Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading Game from cd

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> Loading Game from cd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading Game from cd - 8/9/2007 6:20:26 AM   
Dan Henning

I can not load the game from the cd. There is no autorun. When I use the ad programs method of installing the program , windows can not find the installation file.

I previously had the game installed from downloading the game. I unistalled the game because I could not open the reference manual. I have windows xp.

Is there any reason why I can not load the game from the cd?

Thanks in advance

Dan Henning
Post #: 1
RE: Loading Game from cd - 8/9/2007 8:32:30 AM   
06 Maestro

Have you tried opening the CD? I don't have the CD, but there is likely an install exe.

(in reply to Dan Henning)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading Game from cd - 8/9/2007 2:17:55 PM   
Arjuna

Dan,

Just open the CD with Windows Explorer. You should see a zip file called "ConquestofTheAegean-SetupRelease-DR.zip". This is a compressed archive file. Double-click it to open the WinZip window. It should list a single file called "ConquestofTheAegean-SetupRelease-DR.exe". This is the same file you get when you download the game over the net. Double-click the file to extract it. This will take a few moments and then you should see the COTA Setup window. Just follow the installation steps from there.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading Game from cd - 8/9/2007 2:49:17 PM   
Dan Henning

Dave

I put in the cd in the drive, use the run command for the cd,browse to the cd drive and looked for any files. There are none. The cd is labeled 130865367.

Dan

Post #: 4
RE: Loading Game from cd - 8/9/2007 5:04:31 PM   
RayWolfe

Can you "read" the CD from another drive or another machine? Sounds like you either got a faulty drive or a blank CD.
Cheers
Ray

Post #: 5
RE: Loading Game from cd - 8/9/2007 11:09:53 PM   
HansBolter

I have had similar experiences with Matrix hard copy disks before.

My drives treated them like they were an unrecognized format or something.

I tried the same disks in the same drives a few weeks later and the drives read them just fine. Go figure?

Personally, I always buy both digital download and hardcopies. I burn the digital download to a disk as a backup and save the Matrix hard copy as an "original". That way if I ever remove the game from the HD and get the "no disk" reaction out of my drive to the Matrix hard copy I can always use my backup hard copy for the reinstall.

I suggest trying the CD in another drive on another computer. If that drive reads it successfully, get ahold of a flash drive with a capacity equal to or greater than a CD (approx. 700mb) or at least as large as the ZIP file contained on the CD and use the flash drive to get the ZIP file copied onto your computer. Or try rebooting your computer and trying the disk again. My initial reaction to the apparently blank disk was WTF. I even contacted Matrix to complain about the bad disk. Eventually I tried it again and my drive read it just fine.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 8/9/2007 11:20:06 PM >

(in reply to RayWolfe)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> Loading Game from cd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI