Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/14/2009 2:36:57 PM   
FreekS

that is strange morphin, I'm tryins as well on a medium PC, and I don;t have those problems at all. it runs easily 30s to 1 compression ratio. Are you running USA or Russian side?

Freek

Get every ANW scenario ever made for the PlayersDB:

Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library

FAQ for Harpoon

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 61
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/14/2009 3:08:28 PM   
morphin

USA Side

(in reply to FreekS)
Post #: 62
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/14/2009 4:14:36 PM   
FreekS

So was I, I just finished the game within an afternoon. So I cannot reproduce your issue. Freek

Get every ANW scenario ever made for the PlayersDB:

Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library

FAQ for Harpoon

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 63
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/14/2009 4:46:47 PM   
hermanhum

Many thanks for giving the scenario a test run. Freek has just finished it from the NATO side. It wasn't specifically cleared for ANW, but if both you have successful tests, I'll add it to the list of scenarios tested for compatability with ANW.

You can turn down the Accuracy/Speed of the calculations from your Configuration launcher. I always run at Low/Fast due to the number of calculations. I have been told by one source that the Accuracy/Speed slider does not affect the game any longer, but my own test results do not confirm that claim.

Too bad that the sheer size of this scenario precludes it from MP play. I think that it would be really fun to go head-to-head over this scenario.

Attachment (1)

Home of the PlayersDB
- #1 Choice of the Harpoon community

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 64
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/14/2009 5:50:35 PM   
morphin

HI

Thank you. I have Accuracy/Speed set to all to the right high/slow. I have also set up a lot of patroling Helo (Dipping and Sonobouy). I will try to set Accuracy/Speed to low..

Andy

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 65
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/14/2009 6:16:11 PM   
morphin

Hi

I found the solution. I have install ed 3.9.4.10 Hotfix from 31.Oct! That was the problem. Maybe this Beta has some debugging turned on. It is really slow. NOw i changed back to 3.9.3 and this version is really fast

Andy

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 66
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/14/2009 6:40:25 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: morphin

I found the solution. I have install ed 3.9.4.10 Hotfix from 31.Oct! That was the problem. Maybe this Beta has some debugging turned on. It is really slow. NOw i changed back to 3.9.3 and this version is really fast

Thank goodness you found a work-around solution. Let's hope that this slowness is only limited to the Beta release. However, I suspect that it will be systemic problem once the Patch 3.9.4 is released. Just another reason not to mess around with Beta/Experimental software.

Herman (He Who Shalt Not do Beta)

Home of the PlayersDB

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 67
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 1/30/2009 6:34:03 PM   
hermanhum

Over 94 new aircraft, ships, submarines, facilities, classes, countries, and weapons have been added to the Harpoon3 PlayersDB with the official Database editor issued by AGSI.  

Get the PlayersDB-ANW on HarpDB, SubSim, or HarPlonkHQ.

Get the PlayersDB on HarpDB, SubSim, or HarPlonkHQ.

Additions include:

Sea Harrier FRS.1 UK 87
AOR    Tafelberg ZA 58-83
CG    Princeton US 08|SM2MR-III
CG    San Jacinto US 08|SM2MR-III
DDG    Arleigh Burke IIA TLAM US10
F-15E    Strike Eagle RMP US
FF    Ahmad Yani ID 03|Van Speijk
JAS 39C    Gripen ZA 12
MCM    Durban [Ton] ZA 58
MiG-25PDS    Foxbat E RUS 79
P-3B    Orion [Dome] US 88
PTM    Gumdoksuri ROK 08
SSN    Virginia [Blk III] USN 11
   Soar Dragon PRC 10

- countless changes and improvements guaranteed not to crash any earlier scenario built with the PlayersDB

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the
Complete Harpoon 3.6.3 Library

Harpoon ANW users can get the
Complete Harpoon ANW Library

FilesOfScenShare   

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 68
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 2/1/2009 7:06:38 AM   
hermanhum

The 8th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

Eyes and Claws (Act I)

This is the sixth scenario of the PaSon battleset. These scenarios are designed for beginners. They presume that the USSR did not collapse back in the early 90s. In fact, the Cold War went hot and NATO and the USSR got their shoot out. They met with their best equipment and fought it out. All scenarios of this battleset use the same map, starting with using smaller parts of it. The complexity and thus difficulty of the scenarios increases steadily.

Eyes and Claws introduces new tactical elements. You will learn how to coordinate aircraft with ships and submarines. Aerial refueling is introduced, too.

Most important is the optimal coordination between your eyes in order to find the enemy and your claws in order to destroy his facilities.

Author: Ralf Koelbach

Harpoon ANW users can get the:

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the:

FilesOfScenShare

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 69
Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 2/7/2009 10:46:40 PM   
hermanhum

The 9th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

Gwadar you up to?

India vs China & Pakistan - Jan 24, 2015

China has been a net oil importer since 1993, with the bulk of its Middle Eastern energy imports being transported circuitously by sea via the Strait of Malacca. The country's rising demand for overseas oil, fuelled by its rapid economic growth, has raised concern about becoming over-reliant on this narrow waterway.

An alternate supply route in the form of a road and an eventual pipeline from Gwadar, Pakistan to China's westernmost provinces would reduce the dependence. Moreover, situated opposite the Strait of Hormuz, through which 40 per cent of the world's energy exports flow, Gwadar offers Beijing opportunities to monitor shipping along the worlds key oil 'highway' as well as US naval movements in the Gulf region.

In addition to enhancing Chinese energy security, Gwadar also offers Beijing substantial strategic leverage in South Asia. The new port in Pakistan, coupled with the Chinese-backed development of a container port facility at Chittagong in Bangladesh, is likely part of Beijing's larger strategy of 'strategic encirclement' of its rival neighbour, India.

New Delhi has become increasingly unsettled at the prospect of coastal Balochistan being used as a Chinese listening post, as well as the possibility that Chinese naval vessels could dock in such close proximity to Indian territory.

[From Jane's Foreign Report 27 March, 2007]

Author: Eric Weincam

FilesOfScenShare

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 70
Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 2/15/2009 5:20:17 AM   
hermanhum

The 10th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

Port Blair Witch

China vs India

China and Pakistan have lodged strong complaints against India for their attack on the military facilities at Gwadar. However, the UN has been slow to respond and has done nothing but ask China to demonstrate restraint. There is fear around the world that China may retaliate with nuclear weapons, but this seems unlikely.

According to US sources, a Chinese SSBN has deployed from its base on Hainan Island in the South China Sea. China has neither confirmed nor denied this, but they HAVE stated that they have the right to conduct deterrent patrols.

Soon after, a pair of Chinese surface warships, operating out of Myanmar, attacked and sank an Indian-flagged container ship in the Bay of Bengal.

China affirmed this action as a retaliation against India. India has announced that they will take whatever steps are necessary to defend their merchant fleet.

Author: Eric Weincam

FilesOfScenShare

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FreekS)
Post #: 71
PlayersDB Project - 2/27/2009 8:01:09 PM   
hermanhum

Over 21 new aircraft, ships, submarines, facilities, classes, countries, and weapons have been added to the Harpoon3 PlayersDB with the official Database editor issued by AGSI.

Additions include:

Lightning F.1 UK 60
Lightning F.2 UK 61
Lightning F.3 UK 62
Lightning F.6 UK 65
Victor UK 70
Vulcan UK 60-85
SAM SA-5a Regiment x3|S-200

- countless changes and improvements guaranteed not to crash any earlier scenario built with the PlayersDB

FilesOfScenShare

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 72
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 3/1/2009 7:50:03 AM   
hermanhum

The 11th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

Showdown

These scenarios are based upon events described in the book, "Show of Force", by Charles D. Taylor, 1980, Charter Books. The United States has established a Trident re-supply base in the Indian Ocean. The Soviets claim that such a base is meant to de-stabilize the region and prevent the self-determination of African nations and others within the area due to intimidation. Both nations have deployed extensive fleets to the Indian Ocean in a "Show of Force".

Without guidance from NCA, both theatre commanders are operating under their final orders received. What began as a show of force has evolved to a battle of attrition. Control of the African and Indian Ocean sphere will be decided for the next fifty years.

Author: Herman Hum

FilesOfScenShare   

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 73
Harpoon3 PlayersDB Project - 3/10/2009 10:30:34 PM   
hermanhum

Over 6 new aircraft, ships, submarines, facilities, classes, countries, and weapons have been added to the Harpoon3 PlayersDB with the official Database editor issued by AGSI.  

Additions include:

FHE    Bras d’Or CDN 68
SAM ADATS Battery x4 CDN    

FilesOfScenShare   

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 74
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 3/21/2009 8:56:33 PM   
hermanhum

The 17th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

Serpent's Island

Starting from 1878 back when the Treaty of Berlin offered it to Romania and until today, this piece of rock has played various roles that have reflected the interests of the countries in the region. After being a simple location for a lighthouse used for guiding navigation, it became a strategic point for the USSR, the latter annexing it in 1948 through a simple handing over minute, out of the desire to complete its control of the Danube by taking advantage of the military and strategic context of that time. After the fall of the Soviet Empire when it became part of Ukraine, the latter being USSR's successor state, the island has changed its nature and even its importance, with its statute now having major implications in establishing and delimitating [sic] Romania's and Ukraine's territorial seas and continental shelf. And those implications stem from the perspective and goal of exploiting the area's reserves of more than ten million tones of oil and 100 billion cubic meters of natural gas.

The basic treaty between the two countries, a treaty that Romania signed on June 2, 1997 under pressure to fulfil the border stability criteria needed to join NATO, has re-opened the issue in the context of subsequent border delimitation [sic] negotiations.

SOURCE: www.nineoclock.ro (March 4, 2009)

"World Court draws border between Romania, Ukraine"

The International Court of Justice has drawn the boundary between Ukraine and Romania in the Black Sea, striking a compromise in the longstanding argument.

The court discounted arguments and maps presented by both countries and drew a maritime boundary between the rival claims.

At stake is access to billions of cubic meters of natural gas and an estimated 10 million tons of oil, but it was unclear how the new line would divide those resources.

Romania said it got 79% of its claim. But Ukraine's deputy foreign minister Oleksandr Kupchyshyn said both parties were satisfied with the judgment, which he called a wise compromise.

The decision Tuesday by the court, the U.N.'s highest judicial body, is final and binding on both sides.

SOURCE: USA Today (March 4, 2009)

"State raid on Ukraine gas HQ raises fears of energy crisis"

Fears of a new European energy crisis were mounting on Wednesday after masked gunmen from Ukraine's intelligence agency stormed the headquarters of the state gas company in a raid that could throw relations with Russia back into crisis.

[snip]

Millions of European consumers were left without gas for the first two weeks of this year after Russia severed supplies to Ukraine over a payment dispute that observers said involved political wrangling. Ukraine acts as a conduit for 80 per cent of Russian gas bound for Europe.

SOURCE: Adrian Blomfield, Daily Telegraph
(March 4, 2009)

"I...drink...your...milkshake. I drink it up!"
Daniel Plainview, "There will be Blood", Miramax films, 2007

Author: Herman Hum

FilesOfScenShare

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 75
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/1/2009 9:12:31 PM   
hermanhum

The 20th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

"Eyes and Claws (Act II)"

This is the seventh scenario of the PaSon battleset; the "pro version" of Eyes and Claws, the sixth scenario of the PaSon battleset. While the PaSon scenarios are designed for beginners, this one should be a match for experienced Harpoon players, too.

Like the whole PaSon battleset, this scenario also assumes that the Soviet Union never collapsed and the Cold War went hot. There is a strong Red beachhead in Norway which has to be eliminated with limited resources.

The Harriers are dedicated to Roberto Yeager. Use them wisely :)

Author: Ralf Koelbach and Herman Hum

FilesOfScenShare

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 76
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/2/2009 7:51:10 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: koelbach

These PDB-versions have been written by Mr. Hum.

But I couldn´t stop their release since I once allowed him to rebuild my PASON-Battleset for his database. He even can release one more scen which bases on my originals - "Attacking the Fortress".

Many thanks and much appreciation. We'll be enjoying them for years to come.

Home of the PlayersDB
Post #: 77
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/4/2009 7:35:56 PM   
kondor999

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: koelbach

These PDB-versions have been written by Mr. Hum.

But I couldn´t stop their release since I once allowed him to rebuild my PASON-Battleset for his database. He even can release one more scen which bases on my originals - "Attacking the Fortress".

Many thanks and much appreciation. We'll be enjoying them for years to come.

Jeez, man? Can't you show a little respect? Why not shut down your PDB project and join one of the others, like HUD3? You clearly have an interest in the game, but this PDB crap is just...divisive. We don't need another Database - and especially not one that gets people so riled up as the PDB.

I mean, instead of thumbing your nose at Ralf, you could at least remain silent. Or better yet, explain yourself. But this tactic of "you only have the rights I choose to recognize" crap is gonna make you the most hated man in a very small community. What's the point? What do you gain?

See - no one cares about this game but US. Just a few people, really. There's no fame or fortune at stake here. You obviously took a lot of time and trouble to convert over these scenarios to PDB. Why not do that for, say, HUD3 or the official ANW DB? Then your talents could really be appreciated and wouldn't cause all this trouble.

Anyway, have a great weekend. I DO appreciate what you've done - all of you guys - to keep this great game alive. We should all be friends and help each other.

Nothing else matters.

< Message edited by kondor999 -- 4/4/2009 7:42:13 PM >

My Command Review at SimHQ: http://www.simhq.com/daily-news/command-modern-airnaval-operations-1-01-review.html

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 78
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/4/2009 7:41:26 PM   
kondor999

One last thing.  I DO really like how Herman constantly repackages the Db and all associated scenarios into a single executable.  That is super-handy.  He should get credit for coming up with a really great way to distribute the entire package.

My Command Review at SimHQ: http://www.simhq.com/daily-news/command-modern-airnaval-operations-1-01-review.html

(in reply to kondor999)
Post #: 79
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/4/2009 7:59:21 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: kondor999

I mean, instead of thumbing your nose at Ralf, you could at least remain silent. Or better yet, explain yourself. But this tactic of "you only have the rights I choose to recognize" crap is gonna make you the most hated man in a very small community.

See - no one cares about this game but US. Just a few people, really. There's no fame or fortune at stake here. You obviously took a lot of time and trouble to convert over these scenarios to PDB. Why not do that for, say, HUD3 or the official ANW DB? Then your talents could really be appreciated and wouldn't cause all this trouble.

That's a misunderstanding and for that I'll apologize. My message was very poorly written. Ralf granted his permission when the scenarios were re-made and for that I (and anyone who plays them) will be eternally grateful. Now, Ralf has decided to end any future collaboration. I am saddened by his decision, but will respect his wishes. Please do not infer anything else beyond that message.

It would not be feasible to re-write the PlayersDB scenarios for other databases is because they are highly incompatible due to the different philosophies of the Editors.

For example, the HUD3 might have one entry for Plane XXX covering yrs 1980 - 2009. However, the PlayersDB might have broken it down to 4 entries each covering 5 years or so. That makes them pretty difficult to reconcile. There are lots of other differences such as anticipated weapons ranges, effectiveness, etc., too. This is not to say that any particular method is superior to any other. It is just a difference of editorial opinion

quote:

One last thing. I DO really like how Herman constantly repackages the Db and all associated scenarios into a single executable. That is super-handy. He should get credit for coming up with a really great way to distribute the entire package.

Many thanks. The idea for the one-step installer was suggested and implemented for us by Tony Eischens and has proven wildly popular. You are not alone.

I totally agree with your idea. I have already extended a public invitation to the other DB authors/editors to include their work with ours. I would like nothing more than to send out 1,000 scenarios for PlayersDB, ColonialDB, HUD3, WW2DB, etc. at the same time! This would be absolutely excellent for new users to come upon and save them a great deal of inconvenience. If the other editors would like me to include their works for distribution, they need only ask for it. I don't think anyone would find it objectionable.

