From: Vermont, USA
Hop into that Abrams and fire up the engine, the classic real time tactical series just went modern!
Staten Island, NY, November 15th, 2007 – Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and CSO Simtek (www.csosimtek.com) are thrilled to announce that the latest and greatest title in the legendary Close Combat series, Close Combat: Modern Tactics, is now available for purchase via the Matrix Games Online Store. Offering the tactical real time intensity found in the original World War II Close Combat titles blended with modern weaponry and real-world as well as hypothetical conflicts, Close Combat – Modern Tactics is an exciting and innovative new addition to the Close Combat series that still holds the addicting appeal of its predecessors.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The Close Combat series has always been among my favorite wargames, so the release of a modern take on this tried and tested gaming system is particularly exciting.”
Andrew Williams of Strategy 3 Tactics added “It’s great to finally see fans of the series on the civilian side get to take a crack at this new modern release. It’s been great working with Matrix Games as they’ve given us the support we need to make Modern Tactics cross the gap from a military training tool to a fun new consumer product!”
Close Combat: Modern Tactics combines classic top down real time tactical warfare with the excitement of multiplayer head to head gaming. Developed from the US Marines training simulation, Close Combat Marines, you get to take command of all types of modern battlefield weaponry including Abrams tanks and Soviet-made RPGs as well as air, helicopter and artillery support. This is serious gaming at its best.
You take command of modern US forces or various opposition forces in one of 25 scenarios included with the release. Engage in combat with with up to 5 players per side and participate in intense head to head battles using Modern Era weaponry and equipment on gorgeous hand-drawn maps measuring from 1km square to giant 4km x 1km maps. Fight on hypothetical battlefields ranging in style from backwoods America to the streets of Iraq and the former Soviet republics. You face all the enemy can throw at you in a series of immersive, action-packed engagements that will test your tactical abilities! Air and artillery support are on-call but the final objective can only be secured by Close Combat. You are in command!
Exciting features of Close Combat - Modern Tactics include:
• Based on Close Combat Marines, which is used as a USMC training simulation
• Gorgeous hand-drawn 1km square to 1x4km maps
• Comes with 25 Modern scenarios based on real-world and hypothetical conflicts
• Realistic soldier psychological profiles during combat
• Mount and Dismount specialized vehicles with infantry units
• Close air support and direct and indirect fires.
• Ability to protect your men in buildings, bunkers, and trenches.
• Includes specialized squads, weapons, soldier types, attack aircraft & artillery.
• Designed to be easily moddable to provide years of additional gaming excitement.
• Adjustable game speed scroll speed and sound volume.
• Multiple nationalities with varying capabilities available to both sides.
• .. and much more!
< Message edited by David Heath -- 11/15/2007 2:03:53 AM >