Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empires in Arms Gets An Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empires in Arms Gets An Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/1/2008 10:12:31 AM   
Alex Fiedler

Plenty of improvements, an updated in-game manual, and lots more come with this massive first update!

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group (www.a-d-g.com.au) are thrilled to announce the release of the first update for Empires in Arms. This new update brings loads of changes, improvements, and fixes, ultimately leading to a substantially improved game! Specifically, the update improves the AI’s DoW (declaration of war) strategy, adds several enhancements to the user interface like a news event banner at the beginning of the reinforce phase, and several updates and clarifications to the in-game manual.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “With this significant first official update, we’ve focused on fixing reported problems and addressing as many initial release issues as possible. The updated Empires in Arms runs smoother than ever and as we near the end of the issues list, development will continue on several requested improvements. Anyone with an interest in Napoleonics or who enjoyed playing the original table top system should definitely give this game a try.”

Marshall Ellis, Lead Developer of Empires in Arms, added "The testing and development team has worked hard to make this patch a great improvement over the initial game. As long as fans of Empires in Arms continue to offer their feedback to us on improving the game, we’re more than willing to continue doing just that."

Take command of one of the many factions in early 19th century Europe! Empires in Arms is a grand strategy turn-based race to prove which nation is the greatest in Europe. In a bid for mastery over the continent, players can succeed where Napoleon failed or try to stop the military genius quicker than his historical enemies could! Diplomacy and economics will be the sharp bayonet and ferocious cannon that complement your direct military might as any of the major powers in 19th century Europe! As you conquer your weaker foes, use the money and resources from fallen nations to recruit new units and replenish your ranks. France, Great Britain, Prussia, Turkey, Russia, Spain and Austria all stand ready with their full resources, generals, armies and fleets for you to take command. Join the intricate and deadly contest of power that changed a continent.

The slightest mistake could be the difference between the crown of Europe or exile to St. Helena. Step into history and find your destiny in Empires in Arms!

Get more information on Empires in Arms from its official Matrix Games webpage. This update is comprehensive and will bring the version of the game up to 1.01.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=285

Post #: 1
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/1/2008 11:14:43 AM   
bresh

Great !
Quick question :)

Is it same as patch 1.01b2 or should one update ?

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/1/2008 3:16:56 PM   
StCyr

wow, the braindead AI´s DoW strategy is improved, I am thrilled too...

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 3
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/2/2008 7:59:28 PM   
benpark

Alex-

Is there a change log/fix list for the new patch? I checked my install and couldn't find one. Thanks.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to StCyr)
Post #: 4
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/2/2008 9:08:58 PM   
yammahoper@yahoo.com

After a few hours of play, I can say the improvements are significant. Good job guys.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 5
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/3/2008 4:24:16 PM   
La Provence

In a PBEM game, how to proceed to install the patch ?

Does the player have to install at the same time the patch ?
When ? End / Beginning of the turn ?

We are closer to the end of the March phase.

(in reply to yammahoper@yahoo.com)
Post #: 6
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/4/2008 2:26:18 AM   
Grapeshot Bob

Is this the same as the 1.01 patch we have been testing or is this the 1.02 patch?

Sorry for being dense.

GSB

(in reply to La Provence)
Post #: 7
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 2/15/2008 2:47:37 AM   
BruceSinger

I installed the offical update over the 1.01b beta update. It still showed 1.01b. I uninstalled EIA, deleted the folder, reinstalled EIA, then the offical 1.01 patch. The version still showed 1.01b. It appears to be the same as the 1.01b beta.

Any timeframe on when 1.02 will be ready. 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc?

(in reply to Grapeshot Bob)
Post #: 8
RE: Empires in Arms Gets An Update! - 3/31/2008 7:03:42 PM   
Agrippa

Happy to see the improvements!  Am downloading soon.

Salute,

Agrippa

(in reply to BruceSinger)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empires in Arms Gets An Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI