Do You Play This Game?

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

Frozen Stiffer

Do You Play This Game?

Post by Frozen Stiffer »

Every once in a while, I see a new name appear in the message boards. This gets me to wondering two things- how many people play this game that also read the boards? If you're reading this thread, reply to it and just let us know that you play this game. "I play this game" is fine for a reply, as an option, feel free to post the country where you live (or state, if applicable)-- entirely optional, but it would be a good way to get an idea of how far-reaching this wonderous creation is. Read the thread as often as you would like, but only post once please- otherwise we'll throw off the numbers.

I am curious to see how many people own this game. Let's show Shaun just how big his fan base is!!!

[:)]

For the record...

I play this game in California, United States.
"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean
SirWolf1960

RE: Do You Play This Game?

Post by SirWolf1960 »

I'm playing the game in beautiful Topeka, KS

Steve
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

I play this game in Pennsylvania. I am almost 40 and haven't followed real baseball since I was a teenager (grew up in upstate NY watching the Yankees on WPIX 11 Alive). I've always enjoyed management sims (played Madden football in coach mode only), and when I saw the reduced price for this decided to take the plunge. It's basically the only game I play now (especially since my computer died and the one I threw into the front line can't handle much more).
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
CBeasley37

Post by CBeasley37 »

Love this game!

I manage 2 or 3 games a day in beautiful Midlothian Virginia.

Go Braves!

Chris
Bustoff

Post by Bustoff »

I play this game--a lot--in Columbia, Missouri.

And for the record, FS, I think your avatar is weirdly cool. [8D]
"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

I play this game in Bloomington, Illinois.

And I find that avatar disturbing yet captivating. [:)]
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

I play the game in Cross Lanes, West Virginia.
emcgman

Post by emcgman »

Cool post.

This is the second version of pure sim that I am playing.

I enjoy having two games going. One fictional, and the other Cubs historical.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

I just randomly picked a team in my historical association, never realizing that I would become attached to it in just one season. Now I wish I had picked a different team.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

I develop this game from Mount Pleasant, SC (next to Charleston)

Shaun
Developer, PureSim Baseball
Frido1207

Post by Frido1207 »

I play this game in Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany.
No Baseball-Tradition here. At least I know nothing about the history, players etc, just the basic rules (but always struggeling with all those abbreviations). So it is always interessting & mostly informative for me to read the Locker Room reports form our US mates.
For me its a bit like "history repeats itself", because once I get addicted to American Football, it started with a PC game my brother owned, ages ago.
So I hope I will "learn" Baseball the same way. I think its much easier, because the game I´m learning from is much better.
A last note: as I outed myself as a complete Baseball Noob, please be aware of some very dumb questions from me in the future. Please be patient. [;)]
renojedi

Post by renojedi »

I play this game in Reno, Nevada. Lived in the Baltimore Area last year when I first discovered it.

I like to replace one team with a fictional team, thus creating an expansion team work around (picking all bench players from the other teams). Right now I manage the Vancouver (BC) Big Thunder, a throwback to an expansion team I played with in the old All Star Baseball Series console game.

Huge Diamondbacks fan also.

-- Keith
leegra

Post by leegra »

I play PureSim in Southern California...Lee
PadresFan104

Post by PadresFan104 »

I play & mod this game in Carlsbad, California.  [:)]
PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods
Taz0713

Post by Taz0713 »

I play in Brush Prairie, WA.  Although I would like to build a winner, instead of getting frustrated half way through a season and starting over.  My goal for the new year is to follow through a association and not get sooooooo frustrated when things don't go well early.  [:@]
DonBraswell

Post by DonBraswell »

I play this game in Millbrook Alabama. Watching this game grow from the begining has been great. I never can wait for the new version to come out. But it's been that way every year. I keep telling Shaun I want first look, maybe that's why he lets me in on the beta's. Doesn't want to hear me wine like a baby. (60 yr old baby, well almost [:'(] )
Don
Don Braswell

PureSim Old Timer
Nukester

Post by Nukester »

Im playing the game from Newburgh, New York
SpharV2

Post by SpharV2 »

Been playing since the initial release everywhere from Atlanta, GA, to Camdenton, MO, to Ft. Benning, GA, to Ft. Hood, TX, to San Antonio, TX, and now in Tallahassee, FL. :)
"I started out this morning with the determination to be a hell of a man. I've been a hell of a fellow long enough. If anybody else wants to be a hell of a fellow, I've no objections. But it's too damned risky."-Lt. Nicholas Day-Seige of Port Hudson
VanScoy

Post by VanScoy »

I am playing in Miami FL!
dneely

Post by dneely »

I play this game in Phoenix, AZ. I have been with this game since one of the earliest versions and it continues to be my favorite baseball sim. I am 60 years old and still a kid at heart. I grew up loving the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Washington Senators but now a big D-Backs fan!!

David
DNeely

PureSim Vet

Return to “PureSim Baseball”