The Countdown begins!

This new Commander's Edition of Harpoon Classic includes land units, neutral and unknown sides, an improved radar and area ECM model and a host of other improvements. Rounding that out are over 200 scenarios and the WestPac Battleset. Try out this great new version of the classic Harpoon!
uncleharpoon

The Countdown begins!

Post by uncleharpoon »

AGSI, in concert with Matrix Games, has finished edits on the manual today. We should now be about four weeks from shipping. Stand by for the official press release from Matrix Games.

And...we (Matrix and AGSI) are looking for a Sysop for this forum. If you want to apply, send me a note as to why you are qualfied and I'll send that along with my comments to Matrix for their consideration.
mack2

RE: The Countdown begins!

Post by mack2 »

Awesome.

ps, thanks for the PM tonye, for some reason I could not send a reply :/
dyoox01

Post by dyoox01 »

Great news! But,it's still a month away? [8|]
EXRANPO

Post by EXRANPO »

Deja Vu

Am happy to hear the news but greet it with some degree of trepidation.... seems to me it was a month away about a month ago.....

I shall, as always, sit and wait for the game to be published as I have for some years and try to remain patient.

casquid1027

Post by casquid1027 »

Where and when will this game be released? "The world wonders..." I am anxiously awaiting with a worm on my tongue...
BlindOldUmp

Post by BlindOldUmp »

Ok - that announcement was posted on the 28th of August. 30 days from then would be the 27th of September. Right ?? So just to make sure HCCE gets the right hype (Not that it needs any Hype) Matrix will put up the **Announcing!!!!** page 2 weeks in advance....... hmmm - That means that on Wednsday September 12 (Or there-abouts) we should see another official announcement of some kind - This time from Matrix. Does that sound about right or should I put my Crystal Ball(tm) away again ......... ??? [8|]

--
"Patience is the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties. ..."
It is a required asset when dealing with software development.

[%-{)> T-Rex <><
aka Skip Reed
EXRANPO

Post by EXRANPO »

Skip,

I get the feeling it would not be prudent to be holding your breath whilst waiting. Whilst blue is a great colour for a uniform it does not make a good skin tone.

I somehow get the feeling that it will be advertised and released when Matrix is good and ready and not with any sense of urgency in order to meet the needs of those who will actually be buying the game.

uncleharpoon

Post by uncleharpoon »

Howdy
&nbsp;
The time to create PRINTED MANUALS for those wishing to add some heft to the box is well worth it!!!&nbsp; Of course there may be issues at the printers or some odd thing but we are simply waiting on basic logistics now - not debugging or coding issues.&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
cuthbo2001

Post by cuthbo2001 »

What's the time frame now I've lost track! I know HCCE is an improvement upon HC but do we have to add authenticity by moving at the same speed as evolution?&nbsp;
BlindOldUmp

Post by BlindOldUmp »

Well It's the 12 - though it isn't quite midnight yet ....... so I guess I'll put my Crystal Ball(tm) away. I guess it was foggy - No real surprise there. [:(] Should be downloading by the End of September 2007 according to the last official word though so maybe we can get our credit cards out of the freezer ...... Don't do it on my account though. I kinda feel like the one vulture who told the other vulture in the middle of a drought that Patience was somewhat over-rated & he was going to kill the next edible thing that wandered by ........ [:D]

NEW Fresh Printed manuals ...... I think I still have one of those from some version from back in the dim dark past ..... Somewhere ..... [&:]
EXRANPO

Post by EXRANPO »

Skip,

All we can do is be patient...... I have had a look at a few other threads and it would appear that Harpoon is not the only game that people have been waiting for to come out.

Just keep telling yourself it will all be worth it in the end.

How do you think I feel - I am in the land down under and will have to wait even longer - I am not sure how it works now but it used to be that a game for pc had to be produced differently for the US than it did for Australia, and from memory there was a delay in Australians being able to buy Harpoon ANW when it was released - something to do with the online shop and purchasing methods I think. I always by hard copy with the manuals so at least I have a really cool book to leave on the edge of my desk at work so people ask me all about the game.

Anyhow - roll on the day of release - whenever that may be...... my wife is making sure I do not buy any other toys between now and the release of Harpoon.

Cheers and beers,

Rod
mack2

Post by mack2 »

How do you think I feel - I am in the land down under and will have to wait even longer

Well that's just peachy :mad:

Will we at least be able to choose the "download + boxed" version and download it straight away?
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

ORIGINAL: EXRANPO

my wife is making sure I do not buy any other toys between now and the release of Harpoon.

That's just doubly bad luck! She is one clever woman to be sure.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Hmm, been interstate for a bit (the lovely but windy Yorke Peninsular)&nbsp;so behind on the gossip..........&nbsp;
&nbsp;
The countdown begins huh? &nbsp;Okey dokey....... two hundred thousand green bottles sitting on the wall, two hundred thousand green bottles sitting on the wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally get stuck&nbsp;at the printers.............[:'(]
&nbsp;
New screen shots look pretty trick, getting excited.....&nbsp; One thing I find, not troubling so much unusual lets say, is that patches are being written before the product&nbsp;is on the shelf.&nbsp; Unusual industry gaming software!
&nbsp;
The Bungle
The Bungle

"As so often happens, it's the self-proclaimed
peacemakers that you really have to watch out for."

EXRANPO

Post by EXRANPO »

My dear lady wife is as clever as she is beautiful.

Have just spent a heap of money restoring an old car and she is kinda twitchy when I mention spending money. The car is just about finished but am waiting for some people to do stuff to finish the job and there is a little more money to be spent on it yet. She does know that I have been waiting a very long time for HCCE to be released and she was impressed by the fact that I declined the offer to by ANW to wait for this.

And that is one of the reasons I am really keen to see the game released.

Rod
mack2

Post by mack2 »

Whipped ;p
BlindOldUmp

Post by BlindOldUmp »

ORIGINAL: mack2
How do you think I feel - I am in the land down under and will have to wait even longer

Well that's just peachy :mad:

Will we at least be able to choose the "download + boxed" version and download it straight away?

That is standard procedure here in the States but I refuse to speak for your neighborhood ........ I've been north of the North Coast and East of the South Coast but never West of the Left Coast .... [;)]
EXRANPO

Post by EXRANPO »

Skip,

Guess we will have to wait and see. As for being west of the west coast - you really should try down under sometime - it is a pretty neat place to be.

Cheers,

Rod
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Aww thats right EXRAN, we go to all that expense building refugee holding pens and there you go inviting in the riff RAAF&nbsp;(oops!), the riff raff&nbsp;[;)]&nbsp;, to the damn country
&nbsp;
*Bungle waits to hear if an F111 is taking off over yonder hill* hmm probably cant operate computers, should be safe!
&nbsp;
Anyhoo enough of the banter, any more signs of HCCE progress?
The Bungle

"As so often happens, it's the self-proclaimed
peacemakers that you really have to watch out for."

TonyE

Post by TonyE »

ORIGINAL: Bungle

Aww thats right EXRAN, we go to all that expense building refugee holding pens and there you go inviting in the riff RAAF (oops!), the riff raff [;)] , to the damn country

*Bungle waits to hear if an F111 is taking off over yonder hill* hmm probably cant operate computers, should be safe!

Anyhoo enough of the banter, any more signs of HCCE progress?

Sorry, too busy feuding in the Harpoon 3 forum [:D] I haven't heard anything, but the building and testing of the first patch progresses. I'll find it unique and interesting if we release the patch before the game [&:].

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition”