Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Availability of boxed copy??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Availability of boxed copy?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 3:22:47 PM   
dave74

Hey Guys,

Just wondering when the boxed copy of this game will be made available? I am itching to buy this game but i really prefer to do d/l now and boxed copy later. I bought FoF and ACW without boxed copys and regret those decisions to be honest.

Love the potential flexibility of this game, will definately purchase when i can get a boxed copy!
Post #: 1
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 3:54:11 PM   
JudgeDredd

Dave

I gather that you are able to purchase the download version now and "upgrade" to the boxed version for $10 (or region equivelant) when it's available. Matrix Games are offering this option as a one off for this title and Hornet Leader because of a delay in producing the manuals.

So you can buy the download version now, and upgrade to the boxed version when it's available.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 2
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 4:23:14 PM   
panzer3

I understand what Judge says but I would prefer to buy download and boxed at the same time and then forget about it. So when can I do both at the same time?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 4:46:10 PM   
JudgeDredd

There isn't an "official" answer under normal cirsumstances, nevermind with the issues Matrix have hit at present.

Generally speaking, there is no hard and fast rule about when a boxed copy of a game becomes available.

In the past I generally found that boxed copies became available 1-2 weeks after DD release, but that isn't the case at the moment due to the printing issue. As a guide, Hornet Leader was released 20 days ago and still no sign of the boxed version.

I would highly recommend you DD now and get boxed copy later. It WILL be available, and at the price you expect. There are no additional charges...that is if you bought DD now and "upgraded" to the boxed version when it became available, you would pay no more than if you waited for the boxed copy to be available.

Anyway, I'm not an official Matrix spokeperson. I'm just giving you my experiences from past purchases to try and give you an idea.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to panzer3)
Post #: 4
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 5:10:31 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

There isn't an "official" answer under normal cirsumstances, nevermind with the issues Matrix have hit at present.

Generally speaking, there is no hard and fast rule about when a boxed copy of a game becomes available.

In the past I generally found that boxed copies became available 1-2 weeks after DD release, but that isn't the case at the moment due to the printing issue. As a guide, Hornet Leader was released 20 days ago and still no sign of the boxed version.

I would highly recommend you DD now and get boxed copy later. It WILL be available, and at the price you expect. There are no additional charges...that is if you bought DD now and "upgraded" to the boxed version when it became available, you would pay no more than if you waited for the boxed copy to be available.

Anyway, I'm not an official Matrix spokeperson. I'm just giving you my experiences from past purchases to try and give you an idea.

If I hadn't bought it yesterday, you would have just pushed me over the edge today!

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 6:09:17 PM   
dave74

Thanks Judge,

Thats all i need to know. My purchase will follow shortly!!

(in reply to panzer3)
Post #: 6
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 6:28:33 PM   
dave74

downloading now

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 7
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 7:18:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just to chime in, what Judge said is pretty much spot on. We've been dealing with some delays and other issues with our normally reliable printer, so we're working as fast as we can to iron those out (for obvious reasons) with Christmas approaching and many releases on the schedule.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 8
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/29/2007 7:45:03 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just to chime in, what Judge said is pretty much spot on. We've been dealing with some delays and other issues with our normally reliable printer, so we're working as fast as we can to iron those out (for obvious reasons) with Christmas approaching and many releases on the schedule.

I thought for a moment Judge was working for Matrix undercover. I always buy the physical copy with download now, and I am glad that it will happen in a few weeks. When you had the FoF manual and CD offer afterwards, it was an excellent deal! I jumped on it.

Many releases on schedule??? Great, my Mastercard will NEVER get paid off this year!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/30/2007 1:49:16 AM   
CTB123

I too hope that Matrix is able to work out a way to offer DD now and hard copy with manual latter with all releases.

Tony

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 10
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/30/2007 2:10:43 AM   
Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: CTB123

I too hope that Matrix is able to work out a way to offer DD now and hard copy with manual latter with all releases.

Tony

Me too, but after two games with this intent... I'm beginning to realize maybe I don't need boxes and manuals after all (Heck I've already broken down and printed both manuals anyway). Plus Im at $20 now.. add a 3rd title soon to be released and I can almost afford a whole nother game if I forego the upgrades.

So Matrixes real plot here begins to unfold to me...

PS. The one need I don't think anyone will ever conquer though is my need to collect things. Call it a remnant of the 'ole days but one need I seem to have is to gaze upon my collection of wargames!

(in reply to CTB123)
Post #: 11
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/30/2007 2:21:36 AM   
ravinhood

Something I usually wait until the end of November to do or first of December is drain my change savings over the year. I've got $131 to spend on something this year out of my changes jars. It's my budget money for NEW supposedly INNOVATING computer games, but, I haven't seen any all year long this year that gave me that "GOTTA HAVE IT" feeling. When I look at the Matrixgames releases this year I see "Harpoon", "Close Combat", John Tillers "Campaings" and so all repeats of something old "yawn". Actually what did we get out of Matrixgames this year that was NEW an INNOVATING and didn't have something in the title that was in titles previously excluding the recent release of "Advanced Tactics"? Can't count AEGOD's Civil War because they are just distributing that they didn't help develop it. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, now I remember that Slitherine game something something command something. lol The player reviews of that aren't very good from what I've read. But, I guess you could call that NEW eh? Wait, but, doesn't it look like PANZER GENERAL? ;) Yeah Yeah I read Trotters sugar coated milk review and this is the first time I've ever disagreed with his review of a game. Too many player reviews say differently this time. So, what else did I miss? ;)

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 12
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 10/30/2007 10:51:24 AM   
JudgeDredd

Once again RH finds the time to keep a topic on topic.

All bow before the king of all Tossers

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 13
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/13/2007 6:06:02 PM   
Jim_H

Oh, never mind. I can't be bothered getting into it. Don't feed trolls...don't feed trolls....don't feed....

Jim

< Message edited by Jim_H -- 11/13/2007 6:07:58 PM >

2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 14
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/13/2007 6:43:44 PM   
JAMiAM

For what it's worth, the physical shipment, plus download, was available over a week ago when I first bought the game. At least it was in the US store. I went ahead, ordered it, downloaded and installed it on my laptop and desktop and haven't looked back. I have full faith that someday, the physical shipment will arrive, but so far I've already logged in about a hundred hours on this game and feel it money that was exceptionally well-spent.

Anyone who is "waiting" is either making excuses, or is ordering from a locale where the store option to buy both is not available. Just my 0.02 and log to throw on the fire...

(in reply to Jim_H)
Post #: 15
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/13/2007 6:48:41 PM   
Max 86

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

For what it's worth, the physical shipment, plus download, was available over a week ago when I first bought the game. At least it was in the US store. I went ahead, ordered it, downloaded and installed it on my laptop and desktop and haven't looked back. I have full faith that someday, the physical shipment will arrive, but so far I've already logged in about a hundred hours on this game and feel it money that was exceptionally well-spent.

Anyone who is "waiting" is either making excuses, or is ordering from a locale where the store option to buy both is not available. Just my 0.02 and log to throw on the fire...

Same here. I have never had a problem with Matrix purchases being delivered.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 16
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/13/2007 6:54:45 PM   
LarryP

quote:

I bought the game when it came out and the download was the only option in the US. I just looked and it still is. No physical shipment for the US when I go there?!

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 17
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/13/2007 7:14:26 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

I bought the game when it came out and the download was the only option in the US. I just looked and it still is. No physical shipment for the US when I go there?!

You are indeed correct. The download version is the only one showing at the moment. My apologies.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 18
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/13/2007 7:31:57 PM   
Jestre

quote:

Or maybe they just like to have a manual with the game from the start and not have to print one or keep alt/tabbing back and forth. I would love to have the game with manual right now, no excuses and would pay the appropriate price. Live and let live dude...

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 19
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/13/2007 11:44:10 PM   
Erik Rutins

The physical versions were "live" for one day due to a glitch. Don't worry though, if you ordered during that time you'll get your physical copy once it's available. We've just turned them off again until we actually have stock to avoid folks who've already ordered getting too impatient.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Jestre)
Post #: 20
RE: Availability of boxed copy?? - 11/14/2007 5:17:36 PM   
LarryP

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

You are indeed correct. The download version is the only one showing at the moment. My apologies.

You probably bought the one day Erik says they were available. Good timing! We both were right.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Availability of boxed copy?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI