Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 7/25/2007 5:15:36 PM   
Alex Fiedler

The powerful panzer that is this compilation of John Tiller's turn-based WWII hits has some shiny new armor and a new paint job

Matrix Games and Campaign Series Legion are excited to announce the release of a new update for John Tiller's Campaign Series! This latest update brings many new improvements and tweaks to the game in addition to several new dynamic campaigns for East Front and 16 new scenarios for Westfront!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said "This latest update for Campaign Series will no doubt satisfy many fans of the game who have graciously offered their feedback and support. Additionally, we're more than happy to provide gamers who are currently enjoying this compilation of John Tiller's addicting titles with even more content and scenarios!"

The John Tiller's Campaign Series compilation exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion.

Reinforce your countrymen at the Western Front. Swarm Japanese strongholds on your way to their homeland. Crush the enemy on the Eastern Front. Protect the U.S. coast from Japanese invasion. March into Germany standing victorious with your allies. This exclusive compilation proudly offers more than 350 scenarios, fought by more than 35 countries stretching from France to the American coast.

The update is comprehensive and will bring the game to version 1.02. It is available both as a manual install by downloading the file from the link below and in the auto update feature from the main menu within the game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=318

Post #: 1
RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 7/25/2007 5:23:03 PM   
Jason Petho

Thanks, Alex!

Jason Petho

Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 7/30/2007 2:34:21 PM   
baltjes

After downloading the JTCS update 1.02, the OOB editor came with a 'Internal Data Error' message when trying to open the USA OOB on June 1944. This did not occur when the update was not yet installed; The OOB of all countries (of WestFronT) could be accessed without problems. Again, after re-installing the game and the patch (without the copying of one of my own WF-scenario's), the message popped up. Can someone tell me of this problem is met by other peiople and how to solve it?

The new JTCS release contains quit a number of new units. Is there any information available on the how these units can be used? For example, how many platoons can be carried by a troop-train or armoured train? What is/are the function(s) of supply units (of course: to provide supply, but how to use them in a scenario)? I saw 'Camp' and 'Suplly dump' units with the Russians. How to deal with them? What is anyway the difference betwen 'Russians' and 'Soviets'? As far as I could see, the manual does not give any information about these subjects (it is just a merging of WF, EF and RS manuals; somewhat disappointing!).

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 7/30/2007 4:44:41 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: baltjes

After downloading the JTCS update 1.02, the OOB editor came with a 'Internal Data Error' message when trying to open the USA OOB on June 1944. This did not occur when the update was not yet installed; The OOB of all countries (of WestFronT) could be accessed without problems. Again, after re-installing the game and the patch (without the copying of one of my own WF-scenario's), the message popped up. Can someone tell me of this problem is met by other peiople and how to solve it?

I will take a look tonight at the problem.

quote:

ORIGINAL: baltjes
The new JTCS release contains quit a number of new units. Is there any information available on the how these units can be used? For example, how many platoons can be carried by a troop-train or armoured train? What is/are the function(s) of supply units (of course: to provide supply, but how to use them in a scenario)? I saw 'Camp' and 'Suplly dump' units with the Russians. How to deal with them? What is anyway the difference betwen 'Russians' and 'Soviets'? As far as I could see, the manual does not give any information about these subjects (it is just a merging of WF, EF and RS manuals; somewhat disappointing!).

I am putting together and updated manual that explains the uses of the new units. Will take awhile as there is a lot on my plate at the moment.

Jason Petho

Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

(in reply to baltjes)
Post #: 4
RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 8/9/2007 6:17:23 PM   
baltjes

Hello Jason,

After downloading patch 1.02B, everything seems to be OK so far. I have noticed that more people encountered the same problem, so you have made many people happy with that patch. (When opening the OOB editor for april 1945, the same message still shows up telling that some marines are missing, however, after a few <Enters>, the OOB editor becomes fuly acsessible),

Thank you,

Hajo Baltjes

Post #: 5
RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 8/9/2007 6:21:44 PM   
Jason Petho

Duly noted about the Marines. I will correct that for 1.03.
Glad it works though!

Jason Petho

Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

(in reply to baltjes)
Post #: 6
RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 9/2/2007 10:21:53 PM   
baltjes

Another (small) Bug?

When creating a new scenario of WF,april 1945  I noticed that the Plane-units in the German (platoon) OOB appear on the map as like naval guns. In the unit box they look like planes (as they should be). They have no movement range. This just holds for the bomber units, the artillery spotter is quite OK! (That means it looks like a plane on both the map and the unit box and flies quite a number of hexes. If it realy spots artillery I haven't figured out yet). Just to let ou know,

Greetings,

Hajo Baltjes

Post #: 7
RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! - 9/2/2007 11:41:41 PM   
Jason Petho

Duly noted.

With the exception of the Recce/Arty Spotter aircraft, airplanes will not move. That is intentional.

Jason Petho

Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

(in reply to baltjes)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller's Campaign Series Updated! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI