Ok, this is SOOOOOO Nutz!`

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Knavey

Ok, this is SOOOOOO Nutz!`

Post by Knavey »

Decided to play as Japan this time. Alot of you guys know the issues I have had in the past with the Allies.

I am almost done with the game...well into 1945 so I have a LOT of data to support my claims this time.

Here it is in a nutshell.

1941 - I launch a surprise attack on PH and sink thier BBs...no CVs in port! Come on, they have 4 CVs out there and NONE of them are in PH?

1942 - I use my IJA and IJN to kick butt all over the Pacific. Very well made game until...All of a sudden I lose all of most of my big CVs in KB! What kind of coding is that! Now this games mechanics seem a bit unrealistic to me...how do I go from a powerhouse to nothing in a couple of hours!

1943 - Suddenly the Allies seem to do everything right! They have planes that just dominate me over the entire Pacific. I can't make gains anywhere! Everytime I go out to fight, it seems that I can't keep up with them in numbers, quality, or quantity of weapons! I almost threw in the towel but decided to stick it out. After all, they can't have coded the game this bad consistantly for the next two years!

1944 - This is just plain crazy...I lose hundreds of planes in a single day of combat...get almost SQUAT in return. My BBs can't seem to make up their minds against the American CVs. I have a great plan lined up and suddenly my BB group turns around with CVs in sight and merchies just across the horizon! And don't get me started at USN planes...Matrix sure screwed up that AAA routine! I have guns galore on thos BBs and those planes managed to put 10+ bombs and torpedoes into my BBs. Great coding Matrix!

1945 - OMG! What in the name of the Emperor was that?!!!????? Nagasaki and Hiroshima just vanished. My Kamakazi's are getting slaughtered. The weather system part of the program is BORKED...what happened to my typhoon to save me!

My conclusion...Matrix games and you guys that code this game need to rework the entire engine. Its just crazy that I can't compete in this game?

Is AE going to fix any of the problems that I posted above?

Can't wait for AE...looking forward to a much more balanced game! PRETTY PLEASE!
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"
castor troy

RE: Ok, this is SOOOOOO Nutz!`

Post by castor troy »

lol, a new type of Knavey... [:D]
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

LOL sounds pretty historical to me. [:D]
Created by the amazing Dixie
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I would call it ACCURATE!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Feinder

Post by Feinder »

OMG! What in the name of the Emperor was that?!!!????? Nagasaki and Hiroshima just vanished.

[:D]

Hey Bro.  Sorry I doubt we're gonna make it over tonight, more fried turkey for you!

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Knavey

Post by Knavey »

No problem...thats a 21 pound turkey he wants me to deep fry.  Jon's going to be taking hom a LOT of leftovers. 

Hey quit hijacking my THREAD!  [:D]
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
goodboyladdie

Post by goodboyladdie »

[:D][:D][:D]

Art by the amazing Dixie
Koniev

Post by Koniev »

I think you've been reading Tojo's war diary.
"Those who don't remember History are condemned to relive it" George Santayana
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

Let me guess:

One of your best Naval Commanders suddenly took command of an air transport unit which was engaged by fighters causing the leader to disappear.[:D]
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Knavey

Post by Knavey »

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

Let me guess:

One of your best Naval Commanders suddenly took command of an air transport unit which was engaged by fighters causing the leader to disappear.[:D]

YES!!!

The leader bug is STILL out there!

This game is SO unrealistic!
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
okami

Post by okami »

Bad die rolls bet it doesn't happen that way twice. Don't give up.
"Square peg, round hole? No problem. Malet please.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Do some reading for that year in the pacific theater.  Sounds Historical to me as well.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
bobogoboom

Post by bobogoboom »

And he got a bite[:D]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Sig art by rogueusmc
treespider

Post by treespider »

Knavey....we know better --- all of that stuff couldn't have possibly happened to you...especially in one game...if it had this game would really suck.
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Knavey - check your old save files (WITPDECODER would be good for this), there's a known leader bug issue for the Japanese whereby your main leader disappears if transported too close to Bougainville - not always immediately apparent as it only appears to be triggered if the US player has P38's on the Canal.

BrucePowers

Post by BrucePowers »

I just don't believe your BBs would turn around with carriers in view[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
okami

Post by okami »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I just don't believe your BBs would turn around with carriers in view[:D]
Your choice of commander is very important. You should have placed an aggressive commander in charge of your BB's. Again an example of bad die rolls.[:-]
"Square peg, round hole? No problem. Malet please.
treespider

Post by treespider »

I bet your BB's even used there big guns for AA...this game certainly is bugged.
Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Knavey

1942 - I use my IJA and IJN to kick butt all over the Pacific. Very well made game until...All of a sudden I lose all of most of my big CVs in KB! What kind of coding is that! Now this games mechanics seem a bit unrealistic to me...how do I go from a powerhouse to nothing in a couple of hours!

And why do Japs only get intelligence reports like "radio signals detected on AF" and the Allied intelligence reports get stuff like Japanese fleet prepping for Midway? [:D]
treespider

Post by treespider »

How did you lose your flagship carrier in 1942 to one or two bombs? This game has to be bugged...
Here's a link to:

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”