From: Upper Michigan
I was able to recreate it!
Steps to get AWD to display at your full resolution in windowed mode.
1. Set desktop to 1042x768
2. Start game up in windowed mode.
3. Set desktop back to your preferred res. Do not minimize game, instead move window to right click on desktop. This is why it works.
4. The games window will now take up the full screen. You may see some artifacts. Ignor and start the scenario.
5. Viola. Game map is now whatever res you make it.
If this works for others. Sticky it!
To eliminate the scrolling when you exit the 1024x768 phantom window area use these steps instead.
1. Start game in windowed mode at your normal desktop res. Basically I'm saying not to do the old first step.
2. Once at the games main menu change your destop res to 1024x768. Simplest to right click somewhere on desktop.
3. Now move aside the main menu a little so you can right click on desktop to change back to your prefered res.
4. Now move the main menu back to center it. You will notice the main menu shrink at this point.
5. Start your scenario, or load saved game, and you will be taken to the larger game map.
The major difference in these steps from my previous ones is that here you start the game at your preferred res. Before I had directed you guys to first set the desktop to 1024x768. Apparently that was creating the phantom window scrolling effect. In my case, when I start the game at 1280x1024, then drop the res, this scrollin problem goes away. Would others please confirm. Thanks.
< Message edited by Lebatron -- 1/17/2008 9:36:36 PM >
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided