supply after force marching

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

yammahoper

supply after force marching

Post by yammahoper »

It seems to me that if I force march, then the corp will auto forage, even if it is sitting on a depot.

I did not phrase this as a question because several forced march attempts to depots had the same result, i.e. loss from foraging.

VERY annoying.

Not quite as annoying as Au surrendering FINALLY and the repatriation put me out of supply so 5 cav, 3 arty and 10 guard went up in as very fancy dressed INFANTRY.

Oh man...I'm crabby and tired. Way past my bed time.

yamma
...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...
lavisj

RE: supply after force marching

Post by lavisj »

Yes, those are the rules. You can not use supply depot when you force march.... regardless.
alexvand

Post by alexvand »

In fact there is an earlier thread on this very topic when someone else complained about it. But these are the rules and for good reasons. Go see the earlier thread.
Bearcat2

Post by Bearcat2 »

Forced marching should be done in the rare ocassions that you absolutely, positively, really need those troops at a particular province; not as a free move. It can be painful; that it why it should be uncommon.
"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837
yammahoper

Post by yammahoper »

Even force marching in your own territory?

Well, I certainly can live with it.  It was a rude discovery however just as I was marching to the border of my territory to engage Charles and a big stack.  THEN he beat Nappy in the first fight when we both outflanked and Au rolled much better, and THEN after finally getting the surrender, I was repatriated out of supply as a big buy of expensive reinforcements were arriving. 

Perhaps force marching corps can be supplied if the corp stays within its own territory for the entire move? (I typed sheepishly)[8|]

yamma
JavaJoe

Post by JavaJoe »

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com

Even force marching in your own territory?

Well, I certainly can live with it. It was a rude discovery however just as I was marching to the border of my territory to engage Charles and a big stack. THEN he beat Nappy in the first fight when we both outflanked and Au rolled much better, and THEN after finally getting the surrender, I was repatriated out of supply as a big buy of expensive reinforcements were arriving.

Perhaps force marching corps can be supplied if the corp stays within its own territory for the entire move? (I typed sheepishly)[8|]

yamma

Forced March has more to do with your troops being injured, AWOL and becoming sick as it does about being fed. Although being in your own area does help the forage roll. Don't force march in winter. Don't force march in poor foraging areas. I rarely force march. Only in dire circumstances where the loss of 5 - 7 infantry isn't going to be a battle breaker.
Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com
yammahoper

Post by yammahoper »

I rarely force march. Only in dire circumstances where the loss of 5 - 7 infantry isn't going to be a battle breaker.

Yeah, I, uh, learned that. Thanks[:@]

yamma
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

...and it should be "Forced March," not "Force March"...[;)]
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
Piercing Fortress Europa Research Team
Desert War 1940-1942 Alpha/Beta Tester
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

Only one who should be force marching with any regularity is the Turk towards the second half of the year. That's what the Feudals are for. The Serbs will be willing to send another load of Christian babies next December!

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”