Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/17/2008 5:43:47 PM   
Mistmatz

It seems as if the japanese 61st Sentai (belonging to IJA Home Def Force) is located at the wrong place. Much to my surprise I found this unit as an allied player in the dot base of Exmouth norht of Perth.

I started the game as a japanese player to verify and it shows planes at the base but the unit is not selectable for the jap player. As allied player if I change the unit to an unrestricted (allied) command I'm able to move the unit around but unfortunately cannot disband or withdraw due to lack of another airgroup with this plane.

Best thing is I can even pull three additional japanese pilots...

Post #: 1
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/17/2008 7:10:33 PM   
okami

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

It seems as if the japanese 61st Sentai (belonging to IJA Home Def Force) is located at the wrong place. Much to my surprise I found this unit as an allied player in the dot base of Exmouth norht of Perth.

I started the game as a japanese player to verify and it shows planes at the base but the unit is not selectable for the jap player. As allied player if I change the unit to an unrestricted (allied) command I'm able to move the unit around but unfortunately cannot disband or withdraw due to lack of another airgroup with this plane.

Best thing is I can even pull three additional japanese pilots...

I am Mistmatz's opponent and indeed there is a 61st Sentai at Exmouth which is a beach. I can draw the pilots for the Sentai but it is out of range of a Japanese base to rebase it.

"Square peg, round hole? No problem. Malet please.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 2
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/17/2008 7:58:12 PM   
el cid again

These issues should always be reported with a slot number - in the case of air units it appears in the upper right corner in front of the name when you select the unit. Otherwise - I must find the unit.

(in reply to okami)
Post #: 3
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/17/2008 8:00:33 PM   
el cid again

OK - I understand the problem. It occurred when we changed the Hamamatsu slot for economic reasons. I will address this in 7.7895. This issue is not related to Level 5 or Level 6 - which still have Hamamatsu in its old slot.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 4
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/18/2008 6:04:36 PM   
Mistmatz

Another one.
"IA 9th Division Arty", unit number 2533 is chinese but probably should be indian.

Post #: 5
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/19/2008 12:28:23 AM   
el cid again

IA = Indian Army - so yes - thanks.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 6
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/21/2008 1:26:08 AM   
Mistmatz

"ROC Command" is static in Chungking but 100% planned for Honan. Probably slot 106.

Post #: 7
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/21/2008 6:20:11 AM   
el cid again

Aha. You cought a trick. This is not entirely accidental. Static units are often supply sinks - and they plan for the wrong location - and other tricks - to make them less difficult to kill - the large squad counts being a problem.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 8
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/21/2008 11:46:43 AM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

Aha. You cought a trick. This is not entirely accidental. Static units are often supply sinks - and they plan for the wrong location - and other tricks - to make them less difficult to kill - the large squad counts being a problem.

I understand that the industrial forts around the map are usually set for some place in Siberia to get killed easier (btw. would you consider it gamey setting them to their correct location as allied player?).
But for the ROC Command I assume it shouldn't get killed easy, not in Chungking anyway. I know some people plan for combat areas although the HQ is not in the contestet hex (but within command range) to ensure supply getting there and helping the units combat wise. I'm not sure if the game really works that way or if this voodoo. Insofar it may make sense for the ROC Command to plan for Honan as a contested area in the not so far future.

Post #: 9
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/21/2008 1:31:51 PM   
el cid again

Yes - it is a defeat of the game intent - and it is an RHS house rule - never change planning for a unit with a large supply sink.

Chunking is not worthy of concern - Japan cannot get enough supplies forward - unless they learn how o mater river navigation anyway - and it is tricky (they need to put a lot of transport on the river - no one has ever done so as far as I know). Chunking is hard to take - and most give up long before they get near it. The rest are pretty frustrated by the battle. You pretty much have to abandon the place to lose it.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 10
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/21/2008 1:33:59 PM   
el cid again

quote:

"ROC Command" is static in Chungking but 100% planned for Honan. Probably slot 106.

this is not the case - what is your scenario? It is planned for Chunking. 100 per cent planned too.
Just as you wanted.

wierd - ALL scenarios have this right - and you have the wrong file in SCEN folder

Not sure I can explain this - but I will upload location files from my scen folder itself instead of the upload folder -

< Message edited by el cid again -- 1/21/2008 1:36:59 PM >

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 11
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/21/2008 3:02:25 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

quote:

this is not the case - what is your scenario? It is planned for Chunking. 100 per cent planned too.
Just as you wanted.

wierd - ALL scenarios have this right - and you have the wrong file in SCEN folder

Not sure I can explain this - but I will upload location files from my scen folder itself instead of the upload folder -

Actually I see this pplanning also with 7.7895. I'm talking about "ROC Command" not "ROCAF Command". Both are located in Chungking but "ROC Command" is static and is planning for Honan at 100%.

If this is different in your setup then I'd say there is either a synchronisation problem with the files you put on the distribution list earlier or WitP is not handling more than one installation correctly.

Post #: 12
RE: RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations - 1/21/2008 10:23:58 PM   
el cid again

wow

this is wierd

it is RIGHT in the files - but WRONG in the game

it is hard code again - some unit starts in Honan and I cannot even assign it to a different Chinese HQ -

did I ever tell you how much I hate hard code?

I may be able to defeat this - but I have not yet figured it out

mumble mumble mumble

Stock is wrong. Everyone is wrong. Stock FILE has 106 for China Command. It IS planned for chunking in the file too.
But not on the display report. Wierd wierd wierd. Reported to Matrix.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 1/21/2008 10:50:25 PM >

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RHS 7.7894 CVO Observations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI