Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Task bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> Task bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Task bug - 7/2/2007 11:04:19 AM   
GoodGuy

While making all those screenshot for the other thread, I encountered the "task-bug" again, where you can't select the attack-task, so you can't move it around anymore. It happens (95% of the appearances at least, that would be my guess) if you start a scenario and if you detach units BEFORE you hit the "play" button. It would only disappear if you'd reload the scenario or if you'd create a savegame.

I think i've brought it up before, but I know when it happens, now.
Fire up a few scenarios, don't hit play, then detach units and give attack orders/move orders to some Bns' units BEFORE you hit PLAY. This stuff appears regularly on my end, since I use to give a massive amount of orders before I hit PLAY, so it's pretty annoying.

The arrow in the red circle looks like those indicators used for units controlled by the player AI. These indicators use to display targets/paths for movement, so it looks like the unit's PR department thinks it's still controlled by the AI, although it's General GoodGuy who took over personally, with the line units listening to his orders. You get the idea?

I've got the savegame, but once you reload the savegame the bug disappears, so I refrain from sending it.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 7/3/2007 5:40:16 AM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
Post #: 1
RE: Task bug - 9/16/2007 2:38:24 PM   
GoodGuy

Any news? Did someone else encounter this bug or is it just me? You can recreate this if you load savegames (i don't know if it has to be the same) for 5-15 times, then chances are high that the problem comes up.
Just a reminder, it does happen midgame too, once in a while.
Low priority i guess since u can fix it with save/reload, but it's frustrating if the AI does different moves after the reload of the savegame, - i mean if these new moves are to my disadvantage heheh. This bug disturbs the "work flow".

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 9/16/2007 3:04:24 PM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> Task bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI