Opportunity Fire Target Question (also printed manual error)

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Lionfish

Opportunity Fire Target Question (also printed manual error)

Post by Lionfish »

Jason (matrix)

I was trying to search around to figure out what units fall under the three catagories of Hard, Soft, and Other. I would presume that Hard are tanks, Soft is infantry, and Other ????? What about trucks / halftracks / etc. Halftracks would SEEM hard - as they have armor and weapons - however Trucks would SEEM to fall under other.

Could you give a basic guid to what Hard, Soft, and Other targets are and if there are any special circumstances?

I spent some time looking through the manual - but I couldn't find it. That brings me to the next issue - the Index problem.

-------------------------------------------------

Printed Manual Problem
SIDE NOTE: It would SEEM that the printed manual's INDEX is fairly off when looking up page numbers. The printed manual index should be redone (If you plan on printing more manuals in the future). I was unable to look up anything effectively from the Index - since the page numbers do not match.

Examples:
Echelon Movement in the Index says page 34, but it is clearly on the top of page 39.
Internet TCP/IP is listed as page 91, it is really page 93

Please update the Index to make the printed manual more useful for future users.
Jason Petho

RE: Opportunity Fire Target Question (also printed manual error)

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Lionfish

Jason (matrix)

I was trying to search around to figure out what units fall under the three catagories of Hard, Soft, and Other. I would presume that Hard are tanks, Soft is infantry, and Other ????? What about trucks / halftracks / etc. Halftracks would SEEM hard - as they have armor and weapons - however Trucks would SEEM to fall under other.

Anything that has an armour value will appear be Hard

Infantry combat units are Soft.

Everything else is other.

There are no special circumstances that I am aware of.

ORIGINAL: Lionfish
Printed Manual Problem
SIDE NOTE: It would SEEM that the printed manual's INDEX is fairly off when looking up page numbers. The printed manual index should be redone (If you plan on printing more manuals in the future). I was unable to look up anything effectively from the Index - since the page numbers do not match.

Examples:
Echelon Movement in the Index says page 34, but it is clearly on the top of page 39.
Internet TCP/IP is listed as page 91, it is really page 93

Please update the Index to make the printed manual more useful for future users.

Duly noted. Thank you

Jason Petho
Lionfish

Post by Lionfish »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Anything that has an armour value will appear be Hard

Infantry combat units are Soft.

Everything else is other.

There are no special circumstances that I am aware of.

Jason Petho

Thanks for the quick reply.

Follow-up.

Are trucks other?
What about artilery?

1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

I could be wrong, but I thought the Op Fire options were (1) hard vehicles, (2) soft vehicles, and (3) other.  I'm at work now and can't verify.

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”