Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Computer games back in the day

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Computer games back in the day Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Computer games back in the day - 12/27/2007 8:46:36 PM   
Gil R.

I just found this commercial from the early 80's by doing a search for "Don Adams." I guess computer games have advanced somewhat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiYnxATKQUU

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Post #: 1
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/27/2007 9:52:06 PM   
Veldor

That's one sophisticated system but you can even manage your home finances with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFJ60FfSYAA

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 1:12:04 AM   
Saedor

Ha! I had that Electronic Detective game!

Didn't have an Atari computer, but I had a TRS-80 and one each of the Commodore series (Vic-20, C-64 and Amiga-500).

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 3
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 1:36:10 AM   
Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saedor

Didn't have an Atari computer, but I had a TRS-80 and one each of the Commodore series (Vic-20, C-64 and Amiga-500).

You left out the Commodore 16 and more importantly my absolute favorite of all time.. the Commodore 128. The last in the original Commodore series and the cadillac of the line. This year was Commodore's 25th Anniversary.

My first Commodore was actually the SX-64. A relatively rare portable version. After that I went to the 128. Never owned an Amiga myself.. I switched to IBM.

http://oldcomputers.net/sx64.html

< Message edited by Veldor -- 12/28/2007 1:38:11 AM >

(in reply to Saedor)
Post #: 4
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 1:36:25 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

I just found this commercial from the early 80's by doing a search for "Don Adams." I guess computer games have advanced somewhat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiYnxATKQUU

Maybe Gil...but it appears the GUI has gone downhill somewhat

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 1:52:58 AM   
Saedor

quote:

You left out the Commodore 16 and more importantly my absolute favorite of all time.. the Commodore 128. The last in the original Commodore series and the cadillac of the line. This year was Commodore's 25th Anniversary.

Yes, thats true. Sorry, I forgot about those, as I never had those models. I remember playing alot of great wargames on the old C64... Battlefront, MacArthurs War, Battles in Normandy, Decisive Battle of the Civil War (I, II and III), Carriers at War, Europe Ablaze, Reach for the Stars (those from SSG), Typhoon of Steel, Kamfgruppe, Napoleons Battles, Sons of Liberty, Wargame Construction Set... (those from SSI).

... And more, I'm sure, that I cant remember just now.

< Message edited by Saedor -- 12/28/2007 1:56:40 AM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 1:58:55 AM   
Zakhal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

quote:

My first Commodore was actually the SX-64. A relatively rare portable version. After that I went to the 128. Never owned an Amiga myself.. I switched to IBM.

http://oldcomputers.net/sx64.html

"Portable?". It weighs more than a modern AT-mine. Wouldnt want to carry that around.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 7
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 5:52:56 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

quote:

You left out the Commodore 16

You both left out Commodore PET. In addition there are few other Commodore computers, in addition of various models of Amiga and PC.

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 12/28/2007 5:56:11 PM >

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 8
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 8:03:33 PM   
marcusm

Don't forget the Commodore "Notebook" hehe.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 9
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/28/2007 9:55:39 PM   
ravinhood

I still have that eletronic Detectives game and Stop Thief and Dark Tower by Milton Bradley. Electrical fun back in the 70's. My friend and his wife and I and my wife would play them on the weekends getting drunk and stoned (the good ole days lol stupid kids), btw that Dark Tower game can bring up to $300 on ebay if it's in good working order and the box is in good to great shape with all the pieces. ;)

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 10
RE: Computer games back in the day - 12/29/2007 6:34:54 PM   
mullk

anyone remember I think it was tanktics.  It was an Atari wargame that used a tabletop board plus lead tanks and you entered hex numbers into the computer?  Only time I got to paint tanks I played on the computer :-)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Computer games back in the day Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI