Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd, brief screen issues after combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Odd, brief screen issues after combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/8/2007 4:56:38 PM   
Skeleton

I get a very brief, odd looking (almost like what television stations did when they went off the air late at night) split second screen after phases of combat. I also do not see the Matrix intro before the game loads. This is the second game from Matrix that will not play the Matrix intro. Everything up to Guns in August does, Forge of Freedom does not and now Empire In Arms does not as well. My drivers are all up to snuff, I have more then enough memory (2GB) and have no issues with any other games and no issues other then the two mentioned. Do I have an AVI issue and if so, what is it and where can I download something to recitify this issue? Any suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/8/2007 5:05:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

Interesting - Forge of Freedom and EIA use totally different methods. For FOF, you should go to Macromedia and make sure that both your Flash and Shockwave are updated to the latest version. For EIA, you need the Indeo codecs - try the ones here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Indeo_Codec.htm

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/8/2007 5:43:03 PM   
Skeleton

Erik, you're a genius! Both intros now work, no issues in that regard. Having said that, I still get the strange, brief, odd screen after rounds of combat. Is this by design? Any suggestions on that if it is not?

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 3
RE: Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/9/2007 3:06:33 AM   
Marshall Ellis

That is probably the closing of the combat screen. How long does it last?
Are you saygin it's in between each round of combat?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 4
RE: Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/9/2007 4:27:01 AM   
Skeleton

It is indeed between each round of combat and only for a nano-second, i.e., just long enough to annoy the piss out of me!

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 5
RE: Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/9/2007 11:54:35 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Marcus:

I'm certainly at a loss since I use the same screen in combat. The screen never changes until the battle is over??? I am changing the data on the screen but that's it??? I'll try to replicate this as best I can...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 6
RE: Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/10/2007 12:25:17 AM   
Skeleton

Thank you Marshall! As I said, it is minor and your energy should be spent on improving the A.I. and getting a tutorial done with some tweaks to the U.I. (tool tips, etc.) Overall, I think you have a beauty here and a game that will stay on my HD for a very, very long time. I thank you for your hard work and effort in getting this project done. I look forward to years of enjoyment!

Post #: 7
RE: Odd, brief screen issues after combat - 12/10/2007 1:14:26 AM   
John Neal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
Marcus:

I'm certainly at a loss since I use the same screen in combat. The screen never changes until the battle is over??? I am changing the data on the screen but that's it??? I'll try to replicate this as best I can...

Perhaps the bug involves some misc. clicking on the combat screen. Since I've been playing more and know what to do i haven't seen some of the problems i had.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Odd, brief screen issues after combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI