Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Set Form'n-level Objective Track

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Set Form'n-level Objective Track Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Set Form'n-level Objective Track - 7/26/2007 1:47:48 AM   
sstevens06

Another enhancement I've been wishing for lately is: a new event which would let the scenario designer set Objective Tracks at an individual formation-level. If triggered, the formation-specific objective track value would override the current force-level objective track setting. (Goes without saying that this new capability to set formation-specific objective track would suplement, not replace, the existing force-level objective track mechanism.)

The usual apologies if this enhancement has already been proposed, but I could really use such a feature right now in Suez Canal 1973. There's a whole raft of formation-level parameters we should be able to set via events: supply, proficiency, shock, even replacement priority, most of which have already been proposed at some time or other.

Oh, and more objective tracks would be nice too - 3 seems awfully limiting. I'm working on a scenario which covers less than 20 days of active combat and find myself wishing for at least 4, perhaps 5 or 6 objective tracks to work with, the more accurately to simulate a full spectrum of historical (and also hypothetical) courses of action which the PO side had open to it. I can't imagine how one could possibly program a PO for some of the 'monster' scenarios most of you players seem so fond of with a mere 3 objective tracks...

< Message edited by sstevens06 -- 7/26/2007 1:48:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Set Form'n-level Objective Track - 7/26/2007 1:59:30 AM   
Veers

quote:

ORIGINAL: sstevens06

Another enhancement I've been wishing for lately is: a new event which would let the scenario designer set Objective Tracks at an individual formation-level. If triggered, the formation-specific objective track value would override the current force-level objective track setting. (Goes without saying that this new capability to set formation-specific objective track would suplement, not replace, the existing force-level objective track mechanism.)

The usual apologies if this enhancement has already been proposed, but I could really use such a feature right now in Suez Canal 1973. There's a whole raft of formation-level parameters we should be able to set via events: supply, proficiency, shock, even replacement priority, most of which have already been proposed at some time or other.

Oh, and more objective tracks would be nice too - 3 seems awfully limiting. I'm working on a scenario which covers less than 20 days of active combat and find myself wishing for at least 4, perhaps 5 or 6 objective tracks to work with, the more accurately to simulate a full spectrum of historical (and also hypothetical) courses of action which the PO side had open to it. I can't imagine how one could possibly program a PO for some of the 'monster' scenarios most of you players seem so fond of with a mere 3 objective tracks...

Limited options and generally only historical ones at that, there is no other way to do it with only 3 tracks.

To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.

(in reply to sstevens06)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Set Form'n-level Objective Track Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI