Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Escape From Menus?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hornet Leader PC >> Escape From Menus? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 12:38:05 AM   
LarryP

I have been playing the demo today and in the menus of play, there is no option to quit. In the full game, is this so, or is there an option to quit during the fighting phase?

There IS an option to quit from the main menu of course. I am referring only to the menus during combat and the selecting of weapons.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 10/31/2007 12:41:55 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 1:08:23 AM   
CptWasp

No way to quit, this is one of the problems I pointed out in another thread.

Cpt.Wasp

Member of the NWI staff (http://www.netwargamingitalia.net/)
Proud co-founder of Balena Ludens
(http://www.balenaludens.it/)

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 2
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 1:23:32 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: CptWasp

Then I will pass on this title. When you can't exit from a game, that's just plain... well... crummy.

Thanks!

(in reply to CptWasp)
Post #: 3
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 2:04:15 AM   
Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

Then I will pass on this title. When you can't exit from a game, that's just plain... well... crummy.

Thanks!

It was to discourage cheating, or something like that. Some of the missions are so short, if it were really easy to quit, you would just quit any time you got a bad roll and restart the mission over. This way you have to at least complete the 4 rounds.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 4
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 10:43:23 AM   
StormcloudCreations

Yep, there was an actual reason for not including this, and the missions themselves usually only take 5-10 minutes anyway, and it would have been more difficult to code and test, due to the amount of variables in each mission.

Derek
Lead Programmer of Hornet Leader PC
Mindtoy Games - Unique Strategy/Board/Card games for the PC - mindtoygames.com

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 5
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 11:35:05 AM   
CptWasp

I'm really without words :(

So: I'm playing my campaign, last mission; I must go away for some reason, or I need urgently email or skype... adieu, my campaign is ruined!!!!

IF the game could play in window or minimized I COULD agree (partially); but this isn't the case, no windowed mode AND when minimized the game very often crashes after some time, black screen and you must terminate it.

Give us more features please, and a way to save and quit, please. Most players will love that.

Cpt.Wasp

Member of the NWI staff (http://www.netwargamingitalia.net/)
Proud co-founder of Balena Ludens
(http://www.balenaludens.it/)

(in reply to StormcloudCreations)
Post #: 6
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 5:27:13 PM   
LarryP

quote:

I'm really without words :(

So: I'm playing my campaign, last mission; I must go away for some reason, or I need urgently email or skype... adieu, my campaign is ruined!!!!

IF the game could play in window or minimized I COULD agree (partially); but this isn't the case, no windowed mode AND when minimized the game very often crashes after some time, black screen and you must terminate it.

Give us more features please, and a way to save and quit, please. Most players will love that.

Hey, it's keeping me from buying the game. I don't have a single game that won't let me exit no matter where I am. I have well over a hundred commercial games too. Maybe closer to two hundred, I haven't counted. Thirty being Matrix titles alone.

However I do have to admit, the amount of bug posts are another reason I'm not buying.

(in reply to CptWasp)
Post #: 7
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 8:26:52 PM   
StormcloudCreations

LarryP: The "bugs" being reported are very small, and most of the ones that directly impact play and that you would see have been addressed with the 1.1 update, and any remaining will be be addressed, just as the others will.

At some point, yes, an exit/save thing may be added to the combat screen. We've listened to players so far, and will continue to do so.

Derek

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 8
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 8:46:51 PM   
dyoox01

Wow.

I guess anything can be a reason.

Post #: 9
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 8:47:32 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: StormcloudCreations

At some point, yes, an exit/save thing may be added to the combat screen. We've listened to players so far, and will continue to do so.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1596317
There still are a few little rare glitches here and there, but nothing huge or game-breaking, nothing that breaks game logic or makes it unplayable. They're the same glitch types that exist in 70% of Windows software ever published basically (and yes, I play a lot of games ).

That's a great thing for gamers to see. It's when developers don't listen that make a game a regret. Thank you.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 10/31/2007 8:52:25 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 9:32:59 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: dyoox01

Wow.

I guess anything can be a reason.

Your reply says to StormcloudCreations, but didn't you mean to reply to LarryP?

(in reply to dyoox01)
Post #: 11
RE: Escape From Menus? - 10/31/2007 10:59:19 PM   
dyoox01

yes.  The reply should have been to LarryP.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 12
RE: Escape From Menus? - 11/1/2007 12:17:48 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: dyoox01

yes. The reply should have been to LarryP.

Have you ever been in a game and need to get out for some reason? Email, bathroom, sick of the scenario, wife or girlfriend calls, chores, work, tired, doorbell, phone, or just want to stop?! Then you can't and you have to use ctrl+alt+delete keys to close down the program? It stinks. That's my #1 reason and it's a dang good one.

#2 are all the bug posts that have not yet been fixed.

Now if you would like to make a purchase and support this kind of programming, good. I choose not to.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 11/1/2007 12:19:27 AM >

(in reply to dyoox01)
Post #: 13
RE: Escape From Menus? - 11/1/2007 12:43:20 AM   
StormcloudCreations

#1: I think dyoox is trying to say it isn't a reason to totally discount the game altogether. It's something that can be added, if people feel its needed.

#2: Most reported are small bugs that are either rare or don't affect the gameplay itself really. Most games people pay $40-50 on the shelf for have more real, game-impacting bugs than this has, and yes I play enough games to know that for a fact.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course. But your reason may seem a bit "picky" to some (as with dyoox). You can read early on in the Support forum that bugs were quickly fixed, and addressed. We're here, and we're listening, and taking action, and THAT I think is worth making a purchase and supporting.

Derek

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 14
RE: Escape From Menus? - 11/1/2007 1:10:36 AM   
LarryP

quote:

#1: I think dyoox is trying to say it isn't a reason to totally discount the game altogether. It's something that can be added, if people feel its needed.

#2: Most reported are small bugs that are either rare or don't affect the gameplay itself really. Most games people pay $40-50 on the shelf for have more real, game-impacting bugs than this has, and yes I play enough games to know that for a fact.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course. But your reason may seem a bit "picky" to some (as with dyoox). You can read early on in the Support forum that bugs were quickly fixed, and addressed. We're here, and we're listening, and taking action, and THAT I think is worth making a purchase and supporting.

It's picky because many times with my disability, I have to quit a game. I can't sit for long at one time and I know I won't be coming back. If I can't exit the game then it is a major inconvenience for me. So that is a feature that is important to me.

Also, whether bugs are small or big, when I see so many bug posts, I am leery as I am tired of the attitude of "one more patch." Matrix seems to have many smaller developers now that maybe can't afford to beta test as long as they might should.

Post #: 15
RE: Escape From Menus? - 11/1/2007 6:06:06 AM   
StormcloudCreations

Ohh I see...sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, a quit or quit an save button will more than likely be added with the next patch. I too am not happy with "one more patch", but we did some fairly exhausting bug testing and beta testing before release, and had all really impacting bugs ironed out a week after release, and I plan on at least one more patch to add stuff. So hopefully you can factor that into your decision to buy or not. Most of the missions indiviually only take 5-10 minutes, and you can save after each one, so you wouldn't have to sit a long time.

Derek

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 16
RE: Escape From Menus? - 11/1/2007 5:28:14 PM   
LarryP

quote:

Ohh I see...sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, a quit or quit an save button will more than likely be added with the next patch. I too am not happy with "one more patch", but we did some fairly exhausting bug testing and beta testing before release, and had all really impacting bugs ironed out a week after release, and I plan on at least one more patch to add stuff. So hopefully you can factor that into your decision to buy or not. Most of the missions indiviually only take 5-10 minutes, and you can save after each one, so you wouldn't have to sit a long time.

I appreciate and LIKE your reply. I should have also said that when I played the demo, I did not know exactly what to do and I did not read the help like I should have. I was stuck in the combat menus for a long time. It's kind of embarrassing now. I had no exit from them and I wanted to come back later when I had more time to read the help (?). Good help is in each screen and that's an excellent feature. I just need to read them and then I may not be in them for so long.

I support developers that listen and work with the community. There are a few here that stand out from the rest. Then I know of one that stands below all others. There is a good variety! I'm pleased to see that you are communicating. Thanks.

I admit, I get a bit irritated when someone says I'm picky about a purchase, when most people would not ever buy a vehicle if the color is not exactly what they want. Even if it's a fantastic deal. As a consumer, we have the right to not buy something if it doesn't quite fit our tastes or needs and everyone is different in those ways.

I will watch this title and thanks again for your help.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hornet Leader PC >> Escape From Menus? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI