John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War Updated

John Tiller's Battleground Series is a Hall of Fame lineup of games covering the Civil War and Napoleonic Wars. We've compiled these classic games into two new affordable collections, incorporating updated versions of these legendary titles. Incredible historical gameplay and great value!
Alex Fiedler

John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War Updated

Post by Alex Fiedler »

This classic turn-based strategy title just got even better

Matrix Games is happy to announce that a short but sweet update is now available for the best-selling turn-based American Civil War battlefield series, John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War. The update fixes an issue where a few Bull Run and Antietam scenarios were not showing up in the scenario selection window.

Relive the splendor and excitement of John Tiller’s classic Civil War games in this updated compilation, John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War, which has been updated by John Tiller himself to work on all Windows operating systems from Windows 98 up to and including Windows Vista. Included in this compilation are the original titles that gave the Battleground battle system the fame that has endured over years and years of play. Gamers can refight famous battles like Shiloh, Antietam, Bull Run, and Gettysburg with the fantastic realism and intuitive interface fans of John Tiller’s gaming systems have come to rely on. This comprehensive collection offers long-lasting play with many variant historical and what-if scenarios as well as smaller related battles.

Take command of the mighty armies of these eras; enjoy the time-tested interface and turn-based game mechanics that made John Tiller’s original game designs famous. With the choice of 2D or 3D battlefield views, dozens of scenarios and more historical information then can be found in most public libraries; John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War reintroduces gamers to some of the best 19th century wargames ever made!

There’s no time to delay, soldier! Fall in and prepare to charge across the Battlegrounds of the Civil War!

Get more information on John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War from its official Matrix Games webpage. This update is comprehensive and will bring the version of the game up to 1.01.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=319

htuna

RE: John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War Updated

Post by htuna »

I just purchased this game, and I just went to the above website.. and tried to download the 1.02 update and it comes up page not available..
htuna

Post by htuna »

Never mind.. downloaded it from Filefront
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum for this but I'll ask anyways. Can the game be viewed without unit bases? I know that in the Campaign series this is possible so I wonder about this game. I've always prefered playing the game in 3D without unit bases.

Thanks.
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

ive just spent 7 days trying to get this game uploaded to 1.2(hoping that it would have added a x5th VIEW that you can actually play with)and sadly NO,if it isnta broken link or three,then i get some wierd FTP message and update cancels.what a waste of money this purchase was sale or not i feel robbed period.I have JTNW that has the x5 views which leaves at least one playable view so youd think theyd have implemented this with JTCW too but nope.Im not about to purchase a pair of "glasses"so i can find and see my units!Seven days and in the last Hour ive had help with someone who works here who is a friend of mine,ive had more help in last hour from him than i have in whole week from Slith?Matrix.I guess i have to accept ive bought a "bad Game"and move on as my other 30 titles purchased in last 5 years work ok,just be nice to be offered another game at same price as im not after a refund but sadly i dont see this coming either.Left a bad taste in my mouth,ill be more wary about buying "old "games from Matrix.When youa sk for a refund for this game you get "sorry we dont do that"...but isnt the game broken the if you cant either update correctly or if you can like i did i really thought id find an updated 5th view like in JTNW but no.Hope any other buyers of this game over this xmas period has more luck than i did.Happy 2019!:)

Return to “John Tiller's Battleground Series”