Home of the PlayersDB

(in reply to kondor999)
Post #: 80
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/4/2009 8:09:28 PM   
kondor999

I totally applaud your goal of uniting all the scenarios out there under one DB, but it seems like you've somehow made the original designers angry.  Not sure why or how - but there's a few of them and unless it's some big conspiracy, I have to assume that there is something about the way you're handling it that really annoys them.

Thing is, we can't make H3 more popular by pissing off these scenario and database designers.  That's why I'm saying you should probably bite the bullet and start supporting another database.  I personally really like the ANW one because of all the pretty pictures

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 81
Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/4/2009 8:18:07 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

I totally applaud your goal of uniting all the scenarios out there under one DB, but it seems like you've somehow made the original designers angry.

This is a basic mis-apprehension on your part. I am not trying to combine all the scenarios under one database. I am willing to promote all databases equitably and at the same time under one installer program. Many database details and decisions are mutually exclusive and incompatible.

Each database is unique in its own right and has its own particular 'flavour'. Unlike some, I don't believe that there are right/wrong ways to edit a database. As long as it doesn't blow up in CTD and gives results the users are happy with, there's no problem with it, IMO. Evidently, you are happier with ANWDB or HUD3, so I'll wish you all the enjoyment possible with whichever one you select.

If you want to make the effort and try to re-build a PlayersDB scenario for another database in order to compare how it runs, I would show you how, help you do it, and not stand in your way. I just won't do the work for you.

< Message edited by hermanhum -- 4/4/2009 8:51:59 PM >

Home of the PlayersDB

(in reply to kondor999)
Post #: 82
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/4/2009 9:29:50 PM   
kondor999

OK, sorry about that - I actually thought you had a pretty good idea there!  Turns out it was mine.  Classic Projection I guess.

Anyway, I haven't messed around with the PDB enough to compare it to anything.  In fact, just this past week was the 1st time I've had enough time to sit down and run through a few scenarios.

For all I know, it's just as good (or better) as those 2 other ones.  Hey - whatever works and provides a realistic game is fine by me.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 83
RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/7/2009 11:06:09 PM   
jpkoester1

Hi everyone. I don't usually post here any more. However, in this case I wanted to drop a general security note as an answer to this.

Please guys if you don't 100% trust the source of an executable file you are asked to download from the internet you should NEVER EVER download or run it on your system.

With regard to this specific file. Should you not 100% trust the source please ask the author to provide a downloadlink where the database files are contained without being wrapped into an executable installer program.

Thanks,
JP

(in reply to kondor999)
Post #: 84
Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/7/2009 11:47:42 PM   
hermanhum

5000 downloads and 2 years late, but better a late warning than never, I guess.  

Home of the PlayersDB

(in reply to jpkoester1)
Post #: 85
RE: Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/8/2009 12:06:47 AM   
jpkoester1

Sorry, hadn't kept up with your work obviously... Actually surprised nobody else mentioned it before then.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 86
Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/8/2009 12:24:12 AM   
hermanhum

Silence is just another sign of satisfied users.  

Home of the PlayersDB

(in reply to jpkoester1)
Post #: 87
RE: Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/8/2009 1:25:31 AM   
Blacklight

PlayersDB is the best setup out there IMO.  I like the idea of having all it's compattable scenarios all bundled with it in the exe.  I mean, with any other database, I have to go throught the process of downloading and putting the database in, then hunting down, downloading, and copying in all the scenarios for that database one at a time.  It took a LONG time for me to get my mass of scenarios for Database 2K set up with all the downloading and unpacking.  I wish more databases would follow the PD installation format. Of course, this would require the scenario writer's permissions, but I'm sure that it's not to hard to get.  They made these things to be played and shared anyway.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 88
RE: Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 4/8/2009 2:23:43 AM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

It is a nice set up. However, it shouldn't require administrator access.

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to Blacklight)
Post #: 89
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> RE: Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI