From: Hex 82,170
Found a bit more time...
1. Glad to hear of the new railroad types. Does AE model rolling stock (finite number of trains on railroads) at all?
More a question for the Land team. But I don't think so.
2. Will the map include Subchaser-style "dots" to indicate the presence of oil or resources in a hex? This isn't a "must" for me, and in fact if it's too cluttered, I'd prefer a cleaner look. But I did like Subchaser's little dots.
Not at present. Some people don't like any more map clutter, and also, resource data is scenario dependent, so fixing the symbols on the map could cause problems for modders.
I like the idea of some type of symbols myself, so what I am currently considering is providing an alternative map, with symbols added.
3. Conversely, I don't care for big thick lines delineating malaria zones, control zones, weather zones, etc.; I prefer just to remember which areas have malaria. (I know your map for WITP came in two versions -- one with "lines," one without. I used the one without.) Any decisions on how your handling "lines" on the map?
But again, if there is a lot of interest it might be possible to create an alternative map.
4. Which flag for Japanese bases -- plain Rising Sun, or the naval ensign with red rays? The latter may be more historically accurate, but the former is easier on my aging eyes!
Currently it is the plain symbol, not the Rising Sun.
5. Any change to the cold-weather zones (e.g., Alaska) -- for example, more of a penalty for conducting naval/air ops there? I always felt it was too easy to operate in the far north in stock.
Not sure. You will need to ask the Naval guys.
6. Can we build any rail lines over, say, the River Kwai? :)
Sadly no. It was considered but didn't make the cut. Too big a change.
7. Any changes to R&D for Japanese aircraft? (I still don't fully understand how it works in stock!)
Don't think so. You will have to ask the Air team.