Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 2008 Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In Development] >> Combined Arms: World War II (formerly Battlefields!) >> RE: 2008 Status Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2008 Status - 7/7/2008 4:23:13 PM   
Nemo69

The Editor screenshots are gorgeous, as are the projected functionalities of CA. Looking forward to have the game on my hard drive in the not-so-distant future

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to jamespcrowley)
Post #: 91
RE: 2008 Status - 7/7/2008 9:36:33 PM   
Howard7x

Im dissapointed that your not currently working on this project full time .

It was looking good as well. I gues some things are worth waiting for, i hope this is one of them!

"In times of peace, a good general is preparing for war" - Gaius Julius Ceasar

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 92
RE: 2008 Status - 7/7/2008 10:11:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard7x
Im dissapointed that your not currently working on this project full time .
It was looking good as well. I gues some things are worth waiting for, i hope this is one of them!

It's worth keeping in mind that when we first started work on CA, I was able to give it around 70% of my time because our other projects were few in numbe and the company could be run and projects kept track of with fewer people. While CA's development continued, Matrix grew and my responsibilities and our ongoing projects are now quite numerous indeed. Since CA's development started, we've released over 40 other games, the vast majority of which I've been involved on the project in some form or another ranging from design, development support, production and release coordination, etc. So the unfortunate reality is that I can't simply drop everything and get right back to CA. Believe me, it would be nice to be able to focus on just one project at a time, but that's no longer a possibility for me. CA will end up getting more of my time this year than just about any other project, but just re-shuffling priorities to clear space for it has taken time as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Howard7x)
Post #: 93
RE: 2008 Status - 7/7/2008 10:19:53 PM   
jmlima

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
... Since CA's development started, we've released over 40 other games, ...

Shoot.

Either it will be the game of the century, or the gaming fiasco of the century...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 94
RE: 2008 Status - 7/8/2008 12:34:38 AM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmlima
Either it will be the game of the century, or the gaming fiasco of the century...

I'll bet my money on Game of the Century.

Regards, RhinoBones

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 95
RE: 2008 Status - 7/8/2008 7:52:46 AM   
Nemo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

quote:

I'll bet my money on Game of the Century.

Regards, RhinoBones

I'd tend to concur - the century has quite a long run to go though, the end of which we'll most probably not see

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 96
RE: 2008 Status - 7/8/2008 12:40:02 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hm, I think expecting the "Game of the Century" rarely works out well, but I think expecting a pretty good game is a safe bet. If you like WEGO and this scale, I think you'll enjoy CA quite a bit.

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 97
RE: 2008 Status - 7/8/2008 5:00:27 PM   
Howard7x

Well i dont mind waiting till the end of the year for this title.

I dont want to see another EIA, ive still not purchased that game due to the bad press in the forums. Seems its still pretty unfinished even now! Too many bugs and a bad AI.

Lets get this one right!

"In times of peace, a good general is preparing for war" - Gaius Julius Ceasar

Post #: 98
RE: 2008 Status - 8/6/2008 1:14:23 PM   
jmlima

quote:

With 3 more released in the past few weeks , can we now say 'over 50 other games'???

Just teasing you...

Post #: 99
RE: 2008 Status - 8/28/2008 1:54:33 PM   
jmlima

quote:

quote:

With 3 more released in the past few weeks , can we now say 'over 50 other games'???

Just teasing you...

I'll quote myself, and some more games hit the store...

Either we are as close as is can get to have CA in ... well playtest... or ... we are as far as ever...

Yep. The wait is making me go Zen.

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 100
RE: 2008 Status - 8/28/2008 11:30:37 PM   
JMass

quote:

I follow the Zen Buddhism and it help to wait , but it is a pity couldn't play CA:WWII here and now.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 101
RE: 2008 Status - 9/2/2008 12:07:40 PM   
scsfan

[/quote]

I follow the Zen Buddhism and it help to wait , but it is a pity couldn't play CA:WWII here and now.

[/quote]

I follow the Zan too, but it still doesn't help me wait

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 102
RE: 2008 Status - 9/2/2008 7:30:33 PM   
Capt Cliff

When? When? WHEN???? Phew ...

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to scsfan)
Post #: 103
RE: 2008 Status - 9/2/2008 9:17:19 PM   
jmlima

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

When? When? WHEN???? Phew ...

Ahhh... learn the Zen way grasshopper:

'When you seek it, you cannot find it.'

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 104
RE: 2008 Status - 9/28/2008 9:45:28 PM   
jmlima

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just teasing you...

I'll quote myself, and some more games hit the store...

Either we are as close as is can get to have CA in ... well playtest... or ... we are as far as ever...

Well, and another one is set to hit the shelves (albeit, virtual ones). This will truly be the game of the century, I can now imagine, all the high level meetings at Matrix, dumping all the games out , in order to clear all the staff to focus on a single target, the release of CA, this year. After all, the game is ready for testing, so I assume it's well under test as we speak... Ok,ok... I will awake now.

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 105
RE: 2008 Status - 10/3/2008 2:44:13 AM   
rhinobones

Erik

The feeling is that CA is currently in test and that release is possible in the next 12 months . . . so I won't ask for another estimate of the release date. However, can you give us a list of the probable scenarios and a few more screen shots? The shots Ludo posted earlier this year really, I mean really, got the blood flowing.

Regards, RhinoBones

Post #: 106
RE: 2008 Status - 10/3/2008 7:26:54 PM   
jmlima

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

Erik

The feeling is that CA is currently in test and that release is possible in the next 12 months . . . so I won't ask for another estimate of the release date. However, can you give us a list of the probable scenarios and a few more screen shots? The shots Ludo posted earlier this year really, I mean really, got the blood flowing.

