Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

battle reports tcp/ip

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> battle reports tcp/ip Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
battle reports tcp/ip - 7/8/2007 7:18:18 PM   
Maulet

My friend and me have played tcp/ip in hamachi network , without any problem

But when the battles finished I didn't see the battle report. My friend ( he was the host ) neither seen the report.

Why??

Thx!
Post #: 1
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/8/2007 8:49:26 PM   
cesteman

I can't answer you question, but I know that this network was talked about in the main forum area. Try a search for tcp/ip and maybe you'll find out who's been trying it out and you can talk to them and see if they've had the same problem.

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 2
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/8/2007 11:19:25 PM   
Maulet

quote:

ORIGINAL: cesteman

I can't answer you question, but I know that this network was talked about in the main forum area. Try a search for tcp/ip and maybe you'll find out who's been trying it out and you can talk to them and see if they've had the same problem.

yes, grey_lensman was using the hamachi network.

But before enter in hamachi discussion I want to know if when we play by tcp/ip appear or not that battle reports.

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 3
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 4:50:05 AM   
Walloc

When grey and i played i didnt see any battle reports either, no. He was host tho, so he might chime in too.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 4
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 4:52:06 AM   
Gil R.

Just a guess, but is it possible that the reports don't pop up automatically, but do appear if one clicks on the button? I think PBEM works that way, though it's been ages since I played PBEM.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 5
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 4:55:24 AM   
Walloc

For event reports sure, but where would u press for battle reports?
They at leased in normal vs AI games seems to be one time pop up reports, but i could very well be missing the obvious. Has happend before and will again.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 7/9/2007 4:56:44 AM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 4:57:36 AM   
Gil R.

Oh, sorry, I didn't read carefully. Yeah, I don't doubt that battle reports aren't popping up. I hereby bow out of responding on this thread, since it's a matter for the programmer to address...

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 7
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 5:06:22 AM   
Walloc

Auch, gives Gil a hug.

Rasmus

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 11:54:00 AM   
Maulet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Oh, sorry, I didn't read carefully. Yeah, I don't doubt that battle reports aren't popping up. I hereby bow out of responding on this thread, since it's a matter for the programmer to address...

So it's a bug?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 2:20:39 PM   
ericbabe

The Events Report doesn't automatically open on the client; you should still be able to open it by pressing the Events Report button.

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 10
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 2:30:03 PM   
Maulet

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

The Events Report doesn't automatically open on the client; you should still be able to open it by pressing the Events Report button.

It's possible to include this in a future patch?? (for the client).

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 11
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 3:34:52 PM   
Walloc

quote:

But battle reports arent possible in HtH play aka tcp/ip right?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 12
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 9:04:17 PM   
LeBlaque

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Just a guess, but is it possible that the reports don't pop up automatically, but do appear if one clicks on the button? I think PBEM works that way, though it's been ages since I played PBEM.

In PBEM, Battle Reports do pop-up during the turn replay listing the typical "single player" data of Division performance, General Rallies, etc. I have yet to play a tcp/ip or network game so I gather that feature isn't working?

Regards,
LeBlaque

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 13
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/9/2007 9:54:56 PM   
ericbabe

The reports are working in our TCP/IP games.  They do not pop up automatically -- it would be a bit of work to do this; this is not a bug in code that is not working, we simply thought it wasn't important enough to spend a lot of time on this.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 14
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/10/2007 12:06:33 AM   
Walloc

Ok i havent seen any in my games but i stress i havent been host in any of those.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 15
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/10/2007 2:17:00 AM   
LeBlaque

quote:

The reports are working in our TCP/IP games.  They do not pop up automatically -- it would be a bit of work to do this; this is not a bug in code that is not working, we simply thought it wasn't important enough to spend a lot of time on this.

Ahem... Sorry to sound argumentative here, but instead consider me a bufoon. Regarding the Battle Report that displays after each battle showing the Brigade-level quality gains, battle losses, losses inflicted, General rallies, etc., I cannot find how to pull that report up again after the battle is OVER and the OK button is hit. I think I looked everywhere. Is there a substitute report or an actual place to pull up the Battle Report that shows the outcome of, say, a Decisive Battle in Lynchburg? If this report is inaccessible in tcp/ip and network, I think that should be added as I find the report most informative.

Regards,
LeBlaque

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 16
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/10/2007 4:22:34 AM   
ericbabe

Oh Battle Reports, those don't open in TCP/IP at all.  The eldritch multithreading TCP/IP layer wouldn't be happy if I threw a modal dialog at it at this point in the algorithm.  Sorry for the confusion.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 17
RE: battle reports tcp/ip - 7/10/2007 4:25:37 AM   
Gil R.

I think that's programmerspeak for "It's not possible to have Battle Reports pop up right after a battle because the overall turn is still being resolved, whereas Event Reports come at the end of the turn and therefore cause no trouble." Or something like that.

EDIT: Well, the word "eldritch" isn't programmerspeak, but it is thisparticularprogrammerspeak.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> battle reports tcp/ip Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI