Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/13/2007 7:15:26 AM   
no_dice

Marshall, I got it to work tonight after I uninstalled a lot of junk as part of a periodic "house cleaning".

I suspect it may have been my anti-virus program - Trend Micro PC-Cillin 2007 - as I did uninstall it with some of the other (minor) apps that I got rid of. I put Pc-Cillin 2008 back on and it did work. The only other thing that I can think of that might have impacted things was "open office".

I can check and see if any of the apps that I removed have match up with any of the other folks who are having this problem. I would bet money on trend micro being the culprit!

Cheers!

No Dice

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 31
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/13/2007 3:12:06 PM   
kgvonkraus

I've got this problem too (WIN XP Home SP2 on Sony Vaio, pleanty of HD and RAM space left). I also have Trend Micro 2007 installed and I tried just shutting it down but this didn't work. I'm not at all excited about uninstalling it, as I'm sure you can imagine, just to play this one game. I'll have to look into upgrading to the 2008 version. I wish I had a dollar for each hour that I've spent trying to get games that I've just purchased to work on my machine. In fact, even better would be if I had a dollar for each of the dollars that I've spent incrementally upgrading hard drives, power supplies, video cards, etc., etc., etc. to get whatever game I just bought to work. I would probably be better off just returning the game and buying a dog with the money that I saved on all the hardware and heartache. Ah well, we all have our habit then, don't we? Hopefully someone will figure something out that will help.

(in reply to no_dice)
Post #: 32
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/14/2007 1:04:44 AM   
no_dice

I tried disabling it and it didn't help. Uninstall it and then you can confirm if that's the problem (2007 is rather buggy and 2008 is an improvement so I'm told).

No Dice

(in reply to kgvonkraus)
Post #: 33
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/14/2007 5:19:15 AM   
no_dice

OK it looks like Trend Micro PC-Cillin is the culprit. I uninstalled V2007 and EIA worked, installed V2008 and it doesn't, uninstalled V2008 and EIA works. That resolves what is conflicting, I'm not sure how it is stopping EIA but I'll email them tonight.

Cheers!

no dice

(in reply to no_dice)
Post #: 34
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/14/2007 2:29:16 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Wow! Nice catch no dice. It looks like my wife will have to let go of her laptop for a while since I think she's using the Trend stuff as well. Haven't got a clue as to how it could affect EiANW??? If I find anything, I'll let you know...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to no_dice)
Post #: 35
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/14/2007 3:55:24 PM   
kgvonkraus

ditto on the Trend Micro 2007 uninstall (EiA works) TM 2008 install (EiA no longer works, same memory error as before). I sure hope that a solution can be found for this because if it comes down to a decision on what to keep, TM2008 will win. Fortunately, this root cause only took me about 4 hours to find (thanks to no dice), diagnose, and confirm. No actual outlay of cash for new hardware or software. Will it be possible to get a refund for EiA if there is no solution?

< Message edited by kgvonkraus -- 12/14/2007 3:59:59 PM >

(in reply to no_dice)
Post #: 36
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/14/2007 4:38:21 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Not sure what I could do to fix this. There is no error code coming up in my app and I certainly need the memory???

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to kgvonkraus)
Post #: 37
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/14/2007 6:43:26 PM   
kgvonkraus

Unfortunately just temporarily shutting TM2008 down doesn't do it.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 38
RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this - 12/15/2007 1:45:08 AM   
no_dice

I'll fire off an email to trend about this sometime this weekend. I have their enterprise AV product on my work laptop and I'll see if it fails that product as well this weekend.

"Don't try this at home kids, I'm a trained professional"

Cheers!

No Dice

"Don't try this at home kids, I'm a trained professional"

(in reply to kgvonkraus)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI