TUTORIAL FAQ

Post Strategy Guides and share gameplay tips here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Murat

TUTORIAL FAQ

Post by Murat »

Ask the questions, I will try to answer or maybe someone else will beat me to it.
Dragonheart

RE: TUTORIAL FAQ

Post by Dragonheart »

So i will take advantage of your tread. [:D]

On the way to the russians capitals one can place a depot in every province capital, their distance allow to place an depot every two provinces. But how to get supply to their capitals when the next province capital is 3 provinces away. I´m playing Turkey and sitting in Vilna (i guess thats name of the city) and i m in the lack of an idea how to reach St.Petersburg or Moskow without greater forage losses. Shall i spread out my army on forage and combine them later when fighting? This would solve one problem but when laying sieges on their capital this would cause me again headache as all my units would be out of supply. Any tips?
Murat

Post by Murat »

You do not need to place depots on cities, they can be placed in the field. So the woods between Vitbsk and Minsk would be a valid spot. Just remember you need to start with a corp on an area before you can place a depot.
Dragonheart

Post by Dragonheart »

First i thought that only capital cities would provide supply as i did not manage to get control over these provinces but now i found out that only regular troops can give you control over a province......these sucky feudals did not give me control therefore i could not place any depots there.
Murat

Post by Murat »

That is a bug. Feudals should be allowed to place depots. Russian (or for that matter any major) home provinces only change ownership as a result of peace so that would possibly explain your conquest problem. Only your cities are supply sources. Each depot linked to a city that you own that has a depot extends your supply chain. So you can start in Riga with sea supply linked to a Constantinople with a deopt and a 1 factor light fleet (you said you were Vilna) put a depot in the clear '3' area SE of Pskov and then Novgorod and Tver and you have a supply line to both capitals (you only need to take 1 though), for example. If the game is not allowing to place a depot in an area where you have a feudal corp BEFORE you move that corps then send your saved game to Monadman and tell him you have a bug with placing depots.
Dragonheart

Post by Dragonheart »

There is another isssue which could be a possible bug.
During a battle i have the possiblity to commit the guard with certain countries in order to increase the moral by 1. I dont have it in my mind if the guard commitment should increase the caused moralloss or if its used to raise the moral of your army....but nevertheless when comitting the guard the morallvl of my army is set to 0,00 and after 1 day of fighting the combat is over.
zaquex

Post by zaquex »

ORIGINAL: Dragonheart

There is another isssue which could be a possible bug.
During a battle i have the possiblity to commit the guard with certain countries in order to increase the moral by 1. I dont have it in my mind if the guard commitment should increase the caused moralloss or if its used to raise the moral of your army....but nevertheless when comitting the guard the morallvl of my army is set to 0,00 and after 1 day of fighting the combat is over.

If you commit the guard it changes the combat table used, a 2-3 can become a 2-4 or 2-5. If you fail to break your enemy your troops will run and you lose the battle. It is intended and can sometimes be useful.
An Elephant
youkali

Post by youkali »

How do you screen capture or printscreen? Thanks!
There is another world for the reparation of sin. The wages of folly, however, are payable here below.
Lord Acton
gwheelock

Post by gwheelock »

Hold down the ALT key & Press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard.  This does a capture.
Go into a graphics program such as "Paint".
Use "CTRL" and "V" to paste the image. 
Make any sort of annotations that you want to the image
Now save it as a .jpg (matrix only takes .jpg images)

Guy
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Ok, my first question (more coming soon, undoubtfully):

We are playing France in the tutorial. So why did you start your set-up phase with .... Amsterdam !! Why didn't you start for example with Brussels or Prague? Holland is flaged as free state. Why are we able to move their troops? Furthermore, Amsterdam is flagged as "Holland" and not as "french conquered" like for instance Brussels (flander/FR conquered). Very mysterious to me ...

This is probably a silly question but doesn't seem obvious at all for me. ;-)
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Murat

Post by Murat »

Well this is before Napoleon absorbed Holland into the Empire so for the moment they are still an independent nation but one that is controlled by us. I noticed that most new players get thrown off by forgetting to set up their controlled free state forces so in the Tutorial I thought it best to begin by setting those up, thus Amsterdam and the rest of the Dutch.
ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Ok, my first question (more coming soon, undoubtfully):

We are playing France in the tutorial. So why did you start your set-up phase with .... Amsterdam !! Why didn't you start for example with Brussels or Prague? Holland is flaged as free state. Why are we able to move their troops? Furthermore, Amsterdam is flagged as "Holland" and not as "french conquered" like for instance Brussels (flander/FR conquered). Very mysterious to me ...

This is probably a silly question but doesn't seem obvious at all for me. ;-)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

oK ! "control free states". That's the key ! I understand now. Thanks
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Your tutorial is Great Murat ! Bravo et merci !
Flannel

Post by Flannel »

I use a small prog' called 'PrintScreen' with my silent hunter game. It shuts the game window to the taskbar, asks what I want to do! makes the capture, saves to PrintScreen Files in my 'Docs Folder' and then I reopen the game from the task bar. It really is as simple as that! Never had any problems with this ever....Definately a

Made by 'Gadwin PrintScreen'

flannel
Flannel
ess1

Post by ess1 »

Flannel, Thanks vry much for info on PrintScreen. Have d/l and am sure it will be most useful.[:)]
Ralegh

Post by Ralegh »

Free state is a strange term that doesnt mean what is sounds like - it means "completely controlled by a great power, although building their own forces".
Conquered states contribute their money and manpower to their conqueror.
Neutral states dont have forces (yet) - they are the ones who are actually free of the yoke of colonial oppression.
HTH
Steve/Ralegh
Flannel

Post by Flannel »

ess1. Hi, Just wondered if your impressions of 'PrintScreen' were the same as mine. By the way, I use 'Alt-Tab' to close to the taskbar with my games.

flannel
Flannel
Murat

Post by Murat »

Can we try to keep this for questions about the Tutorial or at the very least for newbie questions?
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Ok I am trying to add the depot to the French Heavy Fleet I in the english channel. All I get is the error message : Unit cannot be Moved or Placed here!  I have tried mutliple different combinations to try and place the depot.  I am in desperate need of some ideas.  I can place a depot on land and i do have the $1 needed.

Whatever happened to drag and drop?  I'm sorry the frustration level is just getting a little high.  It took me 30min to figure out that there was a slider bar hiding the corps in Lille. You would think that when you click on different land areas it would default the slider all the way back to the left.
Murat

Post by Murat »

ORIGINAL: Lucky

Ok I am trying to add the depot to the French Heavy Fleet I in the english channel. All I get is the error message : Unit cannot be Moved or Placed here! I have tried mutliple different combinations to try and place the depot. I am in desperate need of some ideas. I can place a depot on land and i do have the $1 needed.

Same as with your British question: Clicking on the heavy fleet and then clicking 'add depot' should work but you need to have invaded by disembarking troops.
Whatever happened to drag and drop? I'm sorry the frustration level is just getting a little high. It took me 30min to figure out that there was a slider bar hiding the corps in Lille. You would think that when you click on different land areas it would default the slider all the way back to the left.

Yes, that slider bar can be confusing.

Return to “The War Room”