Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
editor? - 10/27/2007 7:03:51 PM   
freeboy

Hi vic or other users, I re read in the manual regarding the <0 for art iand it say subformation can have this as part of there parameters. is this correct?

That would be great to allow me a tactics version.. where art is long range , int two to four tanks at 1 to 20 etc ..

Cannot wait for some free time to edit ( of course my weekend is BOOKED solid!) I need to play with the editor expecially after dl the free scen covering the entire war!
Post #: 1
RE: editor? - 10/27/2007 7:09:34 PM   
Vic

yes, but keep in mind that AT does not support Line of Sight rules.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: editor? - 10/27/2007 7:22:41 PM   
seille

Hello Freeboy,

A good tip to learn how to use the editor well is to play a scenario until you know it and then open it in the editor and study the settings.
This is very helpful especially for how to use events and the code there, but also for all other settings and relations.
Just in case the manual doesn´t help in all questions.
I learned it this way. I studied the settings and event code from Vic´s and Twebers scenarios. "Russia 1941" for example.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: editor? - 10/27/2007 8:03:15 PM   
freeboy

there are some interesting scens in games home page, I was impressed by the entire war one, but it has some kinks, for instance the brits can open the strat screan and declare war on USA, etc.. can there be a Frozen plaer till activated by dow or event? seems there already is but I was thinking of the Pearl Harbor event... Seems Jap player could get a choice, try to sink US fleat, including but not neccessarilly CV's at thet risk of sudden US increase in at war builds simulating moral from post Peal etc.. anywho, I am now off to the Denver Airport, built ion Kansas for those who do not know LOL, for the second time today! And I am not even leaving ! What? Must be playoff time!
Go AVES GO Rockies lol!

Since I lived in NY and Boston, These types of World series are tough to be a fan!

ok, back on track... very excited about the editor, will be playing with it later ..
thanks again.

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 4
RE: editor? - 10/27/2007 8:09:41 PM   
freeboy

Vic per line of Sight.. in a Napolionics game, needed at a minumum lt and med and heavy infantry. ability to square, line column. .. Inf in Square, that always is goofy as it helps agaisnt Cavalry and hurts against all others.. Cavalry and  artillery. Seems this would be easy enough. Good point re the elevation.. ok, I will be thinking on this all day while out and about and maybe have an answer to the inf in Sq issue for tactical napolionics.
What about the use of a generic Square unit, with a non removable sub unit? same with column and line.. units would need to be created on the map simulating the time and cost to change formation.s and house rules for the intrinsick sub units used to give the appropriate qualities... will work on this thought later.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI