What music are you listening to now?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Gem35

What music are you listening to now?

Post by Gem35 »

Cold, one of my all-time favorite bands.
13 ways to bleed on stage.
A Different kind of Pain
Year of the Spider
Self-titled
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
ilovestrategy

RE: What music are you listening to now?

Post by ilovestrategy »

"Peaches" by the Presidents of the United States of America.
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Dunno what it is, but when things are a little quiet on the board, it just seems to show. [:D]
Formerly Goodwood

Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Well mate, I prefer peace and quiet to the recent rancour.

Having said that, I'm listening to some hard Psy-trance, getting pumped up to go out [:'(]

I'm watching the Collingwood play Sydney in the footy too. Unbelievable 3 point win by Hawthorn over Adelaide in the 1st Elimination Final today. "Buddy" Franklin icing the game from 50 metres on the angle. Class under pressure. [8D]

Also tonight, the Cowboys and the Bulldogs in the NRL...Australia vs Japan in the Rugby World Cup. As Roy and HG would say, "Another weekend where too much sport is barely enough!" [:D]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

It's sort of a guitar rock period for me right now. So, Black Label Society, the Black Keys, and the new Velvet Revolver and Ben Harper. Also, the new Ryan Adams and Talib Kweli, for something a little different.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

It's sort of a guitar rock period for me right now. So, Black Label Society, the Black Keys, and the new Velvet Revolver and Ben Harper. Also, the new Ryan Adams and Talib Kweli, for something a little different.
BLS is pretty full-on but I'm an old metal-head so that's cool. My Mum used to refuse to wash my Slayer t-shirts. [:D]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

I'm listening to the best music ever made....Country from the 60's & early 70's. ;) Yore cheatin Harrrt weel tell on uuuuuuuuuuu.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Neilster

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I'm listening to the best music ever made....Country from the 60's & early 70's. ;) Yore cheatin Harrrt weel tell on uuuuuuuuuuu.
"We've got both kinds: Country AND Western!". Blues Brothers [:D]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
sprior

Post by sprior »

Listening to India/England game on Radio 5 Live.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

Bob Dylan.....Bob Dylan and more Bob Dylan[&o][&o]
mack2

Post by mack2 »

http://www.last.fm/user/MackTheKnifeAU2/

Sex PistolsAnarchy in the UK
cossssssssssss iiiiiii wannnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa beeee anarchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

The Gunny's mix of musical tastes is eclectic, to say the least. One moment I might be jamming to my favorites (The Rolling Stones), but the next might find me enjoying the astonishing vocal talent of the late Pavarotti (Nessun Dorma is just transcendent).

Throw in some classic Johnny Cash or Bob Marley or even Enya and you'll get a sampling of the KG party mix. In other words, I'm all over the musical map.

sprior

Post by sprior »

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

The Gunny's mix of musical tastes is eclectic, to say the least. One moment I might be jamming to my favorites (The Rolling Stones), but the next might find me enjoying the astonishing vocal talent of the late Pavarotti (Nessun Dorma is just transcendent).

Throw in some classic Johnny Cash or Bob Marley or even Enya and you'll get a sampling of the KG party mix. In other words, I'm all over the musical map.

Nessun Dorma no more

I'm all over the map too. Been listening to Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and Neal Morse recently. Also started on the Aubrey/Maturin series on CD too during my commute.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: mack2

http://www.last.fm/user/MackTheKnifeAU2/

Sex PistolsAnarchy in the UK
cossssssssssss iiiiiii wannnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa beeee anarchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The Sex Pistols were cool, but I prefer an originator of what later became known as "punk rock" : Iggy and the Stooges ("The Stooges", "Funhouse" & "Raw Power").

The original Stooges (minus the late Dave Alexander) reunited in 2003 and are still touring. Several live performances can be found on You Tube. A classic rendition of "No Fun", with Iggy inviting the audience onstage, is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZYPriCxvoI
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

I also like to listen to Enigma when I'm playing wargames. I swear I think Medieval Total War uses some of their work. At times I like to listen to Yanni as well. I remember when it was nothing but rock n roll in my teens and then one day I woke up from that bad dream. ;) Now of course I mean hard rock rock n roll. I still like soft rock like Pink Floyd and Moody Blues. But, I never got into Steppin Wolfe or that group that sang I AM IRON MAN dang can't remember their names. lol Wasn't Ozzie osborne a member of it? lol I think hard rock is a waste of energy and breath kinda like I do 99.9% of all Rapp. But, to each their own. So, I'll leave you with "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to, Cry if I want to" lol
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

shunwick

Post by shunwick »

Kashmir - Led Zepplin.

Best wishes,
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I also like to listen to Enigma when I'm playing wargames. I swear I think Medieval Total War uses some of their work. At times I like to listen to Yanni as well. I remember when it was nothing but rock n roll in my teens and then one day I woke up from that bad dream. ;) Now of course I mean hard rock rock n roll. I still like soft rock like Pink Floyd and Moody Blues. But, I never got into Steppin Wolfe or that group that sang I AM IRON MAN dang can't remember their names. lol Wasn't Ozzie osborne a member of it? lol I think hard rock is a waste of energy and breath kinda like I do 99.9% of all Rapp. But, to each their own. So, I'll leave you with "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to, Cry if I want to" lol

So, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and the like never appealed to you? I suppose my teenage angst needed to be expressed through hard rock and early punk.

As many of you know, I played in bands for many years, starting when I was a senior in high school. The rock n roll attitude has shaped much of my life, but it remains an inner struggle with the ingrained value system of my parents, which was conservative and conventional.
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

Been listening to Reverend, formerly Metal Church. They're probably on Social Security by now lol. Going to be playing Evanescence...just bought $400 tickets for my 13 year old Daughter for her excellent academic skills[:)]. We have similar tastes...who knows, i might even like them. My Daughter has turned me on to Flyleaf, Otep, Hatebreed, Slipknot, Drowning Pool and Crisis to name a few. She got AC/DC, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath(& Ozzy), Testament, Megadeth and Metallica from me. The "Batch", Choppin' and Bee-Toven went over her head[;)].
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

Mmmm Let see.... Hawkwind, The Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Enigma, Druid and lotsa Trancy floaty offy stuff from Jean Michelle Wossname and Vangelis... to name but a few.

It really depends on what I am doing at the time.  If I am doing graphics work then its Trancy Floaty Offy, Programming its The Moody Blues / Pink Floyd and if I am wargaming its a random choice though I try to keep it upbeat as I know I am gong to lose what ever battle I am fighting and it helps balance out the come down [:D]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Trancy floaty offy stuff from Jean Michelle Wossname
Jarre...awesome music. Oxygene and Equinox are superb when one is in a "Trancy floaty" mood[;)].
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Return to “General Discussion”