Regards, RhinoBones

Not sure if that's the case, despite my previous cynical post. Erik clearly stated that when the playtest starts they would post an advertisement looking for playtesters. So I have to assume that he playtest has still not started, since no such advertisement was posted.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 107
RE: 2008 Status - 10/3/2008 7:50:29 PM   
geozero

We have been awaiting an update for some time in order to update the scenarios in place.  I think when that happens there will be a period of time get those scenarios updated, and then a testing period will start.  That's what has been pretty much already stated here. 

JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 108
RE: 2008 Status - 10/3/2008 10:50:04 PM   
Deathtreader

Hi all,

I don't think I've ever seen a game as highly awaited and anticipated as this one or one that appears to be as consistently back burnered. From a wannabe customer's perspective it truly seems bizarre. There's always a reason why this superb looking game is deferred time and time again. Crazy, crazy, crazy.......

Just venting..... no malice intended. Just bewilderment.

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

Post #: 109
RE: 2008 Status - 10/4/2008 11:45:10 AM   
jmlima

quote:

ORIGINAL: geozero

We have been awaiting an update for some time in order to update the scenarios in place.  I think when that happens there will be a period of time get those scenarios updated, and then a testing period will start.  That's what has been pretty much already stated here. 

Not sure that is so clearly said anywhere. In fact , Ludo stated that from his pov the game only needed a good dose of playtesting. This was not denied by anyone.

A need for an update to allow the scenarios to be updated only means that not only testing is unlikely to start any time soon , as it means that overall development of the title is not as far advanced as was previously hinted.

I cannot really understand Matrix priorities on this one.

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 110
RE: 2008 Status - 10/22/2008 1:43:58 PM   
BlackSunshine

Seriously...

This game is one of the most anticipated wargames for a lot of us wargamers.  Why is there no urgency to release this thing??

It's starting to become laughable.

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 111
RE: 2008 Status - 10/22/2008 2:47:39 PM   
Volsung

I am also greatly anticipating this game. I suspect that they are having difficulty getting the AI to function in a satisfactory manner. That is the only reason I can imagine why such a potentially blockbuster game is languishing.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to BlackSunshine)
Post #: 112
RE: 2008 Status - 10/23/2008 1:05:50 PM   
jmlima

starting?.... you're an optimist eh?

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlackSunshine

Seriously...

This game is one of the most anticipated wargames for a lot of us wargamers.  Why is there no urgency to release this thing??

It's starting to become laughable.

(in reply to BlackSunshine)
Post #: 113
RE: 2008 Status - 10/23/2008 1:07:59 PM   
jmlima

Again, unless we take yet another backstep in the story, the latest news where , from Ludo, game only needs good dose of testing, and from Erik, when testing starts a new addy will be placed looking for testers. We must assume the AI is functional from the above.

Of course, Geozero threw a huge spanner in the works when he said that the scenarios still needed to be updated...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

I am also greatly anticipating this game. I suspect that they are having difficulty getting the AI to function in a satisfactory manner. That is the only reason I can imagine why such a potentially blockbuster game is languishing.

(in reply to Volsung)
Post #: 114
Time For A Matrix 2008 Status Update - 10/23/2008 7:42:00 PM   
rhinobones

It's time for Matrix to provide a brief update on the game status. Not looking for an estimated release date, just a little something on where the game stands.

Hey Matrix. I know you're out there . . . can you give us a little?

Regards, RhinoBones

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 115
RE: Time For A Matrix 2008 Status Update - 10/23/2008 7:52:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

I should have something to report during November, right now is not the best time for an update, sorry.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 116
RE: 2008 Status - 10/23/2008 9:55:11 PM   
rickier65

quote:

Again, unless we take yet another backstep in the story, the latest news where , from Ludo, game only needs good dose of testing, and from Erik, when testing starts a new addy will be placed looking for testers. We must assume the AI is functional from the above.

Of course, Geozero threw a huge spanner in the works when he said that the scenarios still needed to be updated...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

jm,

It's not really a backstep to think that maybe AI needs some work. When Ludo said game needed a good dose of testing, that said to me that more SW dev work should be expected. After all, that's what "a good dose of testing" is all about.

Rick

(in reply to jmlima)
Post #: 117
RE: Time For A Matrix 2008 Status Update - 10/24/2008 12:50:50 AM   
rhinobones

quote:

I should have something to report during November . . .

Thanks . . . we need a bit of pre-Christmas cheer. In fact, think I'll poor a little more cheer right now!

Regards, RhinoBones

Post #: 118
RE: Time For A Matrix 2008 Status Update - 11/1/2008 1:10:51 PM   
scsfan

quote:

I should have something to report during November, right now is not the best time for an update, sorry.

Hope the report will be an advance, not another retreat. at least tell us that we are still holding the ground.
The waiting is almost as long the the WWII itself, we need a bit of boost of morale.

cheers

< Message edited by scsfan -- 11/1/2008 1:17:56 PM >

Post #: 119
RE: Time For A Matrix 2008 Status Update - 11/1/2008 6:20:17 PM   
jmlima

quote:

ORIGINAL: scsfan

quote:

Hope the report will be an advance, not another retreat. at least tell us that we are still holding the ground.
The waiting is almost as long the the WWII itself, we need a bit of boost of morale.

cheers

Well, most reports so far have been along the lines of 'still not there, but pretty soon we will be.', This one should be no different. I think we would all be astonished if it was 'will be released in Christmas' or something like that.

(in reply to scsfan)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [In Development] >> Combined Arms: World War II (formerly Battlefields!) >> RE: 2008 Status Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI