From: Combat Information Center
Yes, you read the title right!
The Das Reich Campaign has been updated to Enhanced status!
Some disclaimers, first:
1. I can't guarantee that "gameplay" isn't affected by this conversion; the original 8.3 mech.exe is different in some aspects than the Enhanced mech.exe, as you all know. Some of those differences may cause the "expected" result to not be the actual result.
2. For the most part, conversion was limited to simple replacements of the original units with their Enhanced counterparts. However, in some cases, the originals were replaced with substitutes, as there was no counterpart in the Enhanced OOBs. An example of this would be the WP artillery for the US; it was removed from Enhanced because it did not work correctly, but there is one battle in Das Reich that used it. As a result, these were replaced by normal artillery pieces.
3. A number of errors were discovered and corrected; most were "missing" AUX units. Also, a few formations were replaced by newer ones, resulting a slightly different mix of units. A good example would be the original US Rifle Companies; they had a section of 2 60mm Mortar units, and a .30cal MMG unit attached directly to each platoon. The Enhanced formation has a Weapons Platoon, containing a Platoon HQ, 2 MMG units, and 3 60mm Mortar units. The original Mortar Sections were deleted and replaced by these new Weapon Platoons.
4. The texts files were cleaned up a bit, and some spelling errors fixed (probably still missed some).
5. The basic campaign data has been reworked, with the starting Build Points reduced; this was due to the Enhanced version having lower cost units overall, and this reduction was to keep the "core force" limit of 1 SS Kompanie and 1 Panzer Platoon in place. Additionally, the Rebuild/Repair points were reduced by about 30% for the same reason.
Now, this revision has NOT been re-playtested, so if the playbalance is off, or something looks wrong, please let me know and I'll try and fix the problem.
Hope everyone enjoys a "new" Das Reich experience!
LINK to ENH Das Reich Campaign: http://www.mediafire.com/?1oxtjdmzbjp
LINK to The Depot's Enhanced area for file download: http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=137966#137966