Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RC B29

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: RC B29 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RC B29 - 9/6/2007 6:08:26 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

What country does that RC B-52 fly in, Reg?

Britain (apparently - judging from video of the take off and crash I found at "YouTube" and other info I found while I was searhing for it on "Google")...

BTW, the picture on tarmac shows 100% British aircraft (like "Comet" and "Vulcan" - those are usually not interesting ones to build outside UK )!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 31
RE: RC B29 - 9/6/2007 6:13:13 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

What country does that RC B-52 fly in, Reg?

Britain (apparently - judging from video of the take off and crash I found at "YouTube" and other info I found while I was searhing for it on "Google")...

BTW, the picture on tarmac shows 100% British aircraft (like "Comet" and "Vulcan" - those are usually not interesting ones to build outside UK )!

Leo "Apollo11"

Well, aside from the KLM bird...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 32
RE: RC B29 - 9/13/2007 8:08:08 PM   
mikemike

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Rich men and their toys.......
Nice that these guys can share their toys with the rest of us.......

That doesn't follow, m10bob. People can sink astounding amounts of money into their hobbies. I once saw a TV documentary about extreme modellers, and one of them was a man in his early sixties who had built RC planes for decades. He was shown building a 1/10th scale model of a 747, powered by gas turbines. Not a rich man, but he put all his spare money into his hobby, including a very well equipped workshop. Or take all those model railroaders, average guys, who fill their basements with model railroads (some even build houses with basements expressly designed for the model railroad of their dreams). They put in literally decades to build the things, and you'd be surprised at how much money goes into it in total, what with decent model locos costing anywhere from $200 to $1500 for 1/87 scale models. Yeah, I remember that in the early sixties you could buy a Maerklin loco for the equivalent of $15; nowadays the same model would cost you probably $350. Times (and prices) have changed.

DON´T PANIC - IT´S ALL JUST ONES AND ZEROES!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 33
RE: RC B29 - 9/15/2007 3:37:51 AM   
DaveB

Jet engines for RC planes are well established, pick up an RC mag and check the adverts... a few grand to buy all the stuff mind, and unless you learn to fly them first then it's a lot to shell out on a disposable airplane <g>
The cheaper way to do it is to go for EDF (Electric ducted fan) where an electric motor in a tube (essentially) drives a small prop... plenty of cheap models around, the aircraft tend to be made of foam (expanded poly foam, elapor, that sort orf stuff) and with the fairly recent availability of cheap but powerful brushless motors and lightweight LiPo battery packs they're pretty flyable these days.

The best B-29 RC model I've seen videos of is seen at airshows now and then - I think it was at the 2007 Lakeland (FLorida) show for example - it's a B-29 with an X-1 (Chuck Yeager's mach 1 ship) slung underneath, the X-1 drops from the B-29 in flight and zooms off courtesy of a rocket up it's bottom. The Comet in the photo earlier in this thread is a real beaut, isn't it?

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 34
RE: RC B29 - 9/15/2007 10:50:07 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveB

The best B-29 RC model I've seen videos of is seen at airshows now and then - I think it was at the 2007 Lakeland (FLorida) show for example - it's a B-29 with an X-1 (Chuck Yeager's mach 1 ship) slung underneath, the X-1 drops from the B-29 in flight and zooms off courtesy of a rocket up it's bottom. The Comet in the photo earlier in this thread is a real beaut, isn't it?

I have seen that video - great stuff (but I think that vieo i saw was prior to 2007)!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to DaveB)
Post #: 35
RE: RC B29 - 9/17/2007 8:18:39 PM   
panda124c

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

r/cturbo fan
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

Very cool. Can they do a mini turbo fan yet?

I don't think they do, it's probably far too complicated to make a working one at that sort of scale. As for the 'plane, it is rather spiffy

Try Ducted Fan, instead of turbo fan, those itty bitty blades are the killer.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 36
RE: RC B29 - 1/30/2018 1:59:52 AM   
ztwoem

it is good idea, i like

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 37
RE: RC B52 - 1/30/2018 2:02:22 AM   
ztwoem

thank you, i like them

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: RC B29 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI