Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Guns of August Update Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> New Guns of August Update Now Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 8:46:52 AM   
Alex Fiedler

The Guns of August boom with the new v1.10 patch release

Matrix Games and Adanac Command Studies are happy to announce that a new update is now available for the WWI grand strategy game, Guns of August, is now available. This new 1.10 update adds support for 1280 x 1024 and 1280x800 resolutions, adds new markers to denote damaged units, improved ease of use for amphibious operations, easier on-map refits and addresses all reported issues to date. A print-friendly version of the manual is also included in the update.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Guns of August is already a smooth playing and accurate representation of World War I. This latest update further tweaks and improves a game that any grand strategy fan will surely enjoy.”

Frank Hunter of Adanac Command Studies also added, “I’d like to thank the Guns of August fans for their continued support. I hope this update continues to foster the growth of this dedicated community.

Guns of August puts players in command of waging World War I at a grand strategic scale from Paris to Baghdad. The entire Western, Eastern, Italian and Balkan fronts are included as are the three fronts of the Ottoman Empire. Production, Combat, Diplomacy, Research, Trenches, Fog of War - Land, Sea and Air combat are all included! Use land units like infantry corps complete with separate artillery units for precisely directing barrages on the enemy’s line. As time goes on, players must deal with changing combat situations like the introduction of Stossstruppen and even mighty tanks charging through lines to break through the stalemate! Guns of August fully supports a robust AI to fight against or play by email. Step back to the early 20th Century and hear the Guns of August!

The 1.10 update is comprehensive and is available at Matrix Games.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=331

Post #: 1
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 10:09:58 AM   
Noakesy

Excellent - did I see somewhere that you've put a printer friendly manual update and FAQ into this? The support on this product has been very good.

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 10:44:17 AM   
Szilard

Is it the same as the last beta? Seems to have same ver number - just want to avoid re-downloading if I don't have to.

(in reply to Noakesy)
Post #: 3
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 11:14:54 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Szilard

Is it the same as the last beta? Seems to have same ver number - just want to avoid re-downloading if I don't have to.

We generally advise to download the official patch version whenever it is out, while it most possibly be the same as the last public beta release a few tings might have changed last minute that make it different.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to Szilard)
Post #: 4
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 2:38:39 PM   
SMK-at-work

Is this compatible with existing saved games?

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 5
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 5:08:05 PM   
hjaco

I am currently in a PBEM game where Russia is having consistently supply problems all over Russia i.e. average of 5 ?

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 6
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 5:11:10 PM   
hjaco

quote:

ORIGINAL: hjaco

I am currently in a PBEM game where Russia is having consistently supply problems all over Russia i.e. average of 5 ?

with average of 5 i mean supply level of around 5. Even in the desert its better.

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 7
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/29/2007 5:50:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

There was one additional scenario fix since the last version of the public beta, so I would redownload, yes.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 8
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 8/30/2007 12:08:43 AM   
CLEVELAND

The new infantry refit method is very nice. 

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 9/2/2007 3:18:24 AM   
James Ward

Why do I need my s/n to install the update? Doesn't the game remember it during the install?

(in reply to CLEVELAND)
Post #: 10
RE: New Guns of August Update Now Available! - 9/6/2007 12:47:25 AM   
Panama Red

James Ward:
NO, it is also a security measure to ensure that you have really purchased the game and not just copied it from a friend.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> New Guns of August Update Now Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI