huge problem please help

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: alexs

ffbrh25

huge problem please help

Post by ffbrh25 »

Everytime i try to play a scenerio, a wondows error screen comes up asn says it must close, doesm't even get into the game, whats going on. i bought the game over the internet and let it download and now i can only play a tutorial, no actual game any ideas? thanks upset
Mark71

RE: huge problem please help

Post by Mark71 »

I think posting a dxdiag-report (sticky at top of this support forum) might give people a clue as to what might be wrong.
the poster formerly known as Murky71
ffbrh25

Post by ffbrh25 »

i ran the dxdiag-report i just uploaded it. thanks

I open the page to the game fomr desktop, then go to "play battles in normandy " from there i push " start new game " from there it goes into a screen with " select battle folder from b... " which then gives me choices of battles i click on one then i push the " play the scenerior " button from there it goes into the option screen for human or computer ops ect... i push nothing in that screen just "start game" from there it goes into a short story about the battle then the " start turn 1 " button , from there black screen like its loading then i get an error message thats says " battlesinnormandy.exe has encoutered o problem and needs to clese. sorry for the inconvenience " from microsft. i then push the send the error report and it goes thru button havent heard anything back either. SO thats the whole sep by step what i do to try to play this game. so for 60 plus dollars this is getting very annoying. do i need to reload this game or what. i downloaded it from this website so any ideas? thanks
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(48.73 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
JSS

Post by JSS »

Probably need AlexS or someone from the Matrix support staff to read the DXdiag file to determine if this is a system or install problem.

BiN comes with two Battles (BiN and TAO4)... did you try to start a game of TAO4?   One thing players have problems with from time to time is if the scenariopicts.xcr is missing/corrupt, you get the black screen and then CTD.   

Have you tried downloading any of the custom scenarios from Run5?   Would be interested to hear if these work for you or not.
Mark71

Post by Mark71 »

Reading dxdiag-files isn't my expertise either, but what I do notice is that your graphics and sound-drivers are from 2006. Updating these may have some positive effect.

If this doesn't help, you could try e-mailing support@matrixgames.com
the poster formerly known as Murky71
ffbrh25

Post by ffbrh25 »

well i emailed support so maybe i will hear something that will help, if not who do i get in touch with to get a return? thanks again for helping
cesteman

Post by cesteman »

read the above post :) It's giving you your first place to start! Good luc.

Return to “Battles In Normandy Support”