RULEVARS FOR AI
This will be the brunt of the information of this 101. I will discuss the AI rulevars one by one. Keep in mind you can change AI behaviour dynamicly by using the the SetRulevar Exec Command in events. What i often did in scenarios is check whose turn it is, and if it is a specific AI turn then i change the rulevars specificly for that specific AI.
151) Fuzzy VP weight modifier (default=2)
The higher you set this value the more the AI will focus on moving towards VPs instead of towards hostile units.
152) AI Matrix Start Weight (default=2000)
Leave as is.
153) AI mobilize % defenders (default=20)
This % of units of the AI in a defensive situation will be mobilized
154) AI mobilize % attacker (default=50)
Same as 153 but then for the AI in an offensive situation.
155) Frontoccupation % (default=100)
If you set it to 100% the AI will try to occupy all hexes on the front with a unit. If you set it lower then it will leave more gaps in the line.
156) Infantry Vs Support Ratio (default=75)
If you set this lower the AIs infantry units will have more support equipment like MG, mortars and bazookas with them.
157) Armour Vs Infantry Ratio (default=75)
If you set this lower the AIs armour units will have more infantry support.
158) Arty Vs Infantry Ratio (default=75)
If you set this lower the AIs artillery units will have more infantry support.
161-163) Unitgoals for Defensive Plan (default = 30% arm, 60% inf, 10% art)
Here you can set what sort of unit mix the AI should try to have on a defensive front
164) Always mobilize armor (default=1)
This rulevar if active and set on 1 overrules rulevar 153 and 154 and makes the AI try to make sure all armoured units are always mobile
165) Always mobilize artillery (default=0)
same as 164, but then for artillery units.
171-173) Unitgoals for Offensive Plan (default = 50% arm, 30% inf, 20% art)
Same as rulevar 161-163, but then for fronts on which the AI is in the offensive.
181) Political Points Minimum (default=10)
If PP of AI is lower then this value the AI will try to produce some Political Points in its towns.
182) Minimum Stack Points in unit (default=10)
The AI will try to avoid to have unit with less stack points then this.
183) Enemy unit gets full danger score (default=10)
If you set this value higher i think enemy units will be ignored more and if you set it lower (but never to 0) then it will cause the AI to react more strongly to enemy power concentrations. I think (*recheck this for v1.1*)
184) Max Stack per unit (default=100)
The AI will try to not make units larger then this many stack points
191) Max distance from HQ (default=6)
This distance is used for AI decisions if it should create new tactical HQs for the frontlines. Set it higher to have less HQs
201) Each X prodpoints is 1 AIVP (default = 1000)
This determines howmany virtual extra VPs the AI sees for each location.
211) Do engineer bridge road plans (default = 1)
If 1 then the AI will try to build road and bridges. if 0 the AI will not try.
214) Mobilized Engineers (default=1)
If 1 then AI will try to moblized engineers, otherwise it won't.
215) ammount of EP in engineer unit before mobilize (default = 80)
If X EP generated per turn then mobilze.
216) Minimum AP improvement before engineers to landfront plan (default=50)
An AI frontsector only gets engineers assigned if they can improve the distance between source and target hex with X action points. Set this value higher if you want less AI engineer activity.
217) Minimum AP improvement before engineers to backplan (default=25)
Same as 216 but then for behind the frontline between neighbouring friendly towns/vps
221) Ai do Air (default=1)
Set to 0 if you dont want the AI to use any air.
222) Backbench multiplier (default = 2.5)
Set this value higher if you want the AI to produce more Rear Area SFTypes. Set it lower if you want it to produce less of those.
223) AI Air Hex Radius (default = 10)
The AI assumes this is the range of an airunit. (*recheck this for v1.1*)
224) Air to land ratio in powerpoints (default = 0.2)
Set higher if you want the AI to produce more AIR, set lower if you want AI to produce less AIR.
225) Focus on destroying units ( default = 0)
You can set the AI to have focus or extreme focus on destroying enemy units.
226) Research Investment ( default = 0.05 )
The higher you set this, the more PP for research the AI will produce.
227) Do Naval AI (default=1)
Set to 0 if you dont want the AI to do any naval ops.
230-242) Naval operations unit types
NavHome is the most defensive AI naval stance for an area
Raid is a bit more offensive
SeaSupriority is the phase where the AI is trying to get supremacy of the seas in an area
Amph is the phase where the AI is trying to get land units over
For each you can set the ideal composition of the fleet.
239) Ideal units in naval op (default =5 )
If you set it higher you will see more naval units, if you set it lower you will see less.
244) Behind lines continent reserve (default =25%)
if you set this higher the AI will try to prepare larger reserves for meeting enemy amphibious invasions.
245) Blow bridges (default = 1)
you can set blowing of bridges for ai off by setting this value to 0.
246) Neutral forces modifier (default = 0.2)
Set this lower if you want the AI to keep less reserves at borders with regimes it is not at war with.
247) Minimum Stack Points in unit optimally. (default = 20)
Closely related to 182. I advice to keep these two values closely related.
248) Random AI personality (default=1)
Set to 0 to switch off random AI personality. If it is on 1 the offensivemindedness, the air campaign mindedness and the researchmindedness of each seperate AI on the map will be randomized for each game.
249) Block AI of creating new units (default=0)
If you set to 1 the AI will not attempt to create new units.
250) Free autoprepair of 33% for AI (default=1)
You can switch this advantage off. I put it in because the AI does not use engineers good enough to repair towns manually.
251) Garrison modifier (default = 1)
If you set this higher the AI will defend airunits better.
252) Defense in depth (default = 1)
Set how deep the AI will garrison towns and vps behind the line. If you set this higher the AI will defend deeper.
253) Free land transfers (default = 0)
Set to 1 to switch off the free land transfers for the AI.
254) Set Defense in depth strength modifier ( default =1)
The higher you set this the larger the behind the line garrisons will become.
255) Disable use of staff (default =0)
If you set to 1 the AI will not attempt to use any staff or keep HQ close to units. Usefull if you make scenarios without staff.
256) Always defend large towns (default=10000)
AI will always defend towns with prodpoint equal or higher then set in this rulevar.