Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing the Area of a base?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Changing the Area of a base? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing the Area of a base? - 11/12/2007 4:10:52 PM   
heenanc

You can change the command of a base and it costs about 900 point what eefect does this have if any?!?
Post #: 1
RE: Changing the Area of a base? - 11/12/2007 7:34:54 PM   
okami

You will find that the cost is variable. Note you have no Southwest Pacific bases but you many units assigned. By changing the base that these units are at it increase their effieciency. They will be more likely to go on combat missions, draw replacements that sort of thing. Also their morale will be higher and regain faster at a base of their own command.

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing the Area of a base? - 11/12/2007 11:05:32 PM   
niceguy2005

The only affect I am aware of is that aircraft replacements are generated at the base of the same command 

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to okami)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing the Area of a base? - 11/12/2007 11:06:04 PM   
m10bob

For most of us, I suspect only changing one or 2 bases to "Southwest Pacific or Pacific" is all you will need to change. (After that, you become a victim of the law of diminishing returns.)
Any island you capture will automatically revert to an Allied base anyway..

(in reply to okami)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing the Area of a base? - 11/12/2007 11:28:50 PM   
Feinder

The "expensive" ones to convert, are teh ones already assigned to a restricted HQ (like OzCom).  If you're trying to convert say Tville to SWPac, it's 100x(2*AF + Port).  If you're trying to convert a non-restricted base (like Midway), it's 10x(2*AF + Port).

Frankly, there's very little value in converting bases, esp those in Oz.  While yes, it's true if you convert Tvill to SWPac (and then plunk the HQ there), your units will recover faster, and air replacements will appear closer (assuming you're trying to get planes into Port Moresby).  However, converting Tvill is about 1000pps, and for that, you can get "buy" about a half a division.  Also, converting a  base -from- OzCom, means that the OzCom squadrons can no longer use the base (if you convert Tville to SWPac, your OzCom sqnds can't land at Tvill any more!  Doh!).

Frankly, it's not usually worth the effort to convert bases.  You points are better spent converting LCUs, squadrons, and leaders.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing the Area of a base? - 11/13/2007 12:04:47 AM   
niceguy2005

It can be very worth planning ahead though.  I like to convert an Oz city close to PM early in the game, before it is built up.  With say Cairn, Brisbane and Darwin as SWPAC bases you can do quite well.  Before the game progresses too far along you'll be using PM and other captured bases as your real staging areas anyway.

IIRC doesn't Brisbane convert to SWPAC once SWPAC HQ arrives?

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Changing the Area of a base? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI