1947---(What If)---Invasion of Nazi Europe

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Trick37_MatrixForum

1947---(What If)---Invasion of Nazi Europe

Post by Trick37_MatrixForum »

Okay, I've been playing this scenario for a couple of weeks now (as the Allies), and I'm on turn 57. I'll maybe go into detail of my fite with Elmer later, but I need to address come issues/problems with the scenario:

1). Absolutely NO supply hexes for the Allies in all of Denmark, and even into the far northern part of Germany. I've had Russian troops landed in Denmark since around turn 25 (give or take), and I can't get any further south than the Denmark-Germany line because my troops (without resupply) are constantly taking a beating...and are evaporating at an alarming rate.

2). In France, when the partisans started appearing, a couple of units started having flaws in them. I get a message "Parent unit not valid" (and the scenario shuts down), or something else happens, when I click on the following units:

---FFI (10e FFI)---this unit is currently the top of three units in one hex, and I cannot move them out because I can't do anything.
---FFI (5e FFI)---I can't even click on this one any more
---BR IV Corps (3rd/22nd BR AGRE) is in France, and the other parts of the unit are in Italy/Greece. Whenever I click on the unit that I stated, the map jumps to one of the other units with this one. I can't move this one as, again, I have two other units under it that I can't use.

Other than that this scenario is quite good. I've made good progress, and several countries have been liberated already. Again, if I get the time, I'll give an AAR on this one.

Later.
desert

RE: 1947---(What If)---Invasion of Nazi Europe

Post by desert »

Same problem with FF in France. Also, the only supply points in Western Europe are in Gibraltar, Madrid, Paris, and Amsterdam, so naval invasions are impossible unless you attack the Netherlands.

I have noticed that it is possible to lose an entire army attacking entrenched German tank units in Russia. Whats up with that?
"I would rather he had given me one more division"
- Rommel, when Hitler made him a Field Marshall
Trick37_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: desert

Same problem with FF in France. Also, the only supply points in Western Europe are in Gibraltar, Madrid, Paris, and Amsterdam, so naval invasions are impossible unless you attack the Netherlands.

Well, that flippin' sucks! My initial invasion was through southern Spain, so I'm glad that I chose that way.
desert

Post by desert »

italy has like 4 of them. Sicily has 2 or 3. A hint?
Trick37_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: desert

italy has like 4 of them. Sicily has 2 or 3. A hint?

I hit Italy second. As my grandfather (from Scotland) always said, "Ah'm nae bloody daft!" [;)]

I've enclosed a copy of my current map to show my progress....on the 59th turn. [:)]

Attachments
1947Wh..e59a2.jpg
1947Wh..e59a2.jpg (131.42 KiB) Viewed 274 times
JapLance

Post by JapLance »

There is one scenario under this name in Rugged Defense (by Piero Falotti), but by the look of the map it's a different one. Where could I get this one?. The map looks really good.

Greetings from Spain.
Trick37_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: JapLance

There is one scenario under this name in Rugged Defense (by Piero Falotti), but by the look of the map it's a different one. Where could I get this one?. The map looks really good.

I downloaded it off one of the sites that those on here post scenarios that they create/update. I can't remember the site right now.....maybe someone can help me out here.

For the record, it's a good map. Very accurate, and I like it.
Silvanski

Post by Silvanski »

Seems to be the Wahlberg map with modifications, it's a 3d screenie right?

Try to remember where you got it from Trick37[;)]
The TOAW Redux Dude
Trick37_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

Seems to be the Wahlberg map with modifications, it's a 3d screenie right?

Try to remember where you got it from Trick37[;)]

Hey, Silvanski, I don't understand what you mean by "Try to remember whee you got it from..." I'm just playing the scenario....I'm not making one or using the map for anything else...

desert

Post by desert »

?? I got this scenario with the same map in Rugged Defense...

Change that to ZIP, I think.
Attachments
Zanzibar.txt
(43.56 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
JapLance

Post by JapLance »

OK, now Ithink I know what happenned here.

The scenario is the one by Piero Falotti. Seems like there is a mistake in the Rugged Defense website, and they added a CoW version (and the pic) which is from another scenario. The WOTY version is the right one to get.
Greetings from Spain.
desert

Post by desert »

Does it have more supply points? What makes it right?
Silvanski

Post by Silvanski »

ORIGINAL: Trick37

Hey, Silvanski, I don't understand what you mean by "Try to remember whee you got it from..." I'm just playing the scenario....I'm not making one or using the map for anything else...

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear
I only wanted to know if you could remember in which scenario depot you found this version of the 1947 scenario
The TOAW Redux Dude
JapLance

Post by JapLance »

I mean that WOTY version is the right one to get because CoW download is NOT 1947---(What If)---Invasion of Nazi Europe.

No idea about the supply points. Maybe Mr. Falloti wants you to follow a similar path to the historical 1944 invasion. I would add supply points at any major port in the European coast, and leave it up to the player to choose his invading site.
Greetings from Spain.
desert

Post by desert »

...CoW download is NOT 1947---(What If)---Invasion of Nazi Europe.

It isn't? I just assumed it was the version for COW.

Wait just one darned second. This map IS the WOTY version. I redownloaded it and it was the same thing. When I tried the COW version, not only did it not have "What If" in the title, but it said the scenario was incomplete and only for two players. HMM?
Trick37_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

ORIGINAL: Trick37

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear
I only wanted to know if you could remember in which scenario depot you found this version of the 1947 scenario

No worries.
It has to be Rugged Defense since that's the only other gaming forum that I'm on.
Trick37_MatrixForum

By the way, this is an example of the error info that I get on some of the units that I click on, and then the game dies on me:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH
  Application Name:                             Opart 3.exe
  Application Version:                           3.2.29.27
  Application Timestamp:                     46e2de9f
  Fault Module Name:                          kernel32.dll
  Fault Module Version:                        6.0.6000.16386
  Fault Module Timestamp:                  4549bd80
  Exception Code:                                  00000000
  Exception Offset:                                0001b09e
  OS Version:                                          6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:                                             1033
  Additional Information 1:                  e95c
  Additional Information 2:                  58eede43bcff15fd2ed64d19fea25b9e
  Additional Information 3:                  6685
  Additional Information 4:  836e61f30b1039a0894e1b0d197b3d90

JapLance

Post by JapLance »

I think this scenario is a bit too much for TOAW. It's 3700 units in a massive map. My old computer definitely can't handle it , it behaves strange when I open this scenario in the editor (I think it's the first time this happens to me).

By the way, the WOTY scenario is, according to the briefing, Europa 1947 2.0 by Piero Falotti, while the CoW one is Invasion of Nazi Europe (What if) by ¿?.
Greetings from Spain.
Trick37_MatrixForum

I think this scenario is a bit too much for TOAW. It's 3700 units in a massive map. My old computer definitely can't handle it , it behaves strange when I open this scenario in the editor (I think it's the first time this happens to me).

By the way, the WOTY scenario is, according to the briefing, Europa 1947 2.0 by Piero Falotti, while the CoW one is Invasion of Nazi Europe (What if) by ¿?.

It's not too much at all. My laptop (with Vista Home Pro and 2Gs RAM) is running it with no problems at all. I've actually enjoyed playing this scenario, and I might try as the Axis player next.
desert

Post by desert »

by the way, the WOTY scenario is, according to the briefing, Europa 1947 2.0 by Piero Falotti, while the CoW one is Invasion of Nazi Europe (What if) by ¿?.
...CoW download is NOT 1947---(What If)---Invasion of Nazi Europe.

[&:]Uhhh...

The titles of both were the same in the .sce file, except the COW one was missing the (What If). In the briefing it was Europa 47.

Here are the briefings:

WOTY-  Europa 1947 v 2.0
      Scenario by Piero Falotti
      Piero1947@hotmail.com

Scenario starts : January 1st 1947
Turn Lenght : 1/2 week
Number of Turns : 300

What if

September 1941 : Axis forces don't turn south and seize Moscow.
Decemebr 1941 : Axis do not declare war to the USA
1942 : Axis forces seize Stalingrad, and the Caucasus Oil fields. A coup by Soviet Military leaders destitute Stalin, who is assassinated.
1943 : Axis repel a British Assault in Sicily and threaten the entire middle east and Gibraltar. An Armistice is signed between British, Russian and Axis nations.
1945 : Allied forces smash Japan who surrenders inconditionally
1946 : More and more evidence of Nazi atrocities in Europe and White Russia get to Western Journalists. "Where are the 10 million European Jews?" Tension grows.
1947 : the USA and Britain lead a United Nations coalition to wage a crusade against "Nazi barbarism" and for a war to end all wars. (This time for real)
Special Events :
Axis production and supply will decrease as Allied forces advance. Find out where is Axis Industry (hint as in history + more industries in Eastern Europe - Drang nach Osten...)
Play hints :
Allied have the initiative, but have limited manpower, Try to destroy as much forces as possible and capture Axis supply and industries.
Axis has powerfull forces but many fronts to cover

COW - Invasion of Nazi Europe (What if)
NAZI vs. United Nations
For two players only - NO AI.
Scenario Begins : 1st MArch 1947
Turn Lenght: 1 week
90 Turns

Return to “After Action Reports”