Floyd is being modest, most of the above work is his, but let me outline some of the groovy ideas we have:- yes we have the data!
Let me say at the outset that the other tools available are all excellent and an inspiration to us both, but they also didn't implement a lot of the data or use the data in a way we wanted ... This tool hopes to fill that gap by providing overviews, better histories,warnings and micro management.
NB* most will work for both Allies and Japan. We don't have a definitive list but these are just off the top of my head ...
1. Pilot tracking - experience etc
2. Leaders a)Leader search for all military forces.
3. Plane Groups - (see next post)
a) history & summary - all + tracking experience !!
b) also plane groups on ships, like CV's plus SS's etc.
c) Search for subs/ ships with search capability.
d) pilots history also included here
4. Overview of plane production -
a)with warnings and general details( still in the works see below)
b)plane micro view showing production by base .
c) by plane http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1579085
d) see also http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1579084
e) engines - linked into TBO and air groups, to determine production size requirement.
5. Production - many views :-
a)History of res, supply, etc overview and by area and by base
b)logistics requirements - so a quick summary of each area and what is needed each day / month. inc. transports going to ...
c)expansion of factory/building/repairing - whether they are on/off and history of expansion
d)by area and base production and need.
e) calculator to determine how much you can or should build ...
e) supplies/res/oil en route by transports and days till arrival
6.LCU tracking :-
a) reinforcement - manpower and equip (hist)
b) devices supply and use / need
c) reinforcement on/off
d) supply warnings etc
7. Ships sunk, totals
8. Ship production calculator, using points to determine how much and what you should build, or accelerate.
9. Not yet determined, but I'd like to show intel/combat reports data.
10. General warnings and quick summary pages, to show what you need to do each turn, sort of a to do list ...
11. The idea is to be macro and micro, dive deeper and you have the info, or just have a quick look and see what is happening
Some of our ideas are already shown in my AAR, others are just a matter of coding ... or in Floyd and my mind ready for expression ... any other ideas are welcome ...
screen below is in the works, but shows a summary of planes and their production, arrivals, losses, group reinforcement need, next grp arriving and then there will be a quick warning of any probs
< Message edited by n01487477 -- 12/15/2007 3:08:21 AM >