Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 12/31/2007 12:59:13 PM   
boudi

Hello,

I'm playing a PBEM game with 3 other players.

We are surprised that Italy still neutral in fall 1941.

Vichy was created during spring 1940, so the event was checked 6 times (summer 1940, fall 1940, winter 1940, spring 1941, summer 1941 and fall 1941).

The statistical probability that Italy still neutral in fall 1941 is 0.25^6=0,00024 : it's impossible.

Please help us.

Thank you very much.
Post #: 1
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 12/31/2007 9:38:33 PM   
christian brown

Are you all using the same version of the game?

Anything unusual happen? ex: German attacks against Axis leaning or Pro-Axis minors?
Please provide detail, the scenario you describe defies explanation......clearly, there may be something going on here..........seems like something askew with game play or version incompatibility - NOT a bug.

RSVP

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 2
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 1/1/2008 11:06:30 AM   
boudi

Thank you for your reply.

And first one, happy new year !!

My game is patched 1.011, i will ask to others players.

The game was classic, without surprise. Germany invaded (in order) Poland, Low Country, Norway, France. When Vichy was created, Italy still neutral. No other neutral country was invaded. And Barbarossa in spring 1941. Me, as japan, i just occuped the coastal region of China, and of course, i attacked Pearl Harbor in fall 1941.

The most surprising, that's no event fired during our game. the political event screen is empty. Very strange.

< Message edited by boudi -- 1/1/2008 11:41:38 AM >

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 3
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 1/1/2008 7:32:04 PM   
Lebatron

quote:

ORIGINAL: boudi

The most surprising, that's no event fired during our game. the political event screen is empty. Very strange.

If that's that case it's sounds like a corrupt save or game data file. Had the same thing happen to me while making UV2.0. I need not go into specifics to explain why, but I think you should just delete your current copy and reinstall then patch up. And I think you should just scrap your current game and start over. Before you start could if you want run through a few AI turns to see if the events are triggering. Use ctrl p to pause and ctrl r to resume.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 4
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 1/2/2008 12:46:04 AM   
boudi

All players plays with 1.011 patch. We started a new game, same players with same country, all is fine, italy join Axis in summer 1939.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 5
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 1/2/2008 1:55:25 AM   
christian brown

That's odd..............IIRC Marshall Art or Boerwar mentioned a similar occurrence

quote:

italy join Axis in summer 1939.

recently.

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 6
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 1/2/2008 1:10:32 PM   
boudi

No it's a mistake, Italy still neutral. it was impossible, western France must be occupied for Italy join Axis.

The events list screen is a little bit hard to read.

Why sentences in black, why sentences in red ? The manual explain just "Items that have not yet occurred are grayed out"

I don't see anything grayed out.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2607/gcs022mf2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

EDIT : sorry, answer found in the 1.011 readme : "

10) GUI improvement - the Political Event screen is enhanced. Color coding of events is changed: RED can happen now (prerequisites are satisified), BLACK hasn't happened yet and can't happen right now (could happen later), GREY has already occurred and will not occur again. (Note black and grey are swapped from previously). There is now an explicit indication of the current probability of an event if it is dependent on region ownership (i.e. the Spanish coup).

< Message edited by boudi -- 1/2/2008 1:12:41 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 1/5/2008 9:37:41 AM   
Pocus

Confirmed, we have to scrap the game... Boudi, you'll get less lucky on PH this time

< Message edited by Pocus -- 1/5/2008 9:38:12 AM >

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Check our historical strategy games on the Great War, the American Civil War, the Roman Republic, Frederick the Great, War of American Independence and others!

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 8
RE: Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? - 1/5/2008 4:20:30 PM   
BoerWar

quote:

ORIGINAL: christian brown

That's odd..............IIRC Marshall Art or Boerwar mentioned a similar occurrence

quote:

italy join Axis in summer 1939.

recently.

I think you may be referring to the Lightning game that Lebatron and I are playing. Italy joined immediately in Winter 1940 which is early (and very nice if you are Germany), but it was in reaction to the fall of France, so nothing out of the ordinary.

< Message edited by BoerWar -- 1/5/2008 4:21:20 PM >

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Italy still neutral in fall 1941 ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI