the truck or halftrack, then the weight or carry cost of the unit you want to load or tow..
for instance a German halftrack has carry capacity of 112 I believe, which means it can carry an artillery piece weighing up to 112, or 12 men (the second number listed) the 81mm mortars have a crew of 4 men, so a 251/1 halftrack should be able to carry 3 mortars or mortar "squads." A 75mm AT gun weighs 106, so it could "tow" this unit, but not carry the mortars at the same time.
Towing and Loading are performed the same way 'in the game'
hope this makes some sense.
[:)]

gekkoguy35

Post by gekkoguy35 »

yes it does, thanks very much [8D]  awesome game, just got it last night
Alby

Post by Alby »

Once you get the hang of it, please give the "Enhanced" version a try

gekkoguy35

Post by gekkoguy35 »

ORIGINAL: Alby

Once you get the hang of it, please give the "Enhanced" version a try

once i get the knack for things i'll definetly have to give that a try...even though i'm not a hardcore grognard type, somethin about this game hooked me, i just gotta stick with it! thanks again alby! (sorry for being off topic)

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”