Thinking of giving this a go...

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

dave74

Thinking of giving this a go...

Post by dave74 »

I am thinking of giving this game a go, but would like a few opinions from some of you more experienced players as to wether i will enjoy or not...

1) Can you play games just as the coach or do you 'act out the plays' similar to the madden games ?.

2) How easy is it to create your own leagues and teams ? (I like the idea of designing my own teams and watching them over several seasons)

3) I am not an expert on american football, i watch a game a week here in the uk and have had an interest since the early eighties - i understand the most, but not every single rule. Will this stop my enjoyment of this game?

4) Is it neccesary to design your own plays? or can you select playbooks and use them?

Thanks in anticipation guys.
Deft

RE: Thinking of giving this a go...

Post by Deft »

I will see if I can answer your questions:

1) Yes. The game is most accurate when coached and for me the most enjoyable. But you can play arcade style.

2) It is very easy to create your own leagues and teams. The game has a more open source feel to it. So things you expect in other games like league creation wizards are not here, but its not difficult to create.

3) There are many resources on-line for understanding American and Canadian football rules and strategies.  I am sure some other football experts will post them shortly.

4) The latest version comes with plays and playbooks, but creating your own plays is the best part of this game.

dave74

Post by dave74 »

Thanks Deft,

The only thing bothering me is my lack of knowledge for making plays. I suppose the only way to learn that is to give it a go.
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

Also if you go to fbmax.com , you`ll see all sorts of customization that you can add to the game . Theres 2 area on that site . Theres the introduction area , where everything is sorted like uniforms and such . Also near top see where it says unsorted , if you click on there .Theres other uniforms and more recent playbooks that people have created .I`d say there might be close to over 500 uniforms made on both sites . Of allthe american and canadian pro and colleges . Plus some janpaneese high school or corporate teams i made for some one . Several people and i ,have messed around with stadiums of teams . Game comes with 5 basic stadiums . 3 outdoors , 1 arena and 1 dome stadium . Before thr 2.0 i was able to use the 40 custom stadiums we all made .But i believe my video card is not up to par with current game because now if i use them i either get just the field and blue sky , so pretty sure its card . But game still playable by turning down shadows and resolutin in the game . Well i hope this helps , welcome to the football jungle here . Everyone here , on this board is very helpful , so if you got a question someone can certainly help.
DONMVP
JasonnTN

Post by JasonnTN »

Does anyone know if those stadiums will work with 2.0?
DreamTeams

Post by DreamTeams »

I used the Merenge Stadium, Merenge Double Deck Stadium and Sports Field as a base to custom create 23 stadiums for my solo league. All of them still work great in MF2.
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

I know stock stadiums do and a few that i made using stadium1 seemed to show , but like i said last post my vid card is not up to stuff . Until i can buy a better one i`ll use stock ones . In spare time i`ve messed around made anywhere from 40 to 90 different stadiums using stadiums that someone opened up the file . Changed scoreboards and put advertising around . Found old stadiums from 50 and 60s and used there scoreboards or took there big game clocks off and put into scoreboards . Almost all custom stadiums at fbmax can be changed just by using art programs and copy and pasting .
DONMVP
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

This is a scoreboard i made using unpacked eastern stadium

Attachments
s10.jpg
s10.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 47 times
DONMVP
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

the commonwealth i used with stadium used s10 scoreboard this one here i also made from eastern stadium . Plus you can do other thing with cheerleaders and walls . I made one stadium with a small cannon and 2 mounties firing it , put it into pic with cheerleaders . ALSO MADE ICY WALLS like they had at tulane stadium in 60`s . Let me say if i can do that anyone can , because what talent and things i knew about graphics was very low before i bought game . Learned a lot from the guys on here .Maybe when i get chance `ill download all stadiums i`ve made to fbmax for others to enjoy .

Attachments
s24.jpg
s24.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 46 times
DONMVP
simmer

Post by simmer »

The created stadiums work great.

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”