From: 27th Penal Battalion
ORIGINAL: The Plodder
Great tool, very nicely done. I did notice one little bug though, If you click on a unit with no description it retains the previous one. i.e. if you click on a leader then any air support, it keeps the leader description.
ups, I think that I take care about this but I probably forgot, thanks for info
Great tool Arkady!
I was in the middle of creating one of my own, but no need to now, yours is pretty good so I'll stand back. A few points if I may, with a view to help improve the tool even further.
* There's additional (special camo, early/late etc) bitmaps, are they already displayed?
early/late and winter camo are displayed if available (you select camo from drop down combo box)
* I think it would be better to display soft/hard attacks in digits as well, instead of the graph, since it would be easier to understand values, and display them in-form so that the extra click is saved. Would this be possible?
I'll put data in table under graph
I made utility for size 800x600, of course today's standard is larger but I want to keep with this size. I'll try find more room in main form.
* Jason was kind enough to share with me while I was doing my own tool the attached UnitGuide file. Most probably you can display more data based on this classification (credit to beta testers, I believe).
thanks, I'll look at it...now I reach limit for free users and can not download it, If you can, send iot to me to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Out of curiosity I see the footprint of your app is pretty small, what is it written in? Are you using an in-memory data representation (most probably) or a database created on the fly?
Visual C# 2005 Express Edition
- it is one of free tool for .NET programming
I read all data into memory streams
Just did a quick look thru at Arkady's Unit Viewer:
Noticed in both EF, WF, that the Tiger 1 has a range of 16 and the Tiger 2 has a range of only 12, please tell me there is a discrepincy in this.
well, those data are from weapon.pdx files, you must ask develepors why they have range for hard targets 4km/3km
check stats for guns
and this page http://www.alanhamby.com/tiger.html
states that effective range for TIger I is 3000 m with armour piercing and 5000 m with HE rounds