WAW 5 player

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

03_walk_alot

WAW 5 player

Post by 03_walk_alot »

Warsaw falls.
Luft expecting milk run get ambushed by RAF over Maginot line.
RAF 7 Luft 2

Goering has a extra helping of schnitzel and wonders if roof should be tile or shingles.

The SKINNY Goering
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (4 KiB) Viewed 396 times
While few men,legislators or otherwise,
have felt downthe years they could command ships of the line or marshall air armies without specialized training, almost
any fool has felt in his heart that he could command a regiment.

T.R. Fehrenbach
jjdenver

RE: WAW 5 player

Post by jjdenver »

Screenshots please :)
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
03_walk_alot

Post by 03_walk_alot »

This is not Playboy...we have no pictures!![;)]
have felt downthe years they could command ships of the line or marshall air armies without specialized training, almost

T.R. Fehrenbach
03_walk_alot

Post by 03_walk_alot »

April 1940!
German plays western blitz card and blast through Belgium, almost taking Lille on first Turn.
The other powers will likely be unlocked very soon. Stay tuned.

Krauts closing on Paree.
Look like the froggys from Maginot caught in a trap like the rats they are.

Attachments
LILLE.jpg
LILLE.jpg (80.93 KiB) Viewed 391 times

T.R. Fehrenbach
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

SS Paratroops??  that's a bit of a waste is't it??!! :)
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
tweber

Post by tweber »

Not nearly as much waste as having most of the French garrison cut off and unable to evacuate to the UK.  I almost always use SS production in the first turn to make a para unit.  You never know when you will need to get the 1 hex out of reach.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Turn 11 Russia to China file sent to Barthheart.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

ORIGINAL: tweber

Not nearly as much waste as having most of the French garrison cut off and unable to evacuate to the UK. 

good point!

And of course this all means the warriors of the rising sun will get a move soon too :)
IRONCROM

Post by IRONCROM »

Yea I got to give it up to 03_walk_alot.
It was those paras that made the big difference here... I should have practiced this one a little against the AI.
Maybe I would have caught on to the importance of guarding the junction supplying all my troops.
I launched a counterattack on the German flanks from the South and did a lot of damage, almost recaptured Lille as well.
But I didn't have the strenght to do it though. The French units cut off in the south couldn't recover there rediness from the blitz card without any supply.
I can say though, that the RAF did manage to deal out a lot of damage on all those unprotected German tanks... He lost a bunch.

03_walk_alot

Post by 03_walk_alot »

Was worried about the tanks!
But all those planes built?
What is defending england???

Mein Fuhrer in gay paree!
Attachments
file.gif
file.gif (62.38 KiB) Viewed 409 times

T.R. Fehrenbach
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Chinese turn complete and sent to Germany.

The Chinese people urgently request aide from the USA... or anyone really...[:D]

Run for the hills!!!!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Japanese turn done and sent to Iron - not much to report - the Chinese ran away as fast as they could - we caught a few, but not so many :(
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Chinese Trooper: "What shall we do now that we have run away, oh Lord?"
Chinese Officer: "Run away further!"

Must.... make it..... to......hills.......
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
03_walk_alot

Post by 03_walk_alot »

Turn sent to Japan.

T.R. Fehrenbach
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Guys - make this an AAR thread w/ pics - not "turn sent to the next guy" thread. :)
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

It'll be as we desire than you - you'll take what you're given and be happy with it!![;)]

Fortunately I am a kind and generous soul....unless you are a Chinese player....in which case 1 corps is surrounded and another 2 threatened......the Flying Tigers came up to intercept massive IJN airstrikes, and were destroyed...although they inflicted as good as they got (2 air units KO'ed on each side)

Attachments
wuhan.jpg
wuhan.jpg (73.87 KiB) Viewed 393 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Isn't China able to get a massive ammount of pp aid from the US?  I would have the Chinese stand in order to maximize casualties and force the Japanese to end the limited war.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Yeah Tom, you're right. If I stand and die I get lots of PP from the US but I'm not sure ow well I'd hold out with 3 level IV rifles. [:D]

Don't worry, lots of Chinese will be dieing soon enough... can't say more.... spies everywhere![:@]
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Turn 13 Russia to China file sent to Barthheart.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: tweber

Isn't China able to get a massive ammount of pp aid from the US?  I would have the Chinese stand in order to maximize casualties and force the Japanese to end the limited war.
So far, from both sides, in every game I've played of this scenario the Japanese player has made a major push in China that has either destroyed the Chinese, or come very close. It's just extremely unbalanced with the Japanese production advantage and ability to commit 40 carrier air to the ground warI think that the Chinese player needs to do a couple things in order to have any chance of survival against a reasonably competent player. One, is retreat to a solid line, away from the coast, asap. Not too far, otherwise you give up too much space and time. The other key thing is to preserve the Chinese engineers, get them to the rear, and start spamming factories. With their paltry pre-war industrial base, even the Chinese Conscripts cannot be be produced fast enough to replace the 100+ infantry losses per turn that the Japanese player is able to inflict. Another thing to do, while waiting for the EP's to build up enough for producing a factory is to research the higher level basic infantry and start upgrading whatever Rifle subformations are still alive.

One thing that I think needs to happen in order to break this routine play of the Japanese, is to have Partisans available from the beginning of the limited war in China, as there is nothing preventing the Japanese from using their coastal garrisons, and Marines, as frontline troops in China for almost a whole year, before they need to be repositioned for the coming Pacific battles. That's assuming, of course, a roughly historical timeline for Barbarossa. If the German player is able to delay that for a year, I see no hope, at all, for the Chinese, since the Japanese timetable is tied to the invasion of Russia, by the Major Offensive/Pacific Blitz options.

Return to “After Action Reports”