Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: thoughts on playing against human opponent.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> RE: thoughts on playing against human opponent. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: thoughts on playing against human opponent. - 8/7/2007 2:09:06 AM   
j campbell

thanks for the clarification- agreed -refits first to the west but if a korps is facing elimnation he need s to be kept up to strength (to the pt where 1 attack willnot annhilate it) thus keeping pressure on the german ef is very important.

"the willow branch but bends beneath the snow"

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 31
RE: thoughts on playing against human opponent. - 8/7/2007 2:30:20 AM   
hjaco

I have learned the hard way, not to defend to much to the east with Germany. I use all 7 German B corps and an HQ stacked together.

Your offensive against AH assumes, AH is not going to fight for Galicia. I choose in my last game to ignore Serbia and defend with the entire AH army in a line from Krakow to Lemberg, that is using the permanent fortresses, which are a pain for the Russians to take out as they lack siege artillery. The east side of Galicia was screened with cavalry only.

Well Russia went for EP and AH launched a spoiling offensive towards Warsaw and Brest-Litovsk, which attracted some attention from Ivan which was also the intention

Granted, Russia is a bit stronger than AH in manpower and quality, but given all factors i think it is a even match is Russia goes for AH first.

Well, that remains still to be seen.

Post #: 32
RE: thoughts on playing against human opponent. - 8/7/2007 2:56:49 AM   
SMK-at-work

Yep - if AH decides to defend Galicia then it all changes again!! 

And then you can get Serbia taking a few towns...maybe British troops landing at Scutarii in 1915 to defend vs Bulgaria, and Turkey remaining isolated......

Wonderful ain't it!

< Message edited by SMK-at-work -- 8/7/2007 2:57:18 AM >

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 33
RE: thoughts on playing against human opponent. - 8/7/2007 3:01:23 AM   
Arinvald

Yeah, your initial deployment and guesses about opponent's deployment are real nail biters.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> RE: thoughts on playing against human opponent. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI