Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch any time soon?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Patch any time soon? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch any time soon? - 12/21/2007 12:34:14 AM   
WallysWorld

I realize that the developers are hard at work on NiI, but was wondering if and when a new patch for this excellent game will be available as my FoL campaign is completely stuck with the "Range check error"issue.
Post #: 1
RE: Patch any time soon? - 12/26/2007 3:27:53 AM   
WallysWorld

Hmmm...I wish that some kind of response would be considered. I finally restarted my campaign as the British and have three battles at Boston that I played out using the tactical interface. In each of battle, the American AI retreated after 9 turns even though it outnumbered my forces almost 3 to 1. I set my forces up around some fortification in the top third of the battlefield and never saw one enemy unit when after the 9 turn, the end battle report popped up saying that I had won the battle.

Is this some sort of bug in Alfred's logic? Does the AI automatically retreat if it doesn't see an enemy unit within 9 turns or so?

(in reply to WallysWorld)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch any time soon? - 1/9/2008 6:03:18 PM   
mmccot

I have wondered about retreat too, I had Marion hiding in the swamp with two bn., outnumbered; I  hoped they couldnt find me, and I noticed this tac. battle had only nine turnes so if they did find me I could just run for nine turnes. In your case though I'll guess you were on defense, with some expirenced forces going up aganist untrained forces,and they figured it's not worth loosing. They might have been low on moral/experience/move points/suply. But thats war. 

Post #: 3
RE: Patch any time soon? - 1/9/2008 6:47:54 PM   
WallysWorld

mmccot,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are writing, that the AI will decide to retreat if it thinks it can't win the battle. Which makes perfect sense!

But I was heavily outnumbered by the American AI forces by about 3 to 1 and after spending 20 minutes or so setting up my forces and then to see not even one single enemy unit on the battlefield before the victory screen popped up was puzzling. But then again, maybe the AI did calculate it could not win the battle.

What I really like to know from the developers is: If the AI cannot find any enemy forces on the tactical map after 9 turns or so, will the AI decide to withdraw from the battlefield? In other words, is there some sort of check for the AI after 8 or 9 turns about whether enemy forces can be seen?

< Message edited by WallysWorld -- 1/9/2008 6:50:53 PM >

(in reply to mmccot)
Post #: 4
RE: Patch any time soon? - 1/10/2008 9:47:52 PM   
James Ward

What I have seen happen is the AI will advance about 2/3 rds across the battlefield and stop if it doesn't see any units. It will then wait until the battle ends.
I have also seen a battle where part of my force set up at the bottom of the screen but my reinforcement arrived on the side of the battlefield. The AI went after my initial forces and I slowly retreated them off the map. My reinforcments came on but the AI never looked for them. Eventually the battle ended.
I think if the AI doesn't imeadiately retreat it will stay for the entire battle even if it does not engage with you.

Post #: 5
RE: Patch any time soon? - 1/11/2008 4:30:09 PM   
HussarGames

Could you send us a save prior to the crash?
info1848@yahoo.com

Thanks. If you already sent it, please resend, it might got lost in the spam filter.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch any time soon? - 1/12/2008 1:58:13 AM   
WallysWorld

HussarGames,

Actually I restarted my campaign and haven't had a crash yet so everything is looking good.

But I would truly appreciate some sort of response to my inquiry: If the AI cannot find any enemy forces on the tactical map after 9 turns or so, will the AI decide to withdraw from the battlefield? In other words, is there some sort of check for the AI after 8 or 9 turns about whether enemy forces can be seen?

(in reply to HussarGames)
Post #: 7
RE: Patch any time soon? - 5/10/2008 6:53:36 AM   
R.E.LEE

I was going to buy this game but 5 months and they havent eeven answered your ?i bought FOF a long time ago and they usualy always respond same day.hope you got help somewhere wally,cause these threads are thin,have a look at some of AGEOD they have some nice games and from all i have read they seem to be ok with support.
quote:

ORIGINAL: WallysWorld

HussarGames,

Actually I restarted my campaign and haven't had a crash yet so everything is looking good.

But I would truly appreciate some sort of response to my inquiry: If the AI cannot find any enemy forces on the tactical map after 9 turns or so, will the AI decide to withdraw from the battlefield? In other words, is there some sort of check for the AI after 8 or 9 turns about whether enemy forces can be seen?

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Patch any time soon? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI