1280x1024 mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Lebatron

1280x1024 mod

Post by Lebatron »

This mod is to enhance the experience of those using the high res graphic trick I discovered. It's made for 1280x1024 users. It fixes the artifacts and in particular the problem on the repair screen when the res trick is used. Notice the games logo I added to the right of the upper menu bar, it covers up the blue area you would normally see when using the res trick I outline below. This mod will work with stock AWD and Uncommon Valor 2.x

Get it @HERE@

To install unzip the package, then cut and paste the dat folder over the one in the game.

Attachments
Capture11..52.10PM.jpg
Capture11..52.10PM.jpg (86.57 KiB) Viewed 846 times
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Lebatron

RE: 1280x1024 mod

Post by Lebatron »

Steps to trick the game to display at a higher res.

1. Start game in windowed mode.
2. Once at the games main menu change your destop res to 1024x768. Simplest to right click somewhere on desktop. Don't minimize game.
3. Now move aside the main menu a little so you can right click on desktop to change back to your prefered res. Again don't minimize game.
4. Now move the main menu back to center it. You will notice the main menu shrink at this point.
5. Start your scenario, or load saved game, and you will be taken to the larger game map.

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi All,

Just a brief announcement to let you all know that this mod is now available in our Members Club.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
GKar

Post by GKar »

A good idea.
kettyo

Post by kettyo »

Thank you for this clue and mod!
It's much better to play the game at this high resolution.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Patch 1.040, found in the members club, now supports alternate resolutions, so it's no longer necessary to use the trick I outlined above. But the download is still useful for the new backgrounds I added.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Update. I've incorporated this small mod into Deluxe AWD a long time ago, hence the now dead link.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”