Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread Page: <<   < prev  32 33 34 35 [36]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 10/10/2012 8:35:44 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Possible, but if the Google Earth tools are reliable, Manokwari airbase and Waren Drome are seperated by about 48 (land) miles - that would put them in different hexes, no?

Not necessarily. 48 miles is only 2 miles over the ~46 statute miles (aka 40nm) for a land hex in AE. There are several reasons that could put them in the same hex. There might be a difference in where two different map designers throw the stake in the ground for each base, making a difference of a few miles. The map projection used might throw off the (flat map versus globe) distances sufficiently in that area. Possibly the greatest potential reason is that, because of the 40nm resolution of the map coupled with the full-hex resolution of the game engine, the map designer might have to nudge a few bases or features here and there by one hex to make the map and code work together for better game play. An example of that last is the often discussed range of the Zero versus the distance between Rabaul and Guadalcanal.

Anyhow it just occurred to me that as they are one hex away from an existing base that Andrew might have made that decision. Only he can answer that.

< Message edited by witpqs -- 10/10/2012 8:36:08 PM >

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 1051
RE: Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 10/10/2012 8:49:41 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Good explanation!

But well, I'm one of the guys who would love to have a dot or base at every hex - so I have put a dot base at 85/110 in my mod

Carpe Cerevisiam

WitP AAR "Six Years of War"

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1052
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 10/19/2012 3:34:34 PM   
Yaab

When I press "R" to examine the road net, the secondary road leading to Patung in China is marked as a major road (solid red line is displayed instead of bright red one). Is this a bug?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Yaab -- 11/11/2012 9:29:53 AM >

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 1053
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 9/5/2013 1:34:06 AM   
Ridinroun

Today I started having a problem with the map. In the furthest parts to the North like Canada and South, South of Brisbane I am getting overlapping hex and no land mass. For example if I'm looking at Hawaii and I click to go to the Northeast I still have Hawaii area and a bunch of overlapping hex's. Do I need to change my display resolution or something? Here my PC stats.

Intel Core i7-2760QM 2.44ghz win7 64bit NVidia GeForce 2gb 16gb ram 1TB HD 805GB free

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 1054
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 9/5/2013 1:42:20 AM   
wdolson

This tends to happen when the video memory gets corrupted. Sometimes restarting the game will fix the problem, sometimes it requires a reboot of the computer.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Ridinroun)
Post #: 1055
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 9/5/2013 1:46:08 AM   
Ridinroun

Ok. Appreciate the help.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 1056
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 34 35 [36]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread Page: <<   < prev  32 33 34 35 [36]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI